Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Clear Bra

Can anyone reccomend a clear bra installer in Central Florida?
Old 12-01-2009, 09:00 PM
seefouress
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought my RS last year from a guy in Orlando and, before the car was shipped to me, I had Alan Seligman (of Invinca Shield in Orlando) install a fullly wrapped front clear bra. Alan did a nice job for me and I'm still pleased with the result. Should you need Alan's business #, I believe it is 407-927-1900.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:21 PM
box01s
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up AutoSuperShield~BocaRaton

Pepi Feliu
4701 North Dixie Hwy
Boca Raton, FL
561-367-0101

Pepi is a 3M Master Installer with years of experience and hundreds of high end installations. The photos on the wall in the customer waiting room depict numerous installs including Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Bugati, along with many race cars ~ all happy customers.

Navigate the website for more info:

http://www.autosupershield.com/index.php

Pepi is more than an master installer, he's an artist. If you want a clean, seamless installation, Pepi and his skilled apprentice helpers will not disappoint you.

Just finished my new GT3 today with full coverage: front bumper cover, hood wrapped into, headlights and running lights, front fenders wrapped into wheel wells, rocker panels to include rear wheel arches wrapped into into wheel wells (eliminated that yellow tinted stick-on Porsche uses), rear wing, window tint 35% side, 50% rear, clear tear off windshield coverage with 50% sun visor. Includes 5 year 3M warranty. Now ready to track with no worries about debris damage or sandblast erosion to paint and windshield.

You can either drive to his office in Boca or get a group together and he'll come to you.

Overwhelmingly happy customer with no affiliation. Highly recommended.

-

Last edited by box01s; 05-15-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:08 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Box01S, thanks, for the post

When my new car arrives I will wrap all except the rear decklid and add the tear-offs.

I am wondering if I should wrap it in the clear 3M or the stuff that they wrap race cars and race trailers in with printed designs.
Does anyone know if there is there a difference between the 2 kinds in terms of protection? Or is it the same?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Box01S, thanks, for the post

When my new car arrives I will wrap all except the rear decklid and add the tear-offs.

I am wondering if I should wrap it in the clear 3M or the stuff that they wrap race cars and race trailers in with printed designs.
Does anyone know if there is there a difference between the 2 kinds in terms of protection? Or is it the same?
You might check with CJ on the durability of wrapping vs 3m film - he's had his CGT wrapped for a while now. It looked good when I saw it last week but I didn't inspect it closely.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I suspect a lot of the wrapping depends on the quality of the material used and the installation in terms of durability.

My 44' trailer is fully wrapped, but it is square and flat. Race cars look great, but they only need to last 1 seizon if that long. My trailer is 2 years old, stands outside year around, it still looks good.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:56 PM
box01s
Intermediate

Thumbs up Clear "protection" vs "graphic" film wraps

There are other "clear" brands besides 3M. The 3M Scotchguard "protection" film is 6 mil and has a clear coat which can sort of repair itself from nicks and cuts by using rubbing alcohol then Plexus or white carnauba wax. 3M also comes with a 5 year warranty against yellowing and breakdown.

Be sure to check warranty on any other clear protection film you may choose. Others clear films don't have a clear coat and will deteriorate quickly.

The graphic "wrap" films such as 3M Scotchcal and Avery are thinner 2 mil films. According to Pepi, graphic films used on race cars will erode from track sandblasting, whereas the thicker mil clear film, is sometimes used to protect the graphic film and custom paint jobs.

If you want protection against erosion, use the thicker protection film, not the thinner graphic film. On my car, the standard patterns you can find on-line were extended so they wrap around the edges of the hood, into the wheel arches, and inside the doors and across the rocker panels. Any exposed film edge is barely visible inside 5 feet. Otherwise, you cannot see the 3M protection film. Outstanding!

For cruising down the street or advertising, graphic films are fine.

Do some research before you commit. Good luck.

Last edited by box01s; 12-01-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: corrected mm to mil on thickness
Old 12-02-2009, 01:02 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thanks.
I will give them a call or drive by to check on the details and cost as soon as I have time, hopefully tomorrow.

6mil and 2 mil is too thick. Maybe it is 0.6mm and 2.00 mm?? But I get the point.

I wonder if they could do both, the mouth piece, mirrors and winglets a different color, maybe some kind of (Martini?) stripe of the car, than wrap it all in the protection clear wrap.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:46 AM
box01s
Intermediate

Default inches to mil conversion

6mil and 2 mil is too thick. Maybe it is 0.6mm and 2.00 mm??
See pg 2 of 3M Scotchgard Protection Film spec sheet under physical properties ~ thickness of clearcoat & urethane film = 0.0060 inch

http://instylegraphics.com/clearauto...scotchgard.pdf

Convert 0.0060 inches to mils = 6 mils

Conversion table inches to mils here:

http://www.convertunits.com/from/MILS/to/INCHES

-
Old 12-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Erik
Burning Brakes

I've heard Pepi's name before, what does he charge for a full wrap ?. I did the RS in 2007 with a 85% wrap by Autobahnd also out of Boca. They came to the house, it took the guy about 1.5 days (I had already removed the headlights and turn signal so that he could wrap the edges). Total cost was about $2100 if I remember correctly. My bra is definitely pretty beaten up by now, but I hope the car still looks new underneath. I'm thinking of pulling it off and redoing it.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:20 PM
box01s
Intermediate

Default Clear wrap cost

Originally Posted by Erik
I've heard Pepi's name before, what does he charge for a full wrap ?. I did the RS in 2007 with a 85% wrap by Autobahnd also out of Boca. They came to the house, it took the guy about 1.5 days (I had already removed the headlights and turn signal so that he could wrap the edges). Total cost was about $2100 if I remember correctly. My bra is definitely pretty beaten up by now, but I hope the car still looks new underneath. I'm thinking of pulling it off and redoing it.
That number is in the ballpark. Window film, windshield tear-off, and double-wrapped wheel arches added to the overall protection wrap, made my installation slightly higher. Custom wing coverage was also added, but I didn't do the doors or aft-end of the car.

You can get an estimate by using the online catalog ~ pattern search:

http://catalog.autosupershield.com/p.../search#prokit

The patterns are extended for full wrap, then trimmed, as specified by owner.

Pepi and his two apprentices can knock out a full wrap in one day. Best to call him for an accurate estimate, then set-up an appointment about a week in advance.

Photos reveal the expert installation which makes the clear bra worthwhile.

Last edited by box01s; 05-15-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I've also seen Pepi's work. Top notch. I'll be trailering my next car to him for bra and tint.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update to this thread:

His name is Dave Duncan and his store is:

Invisible Car Bras (XPEL & 3M dealer)
14798 Burntwood Cir
Orlando, FL 32826
(407) 275-0558

Quick Reply: Clear Bra