Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 01:49 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
damn michael.
maybe i should get another RS so you can "sharpen" your skills by doing all the mods a second time!?
Yes, I can't wait to get my hands on your 2010 white GT3 RS

Originally Posted by jshudson
Mike, Your DIYs are terific. Thanks for taking the extra time to document for the rest of us!
Sure thing. I learn tons every time I tackle a new project
Old 02-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Mike,
What's the next DIY?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:28 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the write-up Mike. Question: do you unbolt the stock motor mount from the top two bolts first, or the bottom bolt first?

Thanks for your help.

-Doug
Old 02-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Sound like a great mod, as Paul (GTnorth?) said a year or two ago. But isn't there another compliant mount which you haven't changed? Any concern about a problem with this combination, where the engine can move in one direction but not the other?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:38 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jon70
Mike,
What's the next DIY?
I just posted it

Originally Posted by lawjdc
Thanks for the write-up Mike. Question: do you unbolt the stock motor mount from the top two bolts first, or the bottom bolt first?

Thanks for your help.

-Doug
Hey Doug

Remove the lower M12 nut before the top two bolts and you are good to go

Originally Posted by Terry L
Sound like a great mod, as Paul (GTnorth?) said a year or two ago. But isn't there another compliant mount which you haven't changed? Any concern about a problem with this combination, where the engine can move in one direction but not the other?
You mean the transmission mount? I don't think there is an alternative at this time. I don't believe it's a problem by replacing just the two rear engine mounts
Old 02-28-2010, 09:20 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
You mean the transmission mount? I don't think there is an alternative at this time. I don't believe it's a problem by replacing just the two rear engine mounts

I spoke to someone at WEVO several weeks ago and that is what they told me also. They also added that there is little need to replace the mount for something else and the mounts should be considered a normal wear item and replaced from time to time. I "think" he said every 15,000 track miles or so but not 100% sure if that is correct.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:48 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
I spoke to someone at WEVO several weeks ago and that is what they told me also. They also added that there is little need to replace the mount for something else and the mounts should be considered a normal wear item and replaced from time to time. I "think" he said every 15,000 track miles or so but not 100% sure if that is correct.
Yeah, these engine mounts are so cheap and easily replaced. Each M12 nuts only cost $2 from suncoast. I will be replacing these engine mounts at least once every year or two
Old 03-01-2010, 03:44 AM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Great mod!! I wish I could have it done but need to ask, even though I am pretty sure of the answer: does this void the warranty?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:52 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great thread that justifies PDEM. You get the same low defletion in sport while feeling even less vibration than the stock mounts in normal mode.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:39 AM
GT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if these can be retrofitted on earlier cars. Even if there can only be an on-off operation with a switch.
Anyone here knows how they work? Ie what kind of signal activates them etc?
Old 03-01-2010, 05:54 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CorsicanBB
Great mod!! I wish I could have it done but need to ask, even though I am pretty sure of the answer: does this void the warranty?
I have no idea ...
Old 03-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Md11skipper
Instructor

Ordered WEVO's on Monday (great customer service), received them today (Wednesday) and installed them in 45 minutes. This must be one of the easiest mods for our cars!
Impressions:
Due to my Akrapovic Evo Race system, I did not even hear a difference on the startup though while driving I believe I sense a little more of a mechanical sound coming from the engine.
Before the exchange of the engine mounts, the engine seemed to be more isolated from the chassis and with the Wevo mounts everything seems more direct and connected and more responsive. I think these mounts elevate the character of the GT3's
So far I have only driven it for 20 miles in the local area and I love it, I highly endorse this upgrade, thanks mikymu!
Old 03-04-2010, 02:28 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Md11skipper
Ordered WEVO's on Monday (great customer service), received them today (Wednesday) and installed them in 45 minutes. This must be one of the easiest mods for our cars!
Impressions:
Due to my Akrapovic Evo Race system, I did not even hear a difference on the startup though while driving I believe I sense a little more of a mechanical sound coming from the engine.
Before the exchange of the engine mounts, the engine seemed to be more isolated from the chassis and with the Wevo mounts everything seems more direct and connected and more responsive. I think these mounts elevate the character of the GT3's
So far I have only driven it for 20 miles in the local area and I love it, I highly endorse this upgrade, thanks mikymu!
Fantastic! It is very easy to install. I will time myself next year when I refresh the engine mount. Wish I could have your exhaust - I want to lose some serious weight from the rear. Glad you felt a performance improvement

OK, back to garage to get the car ready for tomoorw's event at Laguna
Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Once spring hits the DC area, I plan to order a set myself.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:33 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 191 Posts

I have the 964/993 Rs mount on my 6gt3 nice and dirty : ) with 964 part number. Here's a pic- washer on top sits flush. I don't feel ne different then stock-must have a fat *** shock absorber : (. Mike
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: WEVO mount my engine