Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3 1st drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Giantviper
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2010 GT3 1st drive

My Dad picked up his new 2010 GT3 on Thursday. And this morning he let me drive it for the 1st time. He was describing it to me as scary fast!!!

I have to say WOW!!! It was like nirvana. That car is the fastest thing I have ever been in let a lone driven in my life. I knew it was going to be very fast but I could not have imagined anything like this. First of all just with small amounts of pressure on the accelerator peddle the thing takes off like a rocket. Next the power band feels endless. In every other car I have ever driven there is point in the rev range that you feel the hp drop off, in this car at 7900 rpms the end in power seems to be nowhere in sight. (I cannot see how if someone drove this car as a DD how they would not loose their License) I found my self at over 80 mph in a blink of the eye without even accelerating hard.

Also the steering and brakes are superb. The car feels so tight and solid on the road it is amazing. You think it and the car does it.

Also the engine sound is just great especially in the sport mode, it is much deeper of a sound then his old 3.2 but I still hear hints of the old 3.2 in the sound.

I have also driven the 997 Carrara and Carrera S and let me say that there is no comparison. I feel like one is a sports car and the other is a Super Car.

I will say the ride is a bit bumpy but no too bad at all it is definitely manageable.

I cannot even imagine what the New RS is going to be like with even more HP.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:39 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Great to hear. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:39 AM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But for the rev range, sounds not too far away from my 993 TT.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 1st drive