Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C Mod BMW
Old 10-12-2009, 11:49 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,764 Likes on 2,361 Posts

^ nice!
big wallet class and very very fast cars!
congrats, you will have a BIG smile on ur face.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:56 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

most of my cars are on track.
i would take off all track parts, and sell the car stock while disclosoing it was used on track.
most ppl when buying the car with all the nice parts on the car will pay you 25-35% on the parts. i sold enough cars i am telling you this is an accurate figure. if they paid more than that. they need brain surgery. if you took off the parts, you can get 50-60% of the retail value of those parts. i dont understand WHY that 's the case, but it just is.

your car though tracked, it has low miles. i would say in a private sale, it's low $80k (stock) or so. i discount the cost of PCCB b/c it's a very expensive option and it really distorts used retail price.

all the rest of the parts, i would shoot for 60% of msrp. i think that's fair for both buyer and seller.

when i sell my cars with all the goodies on them, the buyers will not pay me much for the parts. so i remove them.
then a few months later, the same buyer will ask if i still have the parts. sometimes i do. then they will pay a lot more for them then when they were on the car. this is pretty common (why i dont know) from very wealthy buyers as well as from ppl who barely put together a loan to buy my car. it also happens for buyers whom i never met as well as buyers whom i have know for years and are good friends with. it's just weird human psychology, i kid you not.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:37 AM
JR944
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree with Mooty's pricing, but don't think that takes into account the cost of paying a shop to remove modifications and re-install stock parts. I suspect that will eat up the difference between the 25-35% and 50-60% value on your parts.

Just my thought, but I'd at least try to save that hassle by coming up with a very fair price and offering it up as-is for sale here and on the PCA web site.

I also agree that a larger percentage of GT3 owners ARE interested in tracking their cars than owners of less track-capable P-cars.

Joe
Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JR944
I agree with Mooty's pricing, but don't think that takes into account the cost of paying a shop to remove modifications and re-install stock parts. I suspect that will eat up the difference between the 25-35% and 50-60% value on your parts.

Joe
u are absolutely correct.
you got to eat it somewhere, so i dont bother counting the cost of removal. you will stay come out ahead by a tad though.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,631 Likes on 2,357 Posts
Default part it out ...

I have to agree with the advice elsewhere here, unless you find a track
fanatic who wants the car as it is, you will be lucky to get *any* money
back on those modifications ...

take it all off, return it to stock, sell it for 80's and sell the parts on this
forum

I talk from personal experience, I had a 93 RS America with big reds,
ERP suspension parts, bilsteins, LWFW, steel ratios, AFM kit etc etc, probably
dropped about 20+ into it, sold it for it's "stock" value ...

I had a 98 993 C2S, RS suspension, big reds, 3.8L engine kit, LWFW ... dropped
about 40 into that ... sold it for 44k ... essentially "list" for a stock car ....

when I sold my '04 GT3 I took all the extra parts off of it and sold it stock and
got a reasonable stock price for it ... plus the resale on the parts ...

good luck!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,146 Likes on 1,824 Posts

I agree on parting out but take note of Joe's advise. Parting out costs money and is a hassle. You have a well sorted car. I hope you can find a buyer who can see value in paying you low $80's + $0.50 on the dollar for mods. The buyer would be saving ~$15k by the time you factor in labor no?

Also, these cars aren't flying out the door right now. Even if you get less than market + 50% on mods, you might be able to move the car faster. The last car I bought had ~$20k in mods. I paid the premium value of a stock car for it which was a great deal for me but the seller had guys lined up to buy the car and I had to be quick and aggressive. How much is your time worth?
Old 10-13-2009, 06:04 PM
JuanCarpantier
Instructor

Could you post more pics including the interior please?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:05 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Just as an actual price point, there was an 07 GT3 listed in Rlist classified which was used like yours on the track only. Had 13k miles, full cage, cf hood, header, exhaust, wing, etc... listed for $65k. No longer there so assumed it sold. Emailed VIPERBOB about it, but the full cage made it unstreetable and I was looking for another dual use car. I believe it was owned by GT3CAR.

Pics of car during part of it's build
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...more-pics.html
Old 10-13-2009, 08:42 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You should have traded the GT3 and some cash for the racecar. Then you wouldn't have this problem
Old 10-13-2009, 09:54 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DogInBlack
You should have traded the GT3 and some cash for the racecar. Then you wouldn't have this problem
He'll never go for it... He passed on my offer on a straight up trade for my 1 week old son.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 PM
zmann
Instructor

007DT: I'd take the youngster, but at this point I can't tell if he is going to have your gene pool or the wife's. I'm afraid it might be the former .

DogInBlack: I think a deal could have been made if the seller could have afforded a paved driveway .

JuanCarpantier: I am on the road, but will post pics when I get back. Do you want to see it as is or when the original seats were in it?

Mooty: I know it is a more expensive class, but I just couldn't convince myself to go backwards on speed after having the 3. The new car on slicks clips around more or less at the same pace as my 3 on R6s.

As to all of the other comments, I'm willing to sell it as is for a discount, but am unwilling to sell it at "stock car" pricing with over $30K of improvements. Any issue with trying to sell it as is before going the returning it to original route?
Old 10-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 147 Posts

I think you would be lucky to get $80k for it in street trim. $80-85k is where a 7k mile car would be if they were street miles. While I'm sure it has been well maintained, with track miles I would bet the paint, undercarriage, glass, and interior show wear beyond that of a typical $80-85k 7k mile car.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:19 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

[QUOTE

As to all of the other comments, I'm willing to sell it as is for a discount, but am unwilling to sell it at "stock car" pricing with over $30K of improvements. Any issue with trying to sell it as is before going the returning it to original route?[/QUOTE]

If you sell it bone stock with roll bar, you will fetch $80k for the car and probably $8k for the parts seperated out.

If you sell it as a package, you will probably get $85k.

By selling it stock vs package deal,you stand to Net 3k more for your time and effort.

I reccommend listing it as "stock" online but let interested buyers know of your exta goodies that you have also listed seperately for sale, and then work a seperate deal with buyer if he/she wants some of the the extra upgrade parts before they are sold seperately to other interested parties..... they may only want a few of the items anyhow. So you will still have to sell of some parts after the sale...

This way, you dont have to strip all the parts off. But you are advertzing it as such.

If you advertize it with all the extras, you will only get you pants pulled down on the price in the end.

Just besure to tell callers that you have the "track pack" if they want it.

trust me, the type of buyer you will get will be based on the roll bar in the ad. They will probably want to buy some of the bits like suspension and exhaust... maybe track wheels too.....

Quick Reply: Going to sell my GT3 - Need help pricing it