Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Got a box from Porsche Panamera coloring book??!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009 | 09:24 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Got a box from Porsche Panamera coloring book??!!

Did you guys get one?
I got a paper ream size box with a basically a modeling coloring book.
Old 10-14-2009 | 09:47 AM
mdrums
Race Director

You are getting older and Porsche feels you are reverting back to your childhood so you got a coloring book.

I got a Panamera book with a Key-fob looking thumbdrive. I threw the book in the trash and my wife took the thumbdrive.
Old 10-14-2009 | 10:22 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Saw Panamera getting prepped for intro at the dealer last night. Better looking in the flesh as reports have indicated. Too bad VW is going to kill it after one cycle - don't see many stepping up to buy one without LT support.
Old 10-14-2009 | 10:53 AM
sws1
Pro

I too happened to see 2 panameras getting unloaded at my dealer yesterday. I can also attest it looks better in person. I actually thought it was kinda sexy.
Old 10-14-2009 | 11:30 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

"kinda sexy"....
Old 10-14-2009 | 11:46 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bill_C4S
"kinda sexy"....
That's like kinda pregnant.

An ungainly looking car. Kind of like Hillary Swank, looks good at some angles.
Old 10-15-2009 | 09:28 AM
mikegee
Rennlist Member

i disagree. i think it looks great for a "luxury car". i like my GT3 lots better. I don't think that this will be a big seller in the US. In our area, Mercedes is still considered to be the Luxury car ( what a laugh)
Old 10-15-2009 | 09:46 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
That's like kinda pregnant.

An ungainly looking car. Kind of like Hillary Swank, looks good at some angles.
I didn't think much of it in the photos either but I gotta tell ya it looks much better in person. Compared to other luxury sports sedans it much more aggressive, the interior is really strong especially for anyone with a sports car bent, and it's going to kill the other lux-o-barges on the road.

If I were in the market for DD/luxury car it would be right up there on the list, except that... VW has made it clear they won't support the line. Utter stupidity. You really gotta feel bad for Porsche dealers. First Porsche releases the GT3 heading into winter and just before the 998 gets announced and now VW cuts off the Panamera at the knees.
Old 10-15-2009 | 02:08 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
I didn't think much of it in the photos either but I gotta tell ya it looks much better in person. Compared to other luxury sports sedans it much more aggressive, the interior is really strong especially for anyone with a sports car bent, and it's going to kill the other lux-o-barges on the road.

If I were in the market for DD/luxury car it would be right up there on the list, except that... VW has made it clear they won't support the line. Utter stupidity. You really gotta feel bad for Porsche dealers. First Porsche releases the GT3 heading into winter and just before the 998 gets announced and now VW cuts off the Panamera at the knees.
That rumor is strictly that--a rumor. VW won't change the way Porsche is running their company because it's been so successful for so long. The Panamera will be quite popular--my prediction. Saw my first in the flesh yesterday. It is well thought out. (It is project No, 970. The next generation 911 will be the 991).
Attached Images  
Old 10-16-2009 | 08:07 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Edgy01
That rumor is strictly that--a rumor. VW won't change the way Porsche is running their company because it's been so successful for so long.
Let's hope that's true.

The other issue with the Panamera is tranny choice. Lack of manual is a non-starter for me. Likely another example of PCNA thinking they know their customer when they don't.

At the very least they could get the PDK paddles sorted like they've done for the new Turbo:
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Got a box from Porsche Panamera coloring book??!!