Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sniff of the Darkside (mmm-delicious)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:23 PM
svp928
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Sniff of the Darkside (mmm-delicious)

As you can see by my sig, I am not a current 911 owner-- but, I sat in and inhaled deeply of, a new GT-3 at the local dealership...you guys who own these cars are worthy of envy from those of us who don't...just sitting in it and feeling the goodies was pretty special , - you have really nice cars! Plus this particular car is a paint-to-order Mexico Blue w/black interior- a terrific color. Adaptive sport seats were nice, centerlocks, pccb's, sport chrono.... Surprised it has been there for a few a weeks with no takers. I'd get it if the money was available!

Anyway, just a post to salute a beautiful car. Very seductive for a street/track junkie....

Steve
Old 02-18-2010, 04:14 PM
deutschmick
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

The darkside's not so bad!

I believe I have the best of both worlds; a '91 928 GT and a '07 GT3. Different cars, to be sure, but I dearly love 'em both. Your 928 looks great!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:50 PM
svp928
Rennlist Member

Thanks Deutsh, I hope to be joining you in dual ownership someday...
Old 02-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by svp928
As you can see by my sig, I am not a current 911 owner-- but, I sat in and inhaled deeply of, a new GT-3 at the local dealership...you guys who own these cars are worthy of envy from those of us who don't...just sitting in it and feeling the goodies was pretty special , - you have really nice cars! Plus this particular car is a paint-to-order Mexico Blue w/black interior- a terrific color. Adaptive sport seats were nice, centerlocks, pccb's, sport chrono.... Surprised it has been there for a few a weeks with no takers. I'd get it if the money was available!

Anyway, just a post to salute a beautiful car. Very seductive for a street/track junkie....

Steve
This the car @ Monterey?
Old 02-18-2010, 05:35 PM
svp928
Rennlist Member

Yes, the Monterey dealer. I think they would negotiate, as they actually have a silver one also. Very unusual for them two GT3's...

That Mexico Blue is really a good color on that car! IMHO
Old 02-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Yeah I have been looking at it, and a couple of other blue cars in Ca ... they all have a little too much
"bling" on them for my tastes ... or at least I think so?

Old 02-18-2010, 09:06 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a good looking shark!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:33 PM
svp928
Rennlist Member

Bob, thanks! Been a fan of the unloved 928 since about '76, still like it a lot. Must be the mid-life crisis thing that makes me want a GT3- that blue one, especially. I'd have to be polygamous, though, and keep the 928...
Larry, what bling are you seeing? The two here don't have any extra bling that I noticed, particularly...in fact, with the blue sitting there, I didn't even notice the silver one until it was pointed out to me that it was also a GT3... Maybe you guys are jaded by already owning one, but a GT3 IS bling in its natural state- no extra needed. I've about broke my neck anytime one drives into view, lol..Fine units, those cars of yours...And, unlike the more common midlife crisis, this one isn't made of bottle blonde and plastic *****...might even be able to get away with it and not go directly to divorce court....

Quick Reply: Sniff of the Darkside (mmm-delicious)