Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

thicker streeing wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:40 AM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Larry, looking at the Suncoast link again, are you sure this is the "thicker" version? I believe some other models i.e. 2011 Cayman come with the black center frame but not the thicker alcantara wheel. Not sure if that is important to you but worth verifying, if it is. I know the (CLA) RS wheel is thicker and probably more expensive than the regular (Cayman) wheel with the black center. Not sure if you are only interested in the black center frame or if you really want a "thicker" wheel with a black frame.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

You know what they say about small hands.....
Old 07-22-2010, 09:02 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,630 Likes on 757 Posts

The ticker wheel is really not tha tmuch thicker.

Too bad they did not make the airvents and the little stipe around the shifter not black like the rest..
Mine:
Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMS
Larry, looking at the Suncoast link again, are you sure this is the "thicker" version? I believe some other models i.e. 2011 Cayman come with the black center frame but not the thicker alcantara wheel. Not sure if that is important to you but worth verifying, if it is. I know the (CLA) RS wheel is thicker and probably more expensive than the regular (Cayman) wheel with the black center. Not sure if you are only interested in the black center frame or if you really want a "thicker" wheel with a black frame.
I'm not sure, but Jim Chambers (in Germany) managed to extract a p/n for the "thicker" CLA option wheel ... this is the same p/n as the one that Suncoast lists ...

without actually having a copy of PET to check this, this is about as sure as I can get ...

I really want the thicker wheel option CLA for the GT3 & RS ...

Last edited by Larry Cable; 07-22-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply: thicker streeing wheel