Need Advice on RS drama

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,798 Likes on 2,375 Posts

Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
I'd say try to be patient. Perhaps establish a relationship with another Porsche dealer and have them be more proactve in finding you an RS -- you'd still need to exercise patience, but finding a great Porsche dealer to help you is probably your best bet. Try Porsche of North Olmsted -- give Chad L. a shout.

Alternatively if patience is not an option (since your garage is dying a swift and painful death without a P-car ) try a car broker. You'll pay for their service, but they may be able to pull some strings as well. Give Kevin a shout at Cats Exotics.

Do you have to have the 2010? There are fair deals on 07 RS's.

Sorry about the crappy service you got from your dealer. Unfortunately, this is more of the norm from what I've experiened directly and indirectly.
with all due respect, i have been doing this a long time.
no dealer will FIND you a RS from another dealer.
what dealer would give up an RS???
you can make a premium on RS or you can make good will on RS, why would the dealer give one up?

OP's car got sold to the highest bidder.

develop a "relationshiP" with your dealer..... hum..... have you seen MY thread yet?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:54 PM
MartyB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A dealer's "loyalty" and a buyer's willingness to pay too much are directly proportional. Ask for a fair price on a somewhat limited production car and you are no longer important - plain and simple. I will never regret or apologize for giving my business to the dealer who offers the lowest price. I bought my car out of state because my local dealers would not compete on price, but they provide excellent service when necessary, which is expected, and that is all I need. It really is sad to see people writing checks for too much $ time and again with the hope that they will somehow be remembered later on.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:43 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

The RS allocations and orders rest solely with the Regional manager (I am told)..so when a dealer tells you that they were and now they won't be getting a 2nd one that translates into we will but you will not be getting one. So what you need to do is find out who your Regional manager is and contact him,perhaps thru another dealership....If he confirms that in fact your dealer is getting 2 cars then you have the answer... PCNA does not allow over MSPR sales..it is the dealers skarky instinct that is in overdrive now.
Good luck...oh and remember to laugh in his face when he tells you that we will try to get one from another dealer...that is not possible at all as the allocations are in the hands of the RM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:18 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by texasviany
I was told that its only going to be 200 cars. So I am SOL. Christ, can I even get a GT3 built this late? I have always had a Porsche in the garage! Should I ask the dealer for anything.
Yes. They need to get you an RS at MSRP. Whether they have to pay a premium from another dealer or not is their problem, not yours. They hurt you by wasting time you could've been using to find an RS from another dealer.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:44 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

PM Rahul AND call PCNA. In FACT ALL of you getting screwed over should call PCNA and get as high up as you can a let these guys know about this shenanigans. We all expect our Porsche guys to be above this but a hot car comes out and they will screw you faster than a horny hamster with a harem. And then all the lying is what I cant get over.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I swear if you didnt know better you would think all these guys are Democraps.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Old Guy - you got a problem with some of us Rennlisters being Democrats?? Kind of sucks to have to throw in some offensive political comments in a Porsche forum.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:31 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I started with a conversation with the owner of the dealership today. He owns a whole auto group and was not aware of what was going on. We had a good conversation and he offered to help out by contacting the area manager.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:50 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Porscheholic
Hey Old Guy - you got a problem with some of us Rennlisters being Democrats?? Kind of sucks to have to throw in some offensive political comments in a Porsche forum.
I think that was "tongue in cheek" cranky. Old Guy in name only -- he's not sitting on his front porsche with a 12 gauge in his lap, checking on t'backee with his dog "boomer" asleep at his feet. : )
Old 11-10-2009, 03:05 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Porscheholic you and I have been friends for a long while and I am sorry if I offended you.
It just seems to me like anytime a liberals mouth moves its a lie. Like in the New York 23. The
guy gets elected and breaks 4 campaign promises in one hour.
But like Adam said it was tongue in cheek. I am SWINGING on my front porsche I have a Glock
on my hip, I dip snuff and my dog is a chihauhau named peanut!!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:44 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Porscheholic you and I have been friends for a long while and I am sorry if I offended you.
It just seems to me like anytime a liberals mouth moves its a lie. Like in the New York 23. The
guy gets elected and breaks 4 campaign promises in one hour.
But like Adam said it was tongue in cheek. I am SWINGING on my front porsche I have a Glock
on my hip, I dip snuff and my dog is a chihauhau named peanut!!
Well, that three day course on conflict resolution was a total waste of time.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:55 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Had a similar issue on an 07 gt3 build, stack reshuffled. Never again
Old 11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 20 Posts

+1
Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,798 Likes on 2,375 Posts

u ppl follow politic?
donkey and elephant belongs in the new.
republican and democrats.... can i vote for communist too?
i dont seem to recall who's the president as dwight....
Old 11-10-2009, 07:01 PM
RS 197
Pro

Offensive.... Sounds good to me... Not to be to Political...

Kool Aide anyone.....

Quick Reply: Need Advice on RS drama