Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Porsche 911 Sport Classic

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dig those retro Fuchs! Looks good. Standard tail lights look better. Name is to long. More of what a 911 Carrera should look like. Really wonder what the US price will be??? If it's too close to the GT3 then I wouldn't get the point of it. I don't think it will be special enough to bubble wrap...
Old 09-02-2009, 01:26 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
Really wonder what the US price will be??? If it's too close to the GT3 then I wouldn't get the point of it.
Not coming to North America, afaik. Price would be around $175k (over double the price of a C2S in other markets) if it came. Totally absurb on the numbers...
Old 09-02-2009, 01:27 PM
MarekN
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The special and attractive thing about this car is that it is a non-GT car, but one that is also collectable at the same time. In some ways it is more special than a GT3, because that has been with us for a long time now and then this comes along. Something different, but based in the grassroots 911.

The rear end looks magnificent, reminds me of the R lightweights someways. The front treatment is a little overdone to my eyes. Overall, a thumbs-up from me. Really beats the prior "special" versions such as the 40th Anniversary...

However, the price is really extremely optimistic given the performance and status of the Mk 2 RS. It would have to be some fan of the regular range cars to forgo an RS for this at a higher price.

That´s why there are only 250 made first time around. To feel for what the market can take.

Maybe we will also see the Clubsport Cayman after this was made.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 Sport Classic