GT3 Lease or Finance???

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:45 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
too complicated.
if i want a car i only have ONE question. can i afford it or not.
if the answer is yes, i buy it, price and dep'n doesn't really matter. i buy what i can afford and like. with each GT3 i lose about $40k, but with each GT3, i enjoyed 20k miles of bliss.
I totally agree. Getting lost in the fog of what is my exit price and who can i sell it too with these options or w/o other options is a no win proposition and just over complicates the process. Sure these points come around/about eventually for most. But the same really should not be in any way determinative on the original decision to buy IMHO.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:48 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very intersting thread.
im in the market for an 07 gt3 but would be curious at the lease rate/price for a 10 .2 gt3.

SOmeone also mentioned something about lease termination? how does one terminate or get out of a lease? I still have 4 months left on my 335i, and the car already has beacoup miles. Really would love to get out of the car now!

And yes whether you lease or buy or outright own the car, if you live in VA you are paying property tax.

Mooty, im curious about sales tax in CA, because whether you lease or purchase a car in VA, you have to pay for sales tax if im not mistaken.

thanks
Old 11-08-2009, 10:32 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,504 Likes on 2,278 Posts

Originally Posted by redduck996

Mooty, im curious about sales tax in CA, because whether you lease or purchase a car in VA, you have to pay for sales tax if im not mistaken.

thanks
in CA...
if you paid cash or financed the car. you pay tax on the ENTIRE purchase pice on day one.

if you leased the car, you pay tax with EACH pmt, and only on the amount of the pmt. so if you leased for 3 years, your total tax is X% of the lease pmt, not the entire car's price.

in CA our tax is about 9.75% so it makes a pretty big difference for a $100-150k car.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:10 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it is my company car-- lease is a monthly deductible business expense. When lease is up dump it and get another

Quick Reply: GT3 Lease or Finance???