Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Check production date for 10 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:10 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cscrogham
Be sure to send me some photos when the boat docks!
Cole
Hi Cole!

You got it!

Hey, you have an allocation right? What is your final spec and build date? Still going Grey color? Which contrast? Did you see the Grey/Gold pictures floating around? Looks super good.

Cheers-
Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 PM
atleung
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Went COMPROD yesterday and got the VIN today. Originally a late Feb build.
Congrats! What are the last four digits of your vin? Mine is 3600. Somebody on 6speedonline says there are only 13 RS's built so far.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:37 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by atleung
Congrats! What are the last four digits of your vin? Mine is 3600. Somebody on 6speedonline says there are only 13 RS's built so far.
xxxxxxxx3597 .... even shows up in carfax
Old 02-10-2010, 08:51 PM
atleung
Instructor

Originally Posted by rmag
xxxxxxxx3597 .... even shows up in carfax
HA. Big Brother!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Hi Cole!

You got it!

Hey, you have an allocation right? What is your final spec and build date? Still going Grey color? Which contrast? Did you see the Grey/Gold pictures floating around? Looks super good.

Cheers-
Mine is April build in blue/gold, standard brakes, li-ion battery, radio delete and several smaller details like silver belts, body color on seat belt trim, mirror attachment, headlight washers and shift console (trim strip only). I am going to rip it all apart and detail it for the Porsche Parade Concours in July Lord willing and the creek don't rise...grey/gold was too blahh for me, the blue just popped and I figure I have been waiting long enough I should get what I like.
I just helped a friend go through a color match for his RS to match it to his 911R which is a unique metallic blue. That moved his date back about 3 mos but was an interesting project to do. I'm not sure how I get involved in these things, but nice to be able to work with the old and new at the same time.
I am also working on a GT3RS logo t-shirt with a graphic designer and need a good pic of your car from 3/4 front to finish it, or else wait on mine. I am going to have a white and grey RS with red wheels "ghosted" in the background and the blue RS in the foreground, with the RS logo on front and sleeve. Would love to have those done in time for the Parade Goodie Store!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:26 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by atleung
3611 here

So there is 14 documented for ya'! (3597-3611). All got to be on the same boat I would think??
Old 02-10-2010, 11:31 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

I just helped a friend go through a color match for his RS to match it to his 911R which is a unique metallic blue. That moved his date back about 3 mos but was an interesting project to do. I'm not sure how I get involved in these things, but nice to be able to work with the old and new at the same time.
That's cool. Any pictures of the 911R? I'm thinking about building one of those down the road. Great idea to match the new car to it. Is the R an original Porsche color?
Old 02-10-2010, 11:32 PM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 189 Posts

Blue Gold is the right color in my book. My local dealer called to tell me Porsche contacted them regarding interested parties because they have a couple of builds for them. Here it is a month later and I am told Porsche is not returning his call. Now there is a loaded Grey and Red coming in that one of his clients does not want anymore. Anyway, if and when one arrives at my shop it will not have any options, will be broken in and immediately taken to the track.

Anyway, at this point my EGO is wanting the 2010 RS more than my wallet.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:35 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Mine is April build in blue/gold, standard brakes, li-ion battery, radio delete and several smaller details like silver belts, body color on seat belt trim, mirror attachment, headlight washers and shift console (trim strip only). I am going to rip it all apart and detail it for the Porsche Parade Concours in July Lord willing and the creek don't rise...grey/gold was too blahh for me, the blue just popped and I figure I have been waiting long enough I should get what I like.
I am also working on a GT3RS logo t-shirt with a graphic designer and need a good pic of your car from 3/4 front to finish it, or else wait on mine. I am going to have a white and grey RS with red wheels "ghosted" in the background and the blue RS in the foreground, with the RS logo on front and sleeve. Would love to have those done in time for the Parade Goodie Store!
Nice spec, in keeping with the light-weight, track oriented intent of the vehicle. And late spring delivery...nice!

Shoot me an email first of March (delivery time) to remind me and I wil be glad to get you some shots of the car. No problem. Hell, maybe Chris Sanner (Stoppie) at the dealer can arrange to take some as soon as they prep it? I will ask.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:40 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by inverterman
Now there is a loaded Grey and Red coming in that one of his clients does not want anymore.
Watch... there is going to be a lot of this happening.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:30 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bob_dallas
That's cool. Any pictures of the 911R? I'm thinking about building one of those down the road. Great idea to match the new car to it. Is the R an original Porsche color?
I am buried under a couple feet of snow, but I will get some pics for you and post on my Facebook site after I break my shovel.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scrogh...0343088?ref=nf

There are also a few photos there of a 911R re-creation I made a few years back, may give you some ideas. It was great fun to "restore" something without following every detail of originality, lots of room for creativity!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bob_dallas
Great idea to match the new car to it. Is the R an original Porsche color?
Any yes, it is an original color, the only blue one matched to a Scarab color from the 60's of all things. I'll bet most of you young bucks don't even know what a Scarab is, and you are the better for it...
I remember a gold one from Heishman in DC, that one went end over end at VIR and was repaired, then this blue one but most of the others were white following typical Porsche practice. I think Henry Ford ended up reincarnated at Weissach and changed his vote from black to white.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:17 AM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

I am buried under a couple feet of snow, but I will get some pics for you and post on my Facebook site after I break my shovel.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scrogh...0343088?ref=nf

There are also a few photos there of a 911R re-creation I made a few years back, may give you some ideas. It was great fun to "restore" something without following every detail of originality, lots of room for creativity!
Thanks - I love that R - it looks like it has some nice touches on it. I'll take the 934 also
Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 AM
gatman
Advanced

still scheduled for February 23 ...
Old 02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Feb 23rd was my date and as of today it is still good. Car is in paint as of today.
How do you know when your car is being painted?
How do you guys get a VIN#?

My car is also a Feb 23rd build, seems like thats the RS day at the factory...

Quick Reply: Check production date for 10 GT3 RS