Old 08-22-2009, 02:49 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Your assessment of the RMS nonsense seems reasonable to this little black duck. Porsche is embarrassing themselves with their denial, their repeated failed attempts to deliver a seal solution and now blaming the owner for low miles or the even more ridiculous suggestion that exhaust back-pressure is somehow causing crankcase pressure (or vacuum) enough to somehow damage the RMS. Preposterous. If low miles or low back-pressure exhausts were to blame, we'd have 996 GT3's leaking by the hundreds. If the 997 is somehow more susceptible, why do high mile cars with stock exhausts also leak? Anyway, it's a well worn topic. Given the 996 Turbo part is a factory part for the same engine and crank, I fail to see how Porsche can deny it as applicable or that it would void anything short of wear on that seal surface of the crank (if the seal was too hard or improperly installed.)
Cheers man... I wish it was some unbelievable conspiracy theory but they're acting very poorly to be honest And it's just a pointless situation since it's actually proven to be very fixable. Are they really that stubborn? I mean come on;(

Originally Posted by ironimages
Hey your tearing apart a perfectly good Porsche?? WTF.... I'm going to keep my eye on this it should be fun!
Hehe thanks... We tuned her yesterday (got some better throttle response too):

And what she sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgKzxbQbHQM

Quick Reply: Shark Attack: 2010 997 GT3 SharkWerks Project Car