Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Brembo Racing Rotors to Replace PCCBs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:08 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,749 Likes on 2,355 Posts

^ yes, PJS knows what he's talking about. like i said, those brand names are good, but they are $$$. nothing wrong with them, but it really depends on how quickly you use them up and who's paying the bills.

deman and protosport makes slotted rotors.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:12 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

The GiroDisc are also available w/ slotted format.. and since they are 2-pieces design, you can re-use the hats.. I wonder if this would be the cheapest way to go (after the initial investment).. !
Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 PM
GMP - Matthew
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
brembo makes some very good stuff, but they also make some low end kits.
AP has some great kits as well as does stop tech (maybe not so much for porsches, but they KNOW brakes) and also PFC.

but unless someone is footing the bills (like pro teams) or i am getting to the last .0001 second for a big pay chk, i much rather stay with slotted rotors. cheap, heavy, great stopping power and last a long time. NO brembo, ap, etc out last them (the big names are just lighter).

i never like to use things that pro's use. it means nothing. they either are sponsored or paid. we aren't. i race bicycles. i have friends talking about what pro's are riding blah blah. well. most pro's have 3% body fat...... get the picture?
FYI Brembo owns AP, its not just about how long they last, they are less likely to crack because the materials they are made of. Lighter is also faster, but if your out there just to have fun then Brembo is not for you. Their customer is the him or her that is all about the best performance regardless of cost.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:34 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

i know brembo owns ap, but they do continue to offer different kits. they are lighter and better, just not the best value and as you stated, it's for someone who cares about the last bit of performance advantage. having had AP and brembo floaters on my 6 and 7gt3 i realize their theoretical benefit, but i still have to answer to my bank account and sharpen my driving skills. btw, my drilled brembo floater cracked at the same milage as my oem. while the slotted version cracks at the same mileage as deman and protosport slotted. personally i feel as long as the metal is not crap, then the character of cracking depends mostly on drilled or slotted. YMMV.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:44 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ yes, PJS knows what he's talking about. like i said, those brand names are good, but they are $$$. nothing wrong with them, but it really depends on how quickly you use them up and who's paying the bills.

deman and protosport makes slotted rotors.
thanks mooty -- did you use deman/protsport on your PCCB .1 RS?

Originally Posted by cfjan
The GiroDisc are also available w/ slotted format.. and since they are 2-pieces design, you can re-use the hats.. I wonder if this would be the cheapest way to go (after the initial investment).. !
I believe in the two piece world, these are the least expensive... and I have not heard a bad thing about them in terms of performance or durability.

Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
FYI Brembo owns AP, its not just about how long they last, they are less likely to crack because the materials they are made of. Lighter is also faster, but if your out there just to have fun then Brembo is not for you. Their customer is the him or her that is all about the best performance regardless of cost.
Matt -- I think you have hit the nail on the head.. best performance regardless of cost... i loved them on my past car but like mooty, must answer to the wallet... I wonder if it would make sense from brembo to make a 2 piece that is a bit "down market" if you will... although they probably do not want to dilute their brand.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure if that will "dilute" the brand.. I mean, Brembo also makes a lot of OEM rotors / OEM replacements. When I put in new rotors for my wife's old Accord, I put in a set of Brembo.. ! So they make systems in a wide variety of price range.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:51 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ good point...

It seems to me that there is room in the lineup for a "value oriented" 2 piece slotted... beneath the type 3...
Old 03-17-2010, 12:53 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the Deman Motorsports products. Right price and i find the performance far superior than the stock and a few others i tried.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:41 PM
rodjac
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharkwerks put the Brembo rotors on my GT2 after I fried the ceramics after a few track days. They have been great on the track and I am very happy with the change.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:06 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
thanks mooty -- did you use deman/protsport on your PCCB .1 RS?
i ordered my .1rs with steel.
after that first set went, i have always ran protosport rotors (on 6gt3 and 7gt3 non RS as well). i went with protosport b/c they were out at least two years before deman. and being a creature of habit, i never changed.

obviously quite a bit heavier than two pcs brembo's. but they were 700/set or maybe less i can't remember but it was cheap enough that i bought 6 sets (12 rotors) each time i ordered.

rear i always used OEM. they were very inexpensive so i doubt aftermarket would bother making them (brembo most likely have matching sets, but i am talking about deman and protosport wont' make much money trying to make rears). also the wear and tear on the rear is very minimal. i usually need two fronts for each rear sets.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:36 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

I have the ex-Mooty/NJ-GT RS and it came with O.E rears and slotted fronts plus spares. I even bought extras from Mooty in the form of O.E rears with slotted fronts to have a second matching spare set.

I assume now that the fronts are Protosports.
Alot of people asked but i was never really sure.

I have been veery happy with their strength and life.
and the price is the best part

i ordered my .1rs with steel.
after that first set went, i have always ran protosport rotors (on 6gt3 and 7gt3 non RS as well). i went with protosport b/c they were out at least two years before deman. and being a creature of habit, i never changed.

obviously quite a bit heavier than two pcs brembo's. but they were 700/set or maybe less i can't remember but it was cheap enough that i bought 6 sets (12 rotors) each time i ordered.

rear i always used OEM. they were very inexpensive so i doubt aftermarket would bother making them (brembo most likely have matching sets, but i am talking about deman and protosport wont' make much money trying to make rears). also the wear and tear on the rear is very minimal. i usually need two fronts for each rear sets.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:43 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ yes, tom. those fronts you got from me are protosport rotors.

Quick Reply: Brembo Racing Rotors to Replace PCCBs?