Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Power Tool for Removing Center Lock on 2010 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:35 AM
emming
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interesting thread. Thanks for the vendor suggestions I will definitely check them and hopefully they will offer what I am looking for. I need some new power tools but they are always so expensive and due to this I always preferred a power rental but now I want to buy cheap tools in order to have one at home.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Space Coast GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

One item to note is you should have any torque wrench you purchase calibrated. I have been surprised at the variance of new wrenches. Also, Precision Instruments (and others) recommends you do not use the torque wrench to remove or loosen items. To save some bucks, I bought a 3/4 breaker bar from Harbor Freight for 10 bucks. I then picked up a four foot steel pipe from Home Depot to slide over and extend the breaker bar. For less than 20 bucks I have a great breaker bar to loosen my CL's.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:33 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

The Precesion Tools wrench sold on Tooltopia has settings for CW (clockwise) and CCW ( counter clockwise). As long as you flip the torque handle around you can use it both ways I was instructed.

Question though...where would you send this torque wrench off to for calibration?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Space Coast GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Good to know Mike. My instructions mention not to use the wrench to loosen - and then it goes on to give instructions to flip the handle. Felt it best to play it safe and make a breaker bar setup. Luckily I have access to a calibration lab through work. I am not sure of a good commercial source other than the manufacturer.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:39 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Space Coast GT3
Good to know Mike. My instructions mention not to use the wrench to loosen - and then it goes on to give instructions to flip the handle. Felt it best to play it safe and make a breaker bar setup. Luckily I have access to a calibration lab through work. I am not sure of a good commercial source other than the manufacturer.
Yes it's odd...part of me says get a breaker bar but the other due to the CW/CCW feature of the wrench is confusing says this is what it is designed for.

Quick Reply: Power Tool for Removing Center Lock on 2010 GT3