Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The plot thickens

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:39 PM
rahul
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99D3C2
Again...perhaps I missed it, but nowhere on the documents you posted did I see where this deal was dependent upon you making a trade at all. As such, it appears that you would be free to buy the car or not. Obviously, getting a good number for your trade or being able to sell it for a good amount would more easily facilitate the purchase of the new car and trading it in now while still having to wait for the RS would be a bummer, it appears, based on the attached pictures, that if you wanted to buy the RS you could....at MSRP.

Please accept my apologies if somewhere on those documents I missed the part about you having to trade your car in for this contract to be executed by the dealer.
No, please accept my apologies. I am so sorry if my response came across as curt. That was not my intention. I consider all of you friends. Again, i am sorry. You are correct, the documents do not reflect that the deal is dependent on the trade. The dealer is aware that i have an RS that i will no longer require because of the 2010, and thus the ensuing dialogue regarding the same. In fact the year,make and model of my current car is referenced on the documents in question but without specification as to price, mileage etc.. Yet, nowhere therein is there any commitment to trade my car muchless at an arbitrary number assigned thereto by the dealer, to consummate the purchase of the 2010. Can any of you envision a situation wherein you would give the dealer carte blanche to assign a value to your trade at an undetermined time in the future? Precisely!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:46 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Rahul tell us what RS you have and tell us the embarrassing price they offered you. I wouldnt doubt it was 80k or less.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:51 PM
rahul
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I hope you sue them big time. I am not a lawyer but I would see if there are punitive damages too.
Emotionally you were probably looking forward to this and they dashed those hopes also.
This was a regular practice last time with the RS and if you can make it a landmark case somehow you will help Porsche buyers all over the US.
This just makes me sick on how the dealers screw over the most loyal Porsche buyers their are.
Rest assured, i will. I believe this conduct amounts to fraud and as such, punitive damages will be sought. Further, a knowing or intentional violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act allows for treble damages as well as those for mental anguish. Frankly, this is taken the fun out of owning such a iconic car and revering a brand since my early childhood.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:08 PM
rahul
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=OldGuy;7122023]Rahul tell us what RS you have and tell us the embarrassing price they offered you. I wouldnt doubt it was 80k or less.[/QUOTE

07 Orange. 3500 odd miles. PCCB, orange bits, factory roll cage, full leather, carbon door sills, Sharwerks ECU flash and bypass. As to the pricing, i would rather not comment at this time. I think you understand. I will tell you, since August, I have been tracking the market for vehicles such as mine and i felt that the trade offer was not reasonable. Again, it's not relevant. If i don't like the offer, i should have the right to write a check, no?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:10 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Rahul I would definitely look into punitive. Sometimes and I am not a lawyer but I have slept at the Holiday Inn Express, punitive damages dwarf the primary award. I KNOW how bad some people want ANY Porsche. Sometimes it takes a lifetime to get one. So that should be part of your case.

I still think you are going to lead the way in protecting USA buyers. From what I know about Europe from Ferraris this almost never happens in the ROW. This GOUGING only happens in the USA.

I am guessing your RS with those options and milage is worth around $120K++? and the offer was below $90K
Old 12-05-2009, 09:16 PM
rahul
Rennlist Member

Wink

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Rahul I would definitely look into punitive. Sometimes and I am not a lawyer but I have slept at the Holiday Inn Express, punitive damages dwarf the primary award. I KNOW how bad some people want ANY Porsche. Sometimes it takes a lifetime to get one. So that should be part of your case.

I still think you are going to lead the way in protecting USA buyers. From what I know about Europe from Ferraris this almost never happens in the ROW. This GOUGING only happens in the USA.

I am guessing your RS with those options and milage is worth around $120K++? and the offer was below $90K
You are very astute my friend..... Seriously, no one should be treated this way. We have rules, we make commitments, we make deals, we have our word. All of this means something. Profit cannot be had at the price of integrity. Sometimes you win and sometimes you loose but please, play fair.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:17 PM
99D3C2
Instructor

If their contention is that you must trade your car at the arbitrary price assignment in order to "be able" to purchase a 2010 RS at MSRP then obviously they are trying to play you so they can get their lost additional profit they could be making by marking up your 2010 RS by taking your old RS in on trade for much less than market value. That is, excuse me, bull****.

