Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Toronto 2007 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:18 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
LOL, BUT if you are a lazy sob like me.... who rationalizes it by thinking my time is VERY valuable and best spent doing things I enjoy.... then a CDN car using my car as a trade, is the best value... in my mind!

absolutely. being able to trade in your car for the GT3 is a bonus.

if they give you a good dollar for your trade in, then this could be your way into a GT3 quick and easy
Old 10-09-2009, 12:30 PM
aron in toronto
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
the letter from porsche is free.
1-800-porsche, option#3
they can fax you a copy and mail you an original for your collection.

the title is required at the border 72 hours in advance.

The porsche can have the daytime running lights programmed at the dealer and the guages can convert to kms digitally from the cockpit with a touch of the button.

the only downside with buying in the usa is that lenders tend not to finance the automobile until it is in canada. And you cant do trade-in of your old car.

My RS is from USA. (not many to choose from in canada at the time)
IIRC RIV/Porsche Canada now requires a Canadian P Dealer to inspect cars before they will issue the letter of compliance. For this they are charging $1,200.00 and also require all modifications required for CDN compliance be done by the dealer. Not like the old days of a quick trip to Canadian Tire to get all your forms & inspections.

But this is small change in the grand scope of the overall cost to buy a GT3/RS.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:50 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by aron in toronto
IIRC RIV/Porsche Canada now requires a Canadian P Dealer to inspect cars before they will issue the letter of compliance. For this they are charging $1,200.00 and also require all modifications required for CDN compliance be done by the dealer. Not like the old days of a quick trip to Canadian Tire to get all your forms & inspections.

But this is small change in the grand scope of the overall cost to buy a GT3/RS.
WOW! when i bought my USA RS March 2009 they gave me a letter for free and i was pleased with the complimentary service.

This must be new.

I think porsche had to do something for all the cars comming into canada from usa. the canadian porsche dealers were losing their shirts.

$1200.00 a quite a jump from free. But i think ferrari has been charging $2500.00 for years.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:00 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Well I did it... traded in my topless ride for a 100% stock 07 GT3.
Had a chance at a sweet, well sorted, track ready RS, but I'm just not ready.... yet!!
Took these pics at a rest stop on the 401 on my way home last night from Toronto to Ottawa.
The 350kms (220 miles) drive was a great introduction to my new garage mate.

Now I get to let it hibernate for 6 months!! Damn!!

Attached Images     
Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Congrats, I am trying to convince the wife I need one as well.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
LOL, BUT if you are a lazy sob like me.... who rationalizes it by thinking my time is VERY valuable and best spent doing things I enjoy.... then a CDN car using my car as a trade, is the best value... in my mind!

Gunner...bought my full sized 2008 Range Rover Supercharged in the US in the fall of 2007. In the end it saved me $ 28,000.00 C given the dollar was at $ 1.06 at the time - left me enough to install an Overfinch body kit and wheels. I even changed the mask on the speedometer to Overfinch KM so I wouldn't be distracted reading MPH Anyway, during that period, and not to spread disinformation - I had read that at October 1st 2007 Porsche CDA was not going to be honoring warranties on US Imports ...or some such thing - and needless to say local dealers are not keen to put you in que with service issues. I think the Phaff location in Oakville gets some of their interesting product out of the US which you may wish to explore but for the grief you will suffer as a result to save a few bucks is an exception. I looked at that same GT3 at Downtown...it is beautiful and nicely optioned. Mark Motors has a nice Silver Turbo Coupe 07 (Daniel Alfredson's old car if you are a hockey fan) again nicely optioned.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:58 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Gunner...bought my full sized 2008 Range Rover Supercharged in the US in the fall of 2007. In the end it saved me $ 28,000.00 C given the dollar was at $ 1.06 at the time - left me enough to install an Overfinch body kit and wheels. I even changed the mask on the speedometer to Overfinch KM so I wouldn't be distracted reading MPH Anyway, during that period, and not to spread disinformation - I had read that at October 1st 2007 Porsche CDA was not going to be honoring warranties on US Imports ...or some such thing - and needless to say local dealers are not keen to put you in que with service issues. I think the Phaff location in Oakville gets some of their interesting product out of the US which you may wish to explore but for the grief you will suffer as a result to save a few bucks is an exception. I looked at that same GT3 at Downtown...it is beautiful and nicely optioned. Mark Motors has a nice Silver Turbo Coupe 07 (Daniel Alfredson's old car if you are a hockey fan) again nicely optioned.
I've driven at Calabogie with Daniel a couple years ago when he bought that Turbo. He's a natural talent!!

The Downtown Porsche GT3 is now parked in my garage. Whatever I might have saved going different routes is now water under the bridge.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:24 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Peter. Now you have a track car, before I always thought you were borrowing you're wife's car to come out and play

Isn't there a club day this week-end? I just got an email from Bruce. Maybe you still have a few days left to stretch her legs before winter.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:54 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CWay27
Congrats Peter. Now you have a track car, before I always thought you were borrowing you're wife's car to come out and play

Isn't there a club day this week-end? I just got an email from Bruce. Maybe you still have a few days left to stretch her legs before winter.
LOL...Smart *** Carl!!
Ironically it was my wife's encouragement that caused this....... though it didn't take much!!

Not sure on the club day, however I have it scheduled on Monday for a full vinyl front end treatment. It only came with hood and fenders covered and I want it all covered before it hits the track environment.... I always regretted not having this done on my Cab.

Quick Reply: Toronto 2007 GT3