Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3 available

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,896 Likes on 976 Posts
Default 2010 GT3 available

This car is built and on a boat to Boston area dealer. I spec'd this car and then swapped into an RS. No vested interest. Just trying to help a dealer that was good to me. It can be had below MSRP. PM if you're interested.

Carrara White
PCCBs
Full Leather
Sport Buckets (P03)
Dynamic Engine Mounts
PCM
Sound Pkg Plus
Bluetooth
USB
Old 12-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

FYI for anyone interested this car just hit the showroom yestrday. Going to take a look today.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:37 AM
scosurf
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 58 Posts

Pm sent thanks
Old 12-12-2009, 10:37 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scosurf
Pm sent thanks
Hey, welcome to the forum. How about some pics of that turbo beauty.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have http://ira.porschedealer.com/2010/Po...35107/info.php available, it is currently on the boat, should be here late this month. PM if interested.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2009, 02:28 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,813 Likes on 2,382 Posts

^ thanx for the notice.

who does the ordering at IRA porsche? if this was ordered by customer then i understand. if it's ordered by the dealership, it is EXTREMELY poorly spec'd. i would have it spec and sold before it hit the showroom floor.

not directed at you alfie, but my dealer does the same poor ordering.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:14 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This will sell. Nice spec.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:26 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by texasviany
This will sell. Nice spec.
The 60 pounds of electric seat motors in a GT3 really, sincerely puzzle me. But, it's still more GT3 than I have... yet.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
This car is built and on a boat to Boston area dealer. I spec'd this car and then swapped into an RS. No vested interest. Just trying to help a dealer that was good to me. It can be had below MSRP. PM if you're interested.

Carrara White
PCCBs
Full Leather
Sport Buckets (P03)
Dynamic Engine Mounts
PCM
Sound Pkg Plus
Bluetooth
USB

Okay. So went to check out the car. Big mistake as it was torture. Car is stunning and just makes the wait for the RS all the more difficult.

Did get to sit in the new sport seats (P03) and pleased to report that seating position for me is perfect. The standard seats without electric adjust don't work for me because I can't get the angle required in the base to provide adequate thigh support. I'd also sat in the CGT seats in the past and really liked the upright position and support they provide. The sport seats hit all these issues spot-on. Nice and tight, plenty of thigh support, and nice upright driving position.

BTW, the full leather interior with the extra alcantara is killer.

A few not so great pics:
Attached Images     
Old 12-12-2009, 04:33 PM
911dev
Drifting

^^^ car is gorgeous and of course beautifully specced!

I don't understand why the Ira car wouldn't have DE mounts (available when ordered) and why it would have SC.

Power and heat can be very useful on a frequently used car in the northeast. I might have specced the sport buckets had I had the chance to sit in them first. Some seat cushion (bottom and back) was an important consideration for me as I've had a recent cervical fusion. Hopefully, the standard GT3 seats will be fine as I skipped the power part.

Nizer, why PCM?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911dev
^^^ car is gorgeous and of course beautifully specced!

I don't understand why the Ira car wouldn't have DE mounts (available when ordered) and why it would have SC.

Power and heat can be very useful on a frequently used car in the northeast. I might have specced the sport buckets had I had the chance to sit in them first. Some seat cushion (bottom and back) was an important consideration for me as I've had a recent cervical fusion. Hopefully, the standard GT3 seats will be fine as I skipped the power part.

Nizer, why PCM?
So on the seats, I'd sat in CGT seats in the past and really liked the fit. I'm tall and slim which means standard seats in most cars tend to run too wide for good lateral support and I need a lot of angle in the seat bottom to get good thigh support. The standard seats don't work on the latter issue unless you get the Adaptive option. Heat is nice to have in the NE no question but I actually don't notice the initial cold shot as much with the alcantara like I do with standard leather, and for me it was an easy trade-off to get the fit I preferred.

On PCM, nav came standard in my 535i and just find that I use it a lot more than I would've expected. I take a lot of long trips and it's fun to play with. I'm also more inclined to venture off and explore side roads. In the Porsche it integrates all the other electronics and adds virtually no weight. Really, to each his own on this.

Last edited by Nizer; 12-12-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:42 PM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nizer
So on the seats, I'd sat in CGT seats in the past and really liked the fit. I'm tall and slim which means standard seats in most cars tend to run too wide for good lateral support and I need a lot of angle in the seat bottom to get good thigh support. The standard seats don't work on the latter issue unless you get the Adaptive option. Heat is nice to have in the NE no question but I actually don't notice the initial cold shot as much with the alcantara like I do with standard leather, and for me it was an easy trade-off to get the fit I preferred.

On PCM, nav came standard in my 535i and just I find that I use it a lot more than I would've expected. I take a lot of long trips and find it's fun to play with. I'm also more inclined to venture off and explore side roads. In the Porsche it integrates all the other electronics and adds virtually no weight. Really, to each his own on this.
I'm average height, so hopefully the rake will be okay. I test drove an '07 3 and don't remember the rake being an issue for me. We'll see in a few days.

So, the sport buckets obviously have more rake and thus thigh support than the standard seats?

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 available