Again I didnt see that in the documents you posted and perhaps there is a backstory I am unaware of that you may have posted elsewhere. By all means, if they are now not offering you the opportunity to purchase the 2010 RS outright even with the documents you have then I fully agree with you that you should sue their pants off. I hope you win and dont settle and I hope you post the name of the dealer, the details related to their "offer" and the outcome here. As others have said, perhaps this would help put a stop to dealers raping their customers for a short term gain at the expense of a long term relationship. One would think PCNA would frown on this because at some point the "at the expense of the relationship" could be at the expense of the relationship with Porsche altogether. I would imagine that if our dollars went to another brand they would wish they hadnt behaved in this manner. While Porsche's products are nice, they are just consumable goods. Many other brands offer products with similar heritage and similar performance at similar price points.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 AM
jw97C2S
Racer

It sounds like rahul is basing his conclusion on this:
"The Reply: Good morning. I am sorry for your frustration on this matter. I am in the middle because I am sales and I do not control the factory nor do set the market values on trades.
I do not have the allocation for the vehicle at this time. At this point we not recieved all the allocations we thought we would be allocated."

I'd expect one letter from rahul will change their mind.

We have refunded your deposit in the meantime until I can try to get you a vehicle.
Originally Posted by 99D3C2
If their contention is that you must trade your car at the arbitrary price assignment in order to "be able" to purchase a 2010 RS at MSRP then obviously they are trying to play you so they can get their lost additional profit they could be making by marking up your 2010 RS by taking your old RS in on trade for much less than market value. That is, excuse me, bull****.

Again I didnt see that in the documents you posted and perhaps there is a backstory I am unaware of that you may have posted elsewhere. By all means, if they are now not offering you the opportunity to purchase the 2010 RS outright even with the documents you have then I fully agree with you that you should sue their pants off. I hope you win and dont settle and I hope you post the name of the dealer, the details related to their "offer" and the outcome here. As others have said, perhaps this would help put a stop to dealers raping their customers for a short term gain at the expense of a long term relationship. One would think PCNA would frown on this because at some point the "at the expense of the relationship" could be at the expense of the relationship with Porsche altogether. I would imagine that if our dollars went to another brand they would wish they hadnt behaved in this manner. While Porsche's products are nice, they are just consumable goods. Many other brands offer products with similar heritage and similar performance at similar price points.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:11 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll say it again, the dealers are the weakest link in the Porsche chain.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:41 AM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Hi Rahul,

Why not write very clear and concise letter with names, dates, and details to Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) and fax it to them? I am sure you will end up with the deal you were supposed to have in the first place. Really in the end you just want your new RS at MSRP and receive fair value for your current RS. And it would be nice to metaphorically toss some "rotten eggs" at the dealer in question.

I did the same earlier this year on a "lesser" incident involving a strangely delayed delivery and had my answer/resolution the next day.

If PCNA have no desire to make customers happy and maintain a fair distribution system, things will begin to fall to pieces.

Best of luck and best regards,
Doug N.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:16 PM
flash1034
Pro

Sorry Rahul, you sound like a decent guy, but GOD I HATE LAWYERS and all their heretofors, and thereins. We'd be so much better off if attorneys became miraculously extinct. Just my 2 cents. And, BTW, your dealer sounds like a Sheister.

Flash
Old 12-06-2009, 01:49 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I would like to point out that the salesguys DO get caught in the middle by their owners. The owners can make decisions and NOT have to face the customer. I have met LOTS of sales guys on Rennlist and most of them are good guys. Some of them are only doing it because they LOVE it. I know of one guy here who doesnt have to work but loves working with Porsche.
Rahuls situation sucks and it reminds me of a New York dealer going onto 6 speed and VERY PROUDLY offering a RS at 100K OVER MSRP.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:18 PM
BuzzedHornet
Track Day

I am new here on Rinnlist and new to Porsche. I am currently doing my due diligence on a purchase on a 997.1 GT3 or god willing RS. I have been following all these stories about you guys buying 997.2 RS's and find it unbelievable that Porsche would treat their customer base this way. The typical new Porsche buyer is professional, educated and has a few $ to burn on a new car purchase that will depreciate x$'s until they release a newer model that many of those same buyers will step up to trade in and buy. What would happen if they didn't have a product that we all love so much? But here I am still lusting for a 997.1 and I still want to buy. This goes against everything I stand for when I support a company.

Best of luck to you on resolving this situation.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:57 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hornet you wouldnt believe the garbage that went with the 997.1 GT3s and RS's
Old 12-06-2009, 03:17 PM
rahul
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flash1034
Sorry Rahul, you sound like a decent guy, but GOD I HATE LAWYERS and all their heretofors, and thereins. We'd be so much better off if attorneys became miraculously extinct. Just my 2 cents. And, BTW, your dealer sounds like a Sheister.

Flash
To each his own. Let me ask you this though; In a world extinct of lawyers and failing a resolution between the parties, what do you do? OK Corral? I don't have to defend my profession. There is much nobility in being David, yet these type of comments seem to perplex me...... BTW, you seem like a decent chap yourself

Quick Reply: The plot thickens