Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Update on RS leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update on RS leak

We didn't get to the stage of installing the stock exhaust. The tech decided to take apart and clean the crank shaft seal and drove the car on several occasions and reports no leak. Let's see what happens.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:13 PM
YearOne
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news, Porsche have just refused to cure my crank seal leak due to a Sharkwerks bypass.... I am currently compiling a report to state that the part can have absolutely no bearing on this leak at all.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:12 PM
str8ner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this is of any help I also suffered a crank case leak. I do not have any exhaust modification. I believe Corsican in the middle east had the same problem and I do not believe his exhaust was modified either.
I must say that the Porsche regional field tech gave me some crap. His report mentioned that my car had a roll bar and after market front rotors (that is all the mods I made) that they do not have to honor the warranty as per their owners manual ! Wahoo. They however honored my warranty.

Stephan
Old 05-21-2009, 11:35 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YearOne
Good news, Porsche have just refused to cure my crank seal leak due to a Sharkwerks bypass.... I am currently compiling a report to state that the part can have absolutely no bearing on this leak at all.
Find the thread hear where some 50 to 70 owners reported RMS I bet most do not have the bypass or, like me they had the leak before the bypass was installed. There is an arbitration provision in your warranty book I would like to see them prove the connection or explain why it happens without the bypass.

Quick Reply: Update on RS leak