Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Anybody know this '07 GT3 (Nashua NH)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Anybody know this '07 GT3 (Nashua NH)?

I'm going to take a look at this '07 GT3 at Porsche of Nashua NH this afternoon: http://www.porschenashua.com/used-in...eHistory=true#. Does anybody here know the history of this car?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a DME done on this car and there isn't any hits in any of the ranges. It's pretty much a stipped version, nice car though. I'm not sure who owned it but I loved his new 2010.
This car you're looking at was already sold but it fell through, and ray and mark have emailed me for a week trying to get me to buy the thing. I'm waiting for a 2011-2012 car with german delivery.
GL trying to drive it. They wouldn't allow my friend to drive it and I asked If could take it home to see how it looks in my garage, and got no responce from them. I know they're trying to keep the miles down on the car. 10K+ as I remember.

I think the price is right where it should be, around 88K.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

I saw the car at lunchtime today and got to do a 20 minute test drive! The salesman (his name is Jamie) explained that normally they would not allow test drives, but apparently made an exception in my case because I am a previous customer at Porsche of Nashua. The price seems reasonable compared to asking prices of other GT3's out there, although he said they will not budge on the pricing.

The car looks to be in great condition. As you indicated, there are no hits on the overrev counter and no mechanical or cosmetic issues in evidence. I liked everything about it and IMO it would be plenty acceptable for use as a daily driver on the street. However, not having driven a 997GT3 before, I can see that the handling, with the rear weight bias, will take some getting used to. My frame of reference is the Cayman S that I drive now (with PASM + 19" wheels).

I'm going to sleep on this tonight and make a go/no-go decision by tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:01 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweeper
GL trying to drive it. They wouldn't allow my friend to drive it and I asked If could take it home to see how it looks in my garage, and got no responce from them. I know they're trying to keep the miles down on the car. 10K+ as I remember.

I think the price is right where it should be, around 88K.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
That is silly that they will not allow test drives for serious customers. It is used so they do not need to worry about a few extra miles or the break-in. Also, if it is already over 10K miles, then the next tier to worry about is 15K or 20K miles. I can understand if it had 9,9XX miles on the clock, but this GT3 is perfect for serious (supervised) test drives. Besides, in this economy a dealer needs to give more leeway.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:35 PM
mnorek
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know the car, but I believe that I bought that same owner's old 6-3 at Nashua when he traded it in for that 7-3.

That car is pictured in this post and this post.

Don't read too much into into the above posts since the poster was the guy's son and let's just say that that my email exchanges with the son were interesting.

Anyway, my experience with his 996 used GT3 was a good one, the car I bought had 17k miles on it and was never tracked from what I or my mechanic could tell. The only minor complaint I had was that the A/C stunk a little when you first turned it on--my guess was that the car may have been washed and put in the garage without airing/driving more than once. Otherwise, mechanically and cosmetically it was superb.

The PO of my car was from Chelmsford, MA.

So, making a short story long, ask Jamie if that's the same owner as the white 996 GT3 that Norek bought and if so, I can tell you I had a good experience with his old car.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mnorek
That car is pictured in this post and this post.
Yup, I think that's the one. It had the same front mesh grille as the one in the pictures in your link. The owner is buying a 2010 GT3, so I guess he likes GT3's.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:37 PM
mnorek
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go for it if you find a price that works!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:39 PM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jake, in this economy there is no such thing as a "firm" price. I assume u are a fully qualified buyer, there are less and less of u every day, dealer inventories are bloated, and there are recent data on retail sls that are waaaaay worse than anyone expected at this stage of the "recovery." I would be willing to bet U a bottle of nice bottle of CA Cab that if U really want to own that GT3, make them a firm offer 2-3k below their "firm" price, make it good for 1 week max (tell them u have other opportunities) walk out of the dealership the day U make them an offer and do not make contact again, and u will hear from them by the morning of day seven, with the GT3 U want at your "firm" price. Seriously, their game doesn't work anymore. There are more and more 07-08 gt3's and Rs's coming to mkt every day and mkt px's are only going south. U are in the driver's seat, and they need your cash to keep financing their bloated inventory. U wanna bet?
Old 08-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any News??? Did you buy it?
Old 08-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not yet. The dealer is now hinting that they may be willing to negotiate. We'll see...
Old 08-22-2009, 12:38 PM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Like I said...the dealers are hurting and they will do anything they can for a qualified buyer not to go elsewhere to buy a car when they are bleeding inventory financing costs by the day. Not to mention new sales have slowed to a crawl. U see the just posted cash offers thru Porsche on new cars? Unprecedented in P-Car history. Like I said, show him a firm bid and tell him it's good for X # of days. You will own the car for less than they are asking. What are u waiting for?
Old 08-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Gregg608
Rennlist Member

I agree with awilks. I finally bought one this week after looking for a while and was able to negotiate on the price.

Sent you a pm.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just closed the deal this morning. Asking price was $90k...I got it for $82.5k!! I pick it up this Saturday. Hope I can sleep between now and then...
Old 08-24-2009, 01:45 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

$82.5! Wow! That is a very good deal. A 2 year old 997 GT3 for $82.5. I bought my '04 996 GT3 in 2006 (2 years old) for $80K with 5k on the odometer. Nice to see the 997 following the same depreciation curve...

Enjoy it - it is gorgeous.

-B
Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 142 Posts

Congrats...nice deal on a CPO car. I was tempted by that one...but too far away to check out in person.

Quick Reply: Anybody know this '07 GT3 (Nashua NH)?