Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Vibration at 2800rpm...normal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 01:57 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car has a resonance at 3,000rpm that vibrates the door panels and anything loose in the car (ie, put some keys on the passenger seat and they'll vibrate at 3,000rpm). The head engineer for the GT3 (Andreas Preuninger) spoke to this very resonance in the video with Chris Harris and the benefits of the Dynamic Engine Mounts.

I still haven't heard from anyone with the DEM's to verify if it softens up at that point to get rid of the resonance. The solution to this, of course, is to never let the revs drop below 4,000rpm in the first place Bottom line for the OP, there is nothing wrong with your car, it's normal, good luck and enjoy this fine machine.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:16 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't noticed this problem and I have the DEMs.

To cover the other two variables - I do have full leather and did not follow the "recommended" breakin process. ;-)

I did have a fairly high pitched vibration on my way out to the track last weekend but it disappeared after a minute or two so could have been the road or something else. Generally though I've been vibration free - my keys haven't even rattled yet!

Last edited by bob_dallas; 11-27-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by fc-racer
... The solution to this, of course, is to never let the revs drop below 4,000rpm in the first place Bottom line for the OP, there is nothing wrong with your car, it's normal, good luck and enjoy this fine machine.
Thanks fc-racer. Am taking your advice and noticing nothing but a huge smile on my face!

Quick Reply: Vibration at 2800rpm...normal?