General Question - Interplay of PPI and CPO

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:46 PM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default General Question - Interplay of PPI and CPO

Gents,

To this point I have never even considered purchasing a P-car with a CPO warranty (i.e. they've all been older cars). I've purchased a BMW with one, but did not PPI that car. Obviously with my older P-cars, a PPI was simply standard operating procedure.

Do people tend to PPI CPO cars? Any wisdom to impart?

Thanks in advance.

Greg
Old 10-28-2009, 10:38 AM
BGA23
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I've never had a CPO'd car either but when I had the Porsche dealer do a PPI on my old car they actually used the CPO checklist for the inspection. So my guess is doing a PPI on a CPO'd car is redundant.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:39 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my 08 RS used from a Porsche dealer and asked them to cpo it. They did ppi as part of the cpo process.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Re: Pre Purchase Inspection on CPO car. Well, it all depends. If the car has JUST been CPO'd by a Porsche dealer (they only CPO cars that are sold via them), then it got a very comprehensive PPI in the process, perhaps more complete than most can get anywhere else since it determines whether it gets the extended warranty that PCNA is signing up for those two additional years and extra 50K miles for the $2K cost. You are then 'Golden'. But there are Porsches in the used market today that were CPO'd months ago (or even year +) and still have remaining time & mileage left in their extended warranty which is transferable to the new owner (you). I would certainly PPI this type of used Porsche just in case the new owner (after it was CPO'd) has done some over-revs (Stage 1 & 2) or is suffering from RMS issues, not to mention accidents, body work or paint damage. My dos centavos. z356
Old 10-28-2009, 03:19 PM
LeonardoC2S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are concerned about RMS leak, then I would highly recommend CPO on a used Pcar. Of course, if there are any modifications, I've heard of dealers not fulfilling on CPO warranty to fix such problems.

Quick Reply: General Question - Interplay of PPI and CPO