Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4
Old 12-18-2009, 08:04 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dark knight
Koenig Kong vs. Godzilla, long live the Koenig!
so lets see....basically same performance as the porsche/more dependable drive train/better street city car -( porsche cannot compete from redlight get go and does not do much better on the turns/certainly for hill climbs nissan has the advantage)....and can service the nissan for less over the next 5 yrs - without leaks/drips.
plus buy 2 (1 for me/1 for the wife and a daily beater for the winter months) for same price as germanic icon.

love my porsche.... BUT thoroughly respect nissans/vette's/subaru's as more economic/equal muscle/handling (and put me on the subject of the new alfa's....even better/more dependable but not yet available here)
Old 12-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Some of us want a car that we can drive fast without sweating all the time, especially on the street. It doesn't mean we don't have our track toys or more involving street cars. I'm seriously thinking about the GTR, it's getting hard to ignore it.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:06 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Riz
Some of us want a car that we can drive fast without sweating all the time, especially on the street. It doesn't mean we don't have our track toys or more involving street cars. I'm seriously thinking about the GTR, it's getting hard to ignore it.
Can't even lie, it grew on me hardcore.. I see them now, all black on black or the anthracite on anthracite wheels that I saw today made me drool, and I HATED these just a few months ago!

IMO, it's such a cool versatile car.. It would NEVER replace my abolute fun or weekend toy, but to have for a daily driver, hell even a daily plus track car if you HAD TO only have one? I think I would take it over a 997TT... I'm really thinking about a GTR for the daily purpose.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:58 AM
fun2k
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Thanks for posting

The GTR is an awesome car!
Sold mine last year, figuring it is to much of an unknown on track and would take to long before there are more on track to share info with appose to Porsche.

10 months later I still do not see any of them on track......
Can you do a breif comparo between gt3 and gtr(both in stock form)

i had a 997tt tip but i prefered the gtr more. i will not be tracking my gt3 so just need an opinion from someone who has experienced both cars as DD.
thanks
Old 12-20-2009, 11:21 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can buy two GRTs for price of one GT2..... and you will only have 2 GTRs.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:43 PM
s4awd
Advanced

I recently sold my GTR. I also have an E92 M3. Had one trackday this year and was with my buddy with a Cayman S. I figured I would have more fun in the M3 sparring with my friend, heel toe, trying different traction control settings, shifting etc. More sport in motorsport for me. Do I regret never taking my GTR to the track, HELLS YES. Now if I knew there were going to be a bunch of DSG cars there and throwing strong lap times, I would have brought my GTR no doubt. Daily driver, no. After three months of trying, I got the M3. So much better as a daily. Ride is just too harsh. the 2011 GTR is supposed to fix that and most guys are loving their snow tires which from what I hear significatnly takes the harshness away from the GTR. I'm glad I owned it but it's time for a GT3. Me like shifting

Last edited by s4awd; 12-21-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:33 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 774 Posts

I just prefer the no nanny do it yourself and purity of the GT3 on track. As a road car I would take the nissan over the 997tt, for price and gear box, now solved with pdk. I got a more comfy CL 65 instead. Useless on track.

Auto - Turbo is great for the street, for track manual - NA.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
fun2k
Racer

thanks, though what i really wanted to know was the ride harshness between the gt3 and gtr on the street?
Old 12-24-2009, 04:08 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

anyone here read the gt2 vs zr1 test in the current usa excellence mag? surprised the porsche sites havent imploded yet
Old 12-24-2009, 05:37 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

^ Yes; The Traqmate data was pretty cool. While I get the point of stock to stock, I would have liked to see the the cars run with track rubber on (only mod). While JVO was surprised by their 'performance', the run-flats on the ZR1 had to be just awful out there..

Quick Reply: another GT2 vs GTR test...