Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 05:00 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,631 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I don't believe Mooty is a GT3 buyer, either; sounds like he is trying to get hold of an RS as well. I think many others fall into that category, myself included (if the stars align).
heehee, you got that right. it's RS or cup car..... dream on mooty.

you are correct there will be a lot of available GT3 soon, in fact even now. it's just that these are "wasted" allocations b/c they are not optioned by customers, usually by porsche sales manager who hasn't really "driven" a porsche or by speculators. that just rubs me the wrong way. tons of enthusiasts cannot get the car they want and yet there are cars that are poorly spec'd sitting on the lot....

and i am sure you, track car are similar to me in that if a car has an option that i dont like, no matter how big a discount, even free, i would not take it. i had M5 E39 on order. i didn't know it had gps standard back then. car arrived, i saw the "TV" screen.... OMG. that was it. i turned it down despite 5000 discount on that car (it was the first car they got and it was a hot car then).

if an RS had the cyclops on it..... i would reject it if it was free. i would gouge my eyes out before i get in the car. but that's me. i am insane as you have probably guessed.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 294 Likes on 145 Posts

Couldn't agree more. In my last post I actually typed 'sport chrono' in the list of items I would never consider a car with, but deleted it so as not to offend.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:48 PM
GKS55
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

I am a new poster here and looking into purchasing a GT3. Just from having browsed a lot of dealer inventory I was personally shocked at how many GT3 cars were sitting on lots. I am not surprised at all that Porsche would slow down production! That and the fact they almost went broke and had to have VW come bail them out. I am a bit puzzled as to why you can't find a GT3 you like? I would just walk into a dealer (I see many with 2 in stock!) and downbid for that over-optioned pig, or even downbid the couple of strippers I see. Sooner, rather than later, they will come sell that car to you for very cheap. Why would you even try and spec out a car for full MSRP? Seems crazy to me. Clearly there is a bit of an over-supply right now. Just my 2 cents...
Old 12-11-2009, 03:42 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree that if you're going to spend that kind of $ you might as well get it exactly the way you want it.

BUT if anyone is looking for a relatively low optioned car our local dealer has a nice meteor gray one...

http://roanoke.porschedealer.com/201...12751/info.php

I do know that they deal...
Old 12-11-2009, 04:23 PM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by smlporsche
I agree that if you're going to spend that kind of $ you might as well get it exactly the way you want it.

BUT if anyone is looking for a relatively low optioned car our local dealer has a nice meteor gray one...

http://roanoke.porschedealer.com/201...12751/info.php

I do know that they deal...
nice to see one without all of the crap.

Quick Reply: Bad News