Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3 Torque Manipulator part #'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:20 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 GT3 Torque Manipulator part #'s

So I got some info about the torque manipulator from my dealer, but the info is not complete. Maybe someone else can finish the rest of the puzzle. This is what they can identify for me at this time.....

"Finally got some info on the torque manipulator. The parts dept said it is not available at this time..even from Germany. The part nos. they have are 997-361-069-02 and 997-361-161-00."

When I asked if there was a price available the response was......

"they do..but they are not orderable for US or for Europe which makes no sense. $555.25 plus tax"

Let me know if anybody can take this lead and run with it...
Old 06-23-2009, 05:34 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Just got some clarification

Part # 997-361-069-02 may just be the CL attachment at $240
Part # 997-361-161-00 may just be a breaker bar as they just call it an "extension" I am not sure what this is about

FYI Brake pads F 997.351.948.91 R 997.352.947.93
Old 06-23-2009, 09:07 PM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

My Dealer scratched his chin and did a bit of checking.....the result was, he "thinks" the socket portion has the multiplier built in. Hmmmm? That may make sense with what you have.
Cheers!
Doug N.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:49 PM
PNUT
Instructor

I'M SO CONFUSED---I TOLD MY SALESMAN TODAY TO HAVE THE "TORQUE MULTIPLIER" READY WHEN I PICK UP MY GT3 IN EARLY AUGUST. HE SAID OK (AS ANY SALESMAN WOULD). WHY 2 PART NUMBERS? IS THE CL SOCKET THE ONE THAT MUST COME WITH THE CAR? OR ????
Old 06-24-2009, 07:36 PM
buttons123
Instructor

Originally Posted by PNUT
I'M SO CONFUSED---I TOLD MY SALESMAN TODAY TO HAVE THE "TORQUE MULTIPLIER" READY WHEN I PICK UP MY GT3 IN EARLY AUGUST. HE SAID OK (AS ANY SALESMAN WOULD). WHY 2 PART NUMBERS? IS THE CL SOCKET THE ONE THAT MUST COME WITH THE CAR? OR ????
NOOOOOO.

Will post you my video of this in the next day or two. You get the special hub nut, the CL socket, in a little hide away in the luggage area. The GT3 cap pops off exposing the inside spines, this hub nut fits in and pushes the inside spine (sprung) into the wheel area and the wheels pops off. It's operated by a normal torque wrench which just fits in a universal attachment hole on this "wheel hub nut". You just have to make sure that your TW does the hub nut to 500nm! If you don't have a TW in the car as previously mentioned there is a simple way to temporarily tighten it, see previous thread.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:35 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PNUT
Porsche said in response to a customer letter asking if they could delete CL, that the wrench comes with the tools for every car.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:25 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by buttons123
NOOOOOO.

Will post you my video of this in the next day or two. You get the special hub nut, the CL socket, in a little hide away in the luggage area. The GT3 cap pops off exposing the inside spines, this hub nut fits in and pushes the inside spine (sprung) into the wheel area and the wheels pops off. It's operated by a normal torque wrench which just fits in a universal attachment hole on this "wheel hub nut". You just have to make sure that your TW does the hub nut to 500nm! If you don't have a TW in the car as previously mentioned there is a simple way to temporarily tighten it, see previous thread.
So this is why there is the little notch in the center "cap" at the bottom part in this photo

Name:  CL.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  56.0 KB
Old 06-24-2009, 10:51 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

To allow you to pop the center cap off so that the innards of the wheel socket can go inside...
Descriptions I found (Ref RS Spider wheel for the turbo) but have yet to figure out:
1).The innovative security mechanism on the wheel bearing is made up of a cartridge fitted in the wheel hub with spring-mounted security bolts

2.) the new RS Spyder wheel also features a completely new development in anti-twist protection. Replacing the ratchet mechanisms traditionally found on center lock systems is a two-piece cylindrical cartridge which serves as a locking device. This allows for firm torquing of the center lock bolt in any position. Essentially, this mechanism consists of a spring-loaded locking bolt inserted into the wheel hub. This bolt meets a fine-pitch toothing in the center bolt of the hub, locking it in place.
Each center locking bolt is encircled by laser lettering that displays not only proper turn direction, but appropriate tightening torque as well. Covering the bolt itself is a specially designed wheel center finished with a striking colored Porsche crest.
Further, due to the enormous amount of torque required for tightening of the Carrera GT wheel(over 400 ft-lbs), a torque multiplier was previously required for wheel mounting. However, further distinguishing the new RS Spyder Wheel is a decreased torque requirement for mounting as well as the integration of a specific wrench socket that permits the use of commercially available tools during the wheel mounting process.
Are we confused yet

Last edited by MJones; 08-03-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:55 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

I heard back from Louis Bellucci in Germany. When I asked him about the torque multiplier his response was as follows.....

We do not sell the torque manipulator here, but it can be bought at any Tool Shop for example Snap On. The price here in Germany is about 600€ which is about 900$.

So it sounds like there might not be a Porsche item to buy, just aftermarket. Maybe Buttons heard something yesterday and will share. So then I am not sure what the 2 items are that are listed above. I am sure one of them is the adapter, but what is the other one.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 Torque Manipulator part #'s