Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

I'm ready!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 04:20 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan
Sure, he might be a member or a troll (or both ). But then again he might not be.

What's with a few of you taking a "Porsche attitude" with the guy? He's got money and he wants a GT3 and you're recommending he buy something else

Most provided great responses including some education so all-in-all it's a good thread for what could be a newbie.

My advice: Buy what you want! If you want the hole buy used. Heck, there may even be a few here willing to sell their GT3/RS with a hole ready and waiting.

Read, learn and enjoy.
The only hole in a RS is the one where you throw all your money down to make it faster......
Old 06-13-2009, 05:34 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan
....What's with a few of you taking a "Porsche attitude" with the guy? He's got money and he wants a GT3 and you're recommending he buy something else
...then again, the folks here might save the OP from a hassle if he buys a GT3 based on praise from mags and ends up like so many others before him, becoming disappointed with the car and selling it because it just isn't the car for him.

Take a GT3 for an extended test drive. Check out the clutch in stop and go traffic, try some driveways with the low front splitter, check out the ride on mediocre roads....and most important of all, see if you can try it out on a track. That's where this car shines! Many other day-to-day situations are a pita with this car. Depends on your personality and the area you live. For me it's fine on the street, but I've been spoiled by track driving so I hardly drive it anymore outside of autox and track.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: I'm ready!