Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default TechArt Noselift Kit installed on SharkWerks 2007 GT3RS

Hey guys, I thought this was an interesting upgrade that many would be interested in. My biggest struggle with driving the RS and other GT3s is probably shared by many others: the car sits low enough that entering/exiting driveways takes a lot of time (sometimes requiring you to stop traffic or risk danger), and the front lip is so easy to destroy in the process. Regardless of your approach angle and speed, sometimes you simply have no choice but to just grit your teeth and listen to the plastic bits be sheered away. The 2010s have an option to solve this, but the 997.1s do not.

So we recently installed the TechArt noselift kit on the car:

Stock suspension before removal:

Here's the kit (this was actually for a 997 Turbo we did, I don't think we snapped a picture of the GT3 kit but it has yellow springs instead):

The hydraulic pump and battery tray (also from the Turbo):

Front suspension removed from one side of the car:

Switched out to the TechArt spring and hydraulic lift:

And installed on the car:

The rear suspension also includes new TechArt springs:

The hydraulic distribution block:

The steel braided lines installed under the car, inside the belly pan:

Installing the pump and battery tray:

And finally the switch is installed:

Pic from Turbo install, hence the sunroof button.

The result:

Not the best photo to demonstrate, but the difference in height at the front of the car is about 2-inches. The videos are a better demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4h2mFRcGZI

Video showing the kit on a 997TT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyVEcfdGWFI

Driving the car became a whole lot more practical. When approaching a driveway, you click the button on your home link (near your dome light) and within a few seconds your car is ready to drive in with an extra 2-inches of clearance. We recently had a 750 mile road trip with a stock GT3RS and the nose lift-equipped Kermit. The random gas stations along the Mojave desert, mini-marts for snacks, hotel entrance and so-on were covered with ease on Kermit but were often a challenge with the stock car.

We also had the car hot-lapped by Cort Wagner around Willow Springs for a few hours, and he commented that it actually felt a bit stiffer and settled than the factory GT3 RS that he drives/owns. He observed no adverse effects to having the kit installed (our car is lowered slightly over factory by about 1/2").

For anyone in the Bay that would like to see this in action we can demonstrate it here at the shop.
Phone: 510-651-0300
Email: dan@sharkwerks.com

SharkWerks' Latest Updates on Twitter

Last edited by Dan@SharkWerks; 10-14-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:23 AM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took delivery of my GT3 on Tuesday - I use the lift multiple times per day. It really does provide a dramatic increase in usability over several lowered cars I've had in the past.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:11 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clarify - I mean the factory lift but same principle applies.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by bob_dallas
I took delivery of my GT3 on Tuesday - I use the lift multiple times per day. It really does provide a dramatic increase in usability over several lowered cars I've had in the past.
Hey Bob, congrats on the new 2010... I only wish our 2010 had it too. I've gotten used to the noselift on the RS and a bit spoiled:P
Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bob_dallas
Great to hear Bob, I have specced it too... was hoping it wasn't going to be an expensive waste of time. Certainly doesn't sound like it... Is the 30mm height increase sufficient to give similar clearance to other 997s in your opinion?

Quick Reply: TechArt Noselift Kit installed on SharkWerks 2007 GT3RS