Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Fire Extinguisher Mount for Sport Bucket Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Blaine S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

It is the package from Shark Werks. The mounting plate and hardware are top notch. I am very happy with the way they designed it to work without getting in the way of the seat sliders or adjustment handle.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Perfect! GR bottle, too!

Hopefully - no rattles.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:08 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rodjac
Another vote for Sharkwerks. You can check it out by going to their project gallery and looking at the install on the white GT2.
Thanks Rodjac! Next up those rear brake ducts

Originally Posted by Blaine S
Has anyone researched the options for a fire extinguisher mount for the new GT3s with sport bucket seats?
Hey Blaine S thanks for the order and support.. glad it worked out

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
I have an email sent to Alex. When I hear back from him I will suggest he posts something here.
Thanks for doing that and here's what we've got:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=11

It looks like the Brey-Krause mount also needs the anti-submarine bar which would be good if you plan on putting a harness in the car without a cage.

I am not sure if the SharkWerks works with an anti-submarine attachment or not.
Thanks blaine and it should do.. depends how it's made but we've modified the 996gt3 one of old to work

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
i have the sharkwerks on my GT2 seats.

i have it installed on the driver side seat due to the passenger side seat having all the airbag crap under it.
Thanks tcsracing1 and you're right on the GT2 seats the airbag stuff makes it so we need to use it on the driver's side.

Originally Posted by hansw
I have the Sharkwerks set up on my GT2 bucket seat as well. Driver's side. Works perfectly. No vibrations at all.
Thanks hansw You were one of the first folks to do it on the GT2 bucket seats:P Much appreciated....

It is the package from Shark Werks. The mounting plate and hardware are top notch. I am very happy with the way they designed it to work without getting in the way of the seat sliders or adjustment handle.
Thank you for the support and we've made another batch (finally!) so we have them. Just waiting on extinguishers now

Here's one in black:

And FYI they also work on the 997GT3 bucket seats too:
[img][http://videos.g33kd.net/green_fe_kit/P1010829.JPG[/img]

We had actually prototyped one for the regular sport seats but there's so little room and it became such a complex piece that we

Quick Reply: Fire Extinguisher Mount for Sport Bucket Seats?