Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The plot thickens

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 12:43 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey Rahul:How could a dealer write Guaranteed on the contract while they did not really know what allocations they will be getting ,which is determined not by the dealer but in this case PCNA?
Old 12-05-2009, 12:55 AM
rahul
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by malmasri
Hey Rahul:How could a dealer write Guaranteed on the contract while they did not really know what allocations they will be getting ,which is determined not by the dealer but in this case PCNA?
I have no idea. Perhaps prior experience? Representations, etc...... Regardless, they got 2 that we know of, correct?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Ritesh
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry Bro. I had a feeling it was going to be too good to be true.

So let me get this straight - basically what they are saying is that we can spec. out the march build now(May delivery) but we except you to trade in your RS now? And to add insult to injury they are offering you a low ball offer on your RS!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

the contract never said rahul must trade in the RS now or at any time.
rahul can sell it or keep it.
that has no bearings on the "guaranteed" new car coming!
i dont know. i am getting pretty tired with the effort one must assert to buy a car. and quite frankly RS is not a limited production car. it is mass produced and if i get one, i plan to drive the **** out of it.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:57 AM
99D3C2
Instructor

maybe i am missing some key information on those documents.

it looks like they guaranteed you a car and are saying you can buy the car. what am i missing?
Old 12-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimxyz
This is the type of stuff that makes me hate to go onto a lot - you always feel like you need to keep one hand on your wallet. No matter how smooth things go, they almost always find some way to jerk you around... Why can't I just order my RS (someday) from Costco??
This is the exact same reason I have yet to sit down at a Porsche dealership to talk about buying that elusive Turbo!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:16 PM
rahul
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 99D3C2
maybe i am missing some key information on those documents.

it looks like they guaranteed you a car and are saying you can buy the car. what am i missing?
Is it relevant, in your opinion, that "you can buy the car" being contingent on trading my car now at a value the dealer deems appropriate? Hypothetically, if that number is unsatisfactory, for whatever reason, should the option of proceeding without the trade not be available? I think you see the point.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:49 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 844 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by rahul
Is it relevant, in your opinion, that "you can buy the car" being contingent on trading my car now at a value the dealer deems appropriate? Hypothetically, if that number is unsatisfactory, for whatever reason, should the option of proceeding without the trade not be available? I think you see the point.
Thats amazing that they are trying to pull this. Complete BS - the trade was not part of the contract in the first place - right? They didn take your deposit under the assumption you trade your car in for waaay under mkt (or even trade it in at all). Basically they arent offering it for MSRP by doing this.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:19 PM
rahul
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
Thats amazing that they are trying to pull this. Complete BS - the trade was not part of the contract in the first place - right? They didn take your deposit under the assumption you trade your car in for waaay under mkt (or even trade it in at all). Basically they arent offering it for MSRP by doing this.
That's correct. While they may have taken my deposit under the assumption that i would trade my car in for under market value, you know what they say about assumptions....
Old 12-05-2009, 02:46 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They thought they created a little loophole by not marking the RS up over msrp, taking your car in as a trade at their terrible buy back value, then bam they make over on the RS! It was never even stated what so ever that you would even trade your car in to them, they thought they were swift but will now get a swift kick in the ***!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:57 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Absolutely. Breach of contract, violation of consumer protection statutes such as the Deceptive Trade Practices Act and even fraud.
Well, someone apparently has not done their homework on the customer they just tried to dismiss.

Ooops.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:07 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

So, i get the following email from my dealer:
We have received 2 of our vehicle allocations. Porsche has not released the other vehicle...

I have a March build for a the second vehicle. I can give you this vehicle for MSRP but my GM cant get you retail for your trade. I would have to take the trade in now. Your trade is worth **K...Let me know if you want this build?

My response: I am not interested in trading my vehicle at that number at this time.

The Reply: Good morning. I am sorry for your frustration on this matter. I am in the middle because I am sales and I do not control the factory nor do set the market values on trades.
I do not have the allocation for the vehicle at this time. At this point we not recieved all the allocations we thought we would be allocated.

We have refunded your deposit in the meantime until I can try to get you a vehicle.

I again am sorry for the inconvenience...

And how did this all begin:

How will it end: Texas law will decide.
They picked on the wrong guy Sorry to hear it Rahul. Keep your current RS anyways and do what you did with that in a year or so
Old 12-05-2009, 05:33 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

The two deals should have been independent. The Trade and the Sale. I have never negotiated the two at the same time since I was 30
Old 12-05-2009, 08:12 PM
99D3C2
Instructor

Again...perhaps I missed it, but nowhere on the documents you posted did I see where this deal was dependent upon you making a trade at all. As such, it appears that you would be free to buy the car or not. Obviously, getting a good number for your trade or being able to sell it for a good amount would more easily facilitate the purchase of the new car and trading it in now while still having to wait for the RS would be a bummer, it appears, based on the attached pictures, that if you wanted to buy the RS you could....at MSRP.

Please accept my apologies if somewhere on those documents I missed the part about you having to trade your car in for this contract to be executed by the dealer.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:28 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you sue them big time. I am not a lawyer but I would see if there are punitive damages too.
Emotionally you were probably looking forward to this and they dashed those hopes also.
This was a regular practice last time with the RS and if you can make it a landmark case somehow you will help Porsche buyers all over the US.
This just makes me sick on how the dealers screw over the most loyal Porsche buyers their are.

Quick Reply: The plot thickens