Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

07 GT3 w/ GT2 Carbon F Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 05:41 PM
Tugboat 996
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 07 GT3 w/ GT2 Carbon F Seats

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2007 GT3 in Carrera White. It has a full GMG exhaust system, and has been lowered/ corner balanced. 5K miles on the clock. The standard seats have been swapped out for a new pair of the GT2 carbon fiber seats. Does anyone have an opinion on the seat change? How are the GT2 CF seats? It will not be a DD for me. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:46 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the Sport Bucket Seats are fantastic.
Supportive, confortable after hours of seat time.
What's not to like about them?
I think the seat change is a plus!
Old 12-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

this is easy; if you don't like them, sell them or swap them for the stock seats and/or a pair of
996 GT3 seats for the track.,

These GT2 seats are desirable items for the 997.1 GT2 track crowd, I just bought a set from
Suncoast for $6485 ...

You should haggle over the price since with the GT2 seats in the car, its not stock so it will
be "devalued" if/when you sell it on...

Regards

- Larry
Old 12-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Tugboat 996
Instructor

The car is not stock. As I mentioned, it has a full GMG exhaust. Link below.
http://www.westmontporsche.com/inven...L-29457936.htm

To me, the seats seem to be a plus as I do not care about it being 100% stock. But, that is based on appearance only. I have not sat in them.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:04 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Tugboat 996
The car is not stock. As I mentioned, it has a full GMG exhaust. Link below.
http://www.westmontporsche.com/inven...L-29457936.htm

To me, the seats seem to be a plus as I do not care about it being 100% stock. But, that is based on appearance only. I have not sat in them.
good point, I'd still haggle with them ... non-stock in any regard can be a negative for a certain segment of the GT3 buyers ... is it CPO'ed with the
GMG exhaust, will the dealer honor the warranty etc ...

while you might not care about it being non-stock the next buyer might not,
you should get the dealer to factor that in ...

- Larry
Old 12-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Tugboat 996
Instructor

It is Porsche certified through 2013 w/ the exhaust. I have yet to see the car....I think that I am going on Saturday.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:59 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

The GT2 seats are a plus on GT3 line IMO....I recently swapped my stock seats for a set of GT2 sport buckets on my RS at a local dealer....paid for installation only
Old 12-31-2009, 08:37 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting...the CPO states that no non-stock parts can be present on the car for it to qualify as CPO'd. Both the seats and the exhaust would seem to negate a CPO. It's one thing if the dealer will stand behind it, but another dealer might balk. Bottom line, the vehicle currently does not comply with PCNA CPO standards.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

The GT2 seats are no issue. They are as good as the GT3 one piece seats except for being a little wider. Expensive as hell, but since they are on the car now there is no reason to be concerned. I am also surprised about a CPO with a non stock exhaust. If it passes, count on the exhaust system not being covered.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Tugboat 996
Instructor

Interesting...the CPO states that no non-stock parts can be present on the car for it to qualify as CPO'd. Both the seats and the exhaust would seem to negate a CPO. It's one thing if the dealer will stand behind it, but another dealer might balk. Bottom line, the vehicle currently does not comply with PCNA CPO standards.
I thought the same thing. They did all of the work at the dealership and have stated that they will stand behind it. Evidently, the seats were ordered on a TT Cab, but the guy that just bought it requested the GT3 seats from this 2007. So they have just recently swapped them out. I could run into troubles at another dealer....good point.

Maybe there are too many red flags??? Any other ideas?

The good news with this car is that they are going to take my 996 in on a trade and are going to give me a fair price. I really do not want to go through the hassle of selling it out right. In addition, we have about 6 inches of snow on the ground and are getting another 6 tonight.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

If the dealer wants to trade my seats for GT2 seats I will offer my services
Old 12-31-2009, 11:06 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Seats...CPO non issue

Exhaust...a CPO no no!!! As far as warranty repair for "Oil Leaks" big window to say sorry, no can do

Porsche requests complete, detailed case information when a 997 GT3 or GT3RS engine is found to have oil leaks. This includes a verification of the vehicle’s detailed repair history (even beyond PQIS & Warranty history), a verification of the exact area of leakage with sharp, high-resolution pictures as well as a verification of any and all technical modifications on the vehicle (e.g. non-Porsche exhaust systems). A vehicle analysis log is also requested for these cases.
Important Note — Manipulating the factory installed engine components
The following will disrupt the vacuum conditions in the crankcase which can damage the crankshaft sealing ring on the flywheel side causing it to leak oil. •Pulling off the vacuum supply to the exhaust flaps. — Modified (negative ) engine power characteristic.
— Increased noise level over the entire rpm range.
•Deleting factory installed exhaust components.
•Replacing factory installed exhaust components with non-approved parts.
Additionally, the correct flywheel for the engine must be used. The incorrect flywheel will not disrupt the vacuum inside the engine however the increased crankshaft vibrations may damage the seal.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:42 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone have an opinion on the seat change? How are the GT2 CF seats?
I put these seats in my 2007 GT3 just a few months ago. I love them - both for the track and for my DD. The only issue might be seat height. They sit a little lower than the stock seats, and are only adjustable forwards/backwards.

I still have my stock seats; haven't decided what to do with them yet. Despite valid comments made about getting the dealer to knock down the price for not having the stock seats, I have to say that I can't imagine that I will sell my GT3 some day to someone who would not prefer these GT2 seats. Side air bags, fold backs, gorgeous leather... what's not to like?

Old 01-01-2010, 12:02 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

consider yourself lucky if the car already has CF GT2 seats.

I got em' in my RS and they are great for track and play.
Being able to access the rear for storage is completely awesome!!!
My helmet goes in the trunk and my luggage goes behind the seat. completments a street car/track car.

especially if you dont plan to DD much, these are the seats for you.

Any GT3 with a licence plate that is used for track should have these.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:08 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2007 GT3 in Carrera White. It has a full GMG exhaust system, and has been lowered/ corner balanced. 5K miles on the clock. The standard seats have been swapped out for a new pair of the GT2 carbon fiber seats. Does anyone have an opinion on the seat change? How are the GT2 CF seats? It will not be a DD for me. Thanks.
this car also has front bumper screens and CUP splitter.

Check to see what brand the screens are and how the are installed (holes drilled?)

Also check to see if this car had a roll bar welded to the floor ant any point? (check the carpet and under the carpet where it mounts)

Sweet looking car with nice parts. 82-85k is the money.

Quick Reply: 07 GT3 w/ GT2 Carbon F Seats