Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

C4S 18" rims with Snow Tires - Will they fit on the RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts
Default C4S 18" rims with Snow Tires - Will they fit on the RS

My Targa 4S is off in warmer climes with my father and winter is nearing in Chicago. He doesn't need snow tires, but I do. Will my 18" rims with snow tires fit on my RS?

I want to drive my RS as much as I can this winter. Won't drive in the heavy snow storms I did last year, but also don't want to be afraid of a light dusting in the Sport Cups. If the old snow tires fit, seems like a no brainer to put them on.

Also, in this thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...9947-snow.html), 997gt3north says "there is no rust protection on the car..." Is this true, and does that mean I should really restrict my winter driving in the RS?

All thoughts or comments are appreciated.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:00 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

keep your RS parked all winter ........ away from the salt............ salt kills.......
Old 10-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 231 Posts

If the 18" winter set was for the T4S, it should fit on the RS assuming you do NOT have PCCB. I don't think most 18" rims will clear the ceramics.
As for driving it in the winter,....hmmm, that's a tough one. I have driven my C4S and TT in the snow and they have been my DD in the Northeast with no problems. An RS is arguably my favorite p-car and I'm not sure I would do the winter thing in it. That being said, I really don't think it would hurt the car as long as you periodically wash all the salt and crap off it.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
should fit on the RS assuming you do NOT have PCCB. I don't think most 18" rims will clear the ceramics.
Good point. I should have mentioned that I do not have ceramic brakes.

Thanks for the feedback. I will play it by ear on the winter driving. Not sure I want to go the whole winter without driving it after driving the Targa all last winter.

Quick Reply: C4S 18" rims with Snow Tires - Will they fit on the RS