Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Carrera white paint code?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009 | 06:14 PM
alan t
Instructor

Default Carrera white paint code?

Hey everyone,

I'm painting my 944, and thought I might as well stick with a Porsche color Although most non-3-stage whites look pretty close to me, can somebody get me the paint code from their car? It should be on the VIN sticker.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2009 | 06:29 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

The proper spelling for this color is C A R R A R A White. FYI.
The following users liked this post:
FLPorsche (06-26-2024)
Old 10-01-2009 | 02:19 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

It will be found on the fuel filler lid or on the driver's door these days. Carrara,--as in Carrara ITALY.

The following users liked this post:
FLPorsche (06-26-2024)
Old 10-01-2009 | 04:43 AM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by alan t
Hey everyone,

I'm painting my 944, and thought I might as well stick with a Porsche color Although most non-3-stage whites look pretty close to me, can somebody get me the paint code from their car? It should be on the VIN sticker.

Thanks!

Don't do it! Paint it the other Porsche white from older models which is brighter than Carrara White. It is something like artic white, I forget. But I do remember parking my GT3 next to a 993 in the brighter white color and how much better it looked. Made mine look yellowish and drab in comparison. For this same reason (the yellow tint) it is difficult to color match Carrara White if you ever need to do a repair. I know that white is one of the most difficult colors to match, but I would think that the more pure the white is (less tint needed), the easier it would be to match. Of course a really bright white can also make a car look like an appliance, but on smaller cars (most sports cars) I think it works well. JMO.

Carrara White color code is: B9A
Old 10-01-2009 | 10:02 AM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Don't do it! Paint it the other Porsche white from older models which is brighter than Carrara White. It is something like artic white, I forget. But I do remember parking my GT3 next to a 993 in the brighter white color and how much better it looked. Made mine look yellowish and drab in comparison. For this same reason (the yellow tint) it is difficult to color match Carrara White if you ever need to do a repair. I know that white is one of the most difficult colors to match, but I would think that the more pure the white is (less tint needed), the easier it would be to match. Of course a really bright white can also make a car look like an appliance, but on smaller cars (most sports cars) I think it works well. JMO.

Carrara White color code is: B9A

Glacier White is the color you reference
Was available ~ 1997-2000
It is a VERY white color, with almost a blue tint
Had a 98 Boxster in that color and loved it
Will make any other white (Grand Prix, Biarritz, Carrara) look yellow
Some like it, some dont....I thought it was incredible

WSH
Old 10-01-2009 | 11:30 AM
alan t
Instructor

Perfect, thanks guys! I was looking for the brightest white I could find while sticking with a Porsche paint code. Keeping in mind the ease of color matching in case of body damage is a good idea, thanks. I guess now I need the GLACIER WHITE paint code... maybe I'll side step to the 993 or Boxster forum... unless somebody posts the code here first
Old 10-01-2009 | 12:52 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

3AT or 3AU according to Automotivetouchup.com

Try this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...gallery-3.html

Quick Reply: Carrera white paint code?