Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Yahooo!!! Just had a June build confirmed for a GT3.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 11:16 AM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are tough. LOL. Agree with you on the PCCB's. I wanted them, but $8800 is too much just out of principle alone. My version of Bling is full, leather deviated stitching, carbon package, illuminated door sills, etc.. The NAV is fun stuff. I will be using the car for road tours too. I have the adaptives and heated seats for my back. Cranking up the heat and being able to adjust the bolsters & lumbar supports, prevents me from being crippled. If this turns into a serious DE car, I'll have racing seats, roll bar and harnesses put in. For now, it has enough toys to be fun on the street and it's still well equiped to handle my limited DE skills. Thanks for all of the congrats. Build is scheduled for June 1st. Hopefully that means a late July or early August delivery.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,739 Likes on 920 Posts

What dealer are you going through?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:08 PM
RWK
Instructor

Congratulations!

Be excited! it's the best part of this sickness.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some good advice above, but quite frankly, if all these folks giving you a hard time really, really cared about weight, they'd be driving a Lotus instead of a 3,100 lb car In the end, it's your car, so congrats on speccing it the way you wanted.

Given the flexibility of this car, you may never drive the Turbo again, in which case, the heated seats and *** seats will come in handy. I want to change my *** seats out for GT2 buckets, but am trying to find a way to keep the seat heating pads working

Congrats on the order, can't wait to read about the excitement of delivery, it's an amazing experience!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:48 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nizer
What dealer are you going through?

I'd rather not to post the dealership. It's probably the only GT3 they'll get. Not sure if he wants phone calls. I'll check.

Mike

Last edited by BBTurbo; 05-08-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,739 Likes on 920 Posts

Ha, ha. Good one. A dealer that doesn't want phone calls. Sorry, but that just doesn't compute. Nor the fact that he got an early allocation, which only went to high volume dealers that will certainly get more allocations for fall delivery.

No, sounds more like your dealer bumped another client and is trying to keep it hush hush. But congrats to you for getting the car.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Blaine S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the order and getting the options that *you* wanted. Mine should be here about the same time so hope to see you at some of the local events.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:33 PM
flash1034
Pro

Get the car YOU want. 99% of the guys who want only the essential lightweight, performance options never or rarely track their cars. If they do ever track their cars, they dont have the driving ability to realize the performance benefits of the saved several pounds. They are posers. Get a car YOU will be happy and comfortable with.

Flash
Old 05-12-2009, 11:44 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nizer
Ha, ha. Good one. A dealer that doesn't want phone calls. Sorry, but that just doesn't compute. Nor the fact that he got an early allocation, which only went to high volume dealers that will certainly get more allocations for fall delivery.

No, sounds more like your dealer bumped another client and is trying to keep it hush hush. But congrats to you for getting the car.
Ahhh a conspiracy theory. Nothing dramatic here, no one bumped. Like I said he didn't have a formal waiting list. I started bugging him about about a MKII the day it was announced. My dealer simply leveraged his prior buying profile, like taking on a Cayenne Turbo with PCCB's. This will also be my 5th Porsche in the last 20 months. So I had a bit of customer leverage. The dealer is Prime Porsche in Westwood, MA. Rep is Mike Lookner. Great guy. He said to call away.

As a side note, I caved to popular opinion and added PCCB's to the order today. Bumped MSRP up to $128ish. I'm glad dynamic mounts and lift system aren't on the menu yet. I would be in RS territory.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:04 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flash1034
Get the car YOU want. 99% of the guys who want only the essential lightweight, performance options never or rarely track their cars. If they do ever track their cars, they dont have the driving ability to realize the performance benefits of the saved several pounds. They are posers. Get a car YOU will be happy and comfortable with.

Flash
Blah Blah Blah....you should have stopped at "get the car YOU want.".....so when was the last time you set a race class lap record at a given race track?? perhaps have been on a podium....ever??.....so; pray tell, give some details of your car weight, time saving differential expertise and the index parameters that enable you to make such a blanket statement...

by the way...I think he's gonna love his car with all the bells and whistles
Old 05-13-2009, 09:08 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on your choices. with the addition of PCCB you now have about what I would order. but i'd probably add some dev. stich, carbon interior and in Basalt (the color of my C2S Cab) i might even be tempted (for the first time) to get exterior color on the console which i have always disliked in the past but i love this color!

as you, i really think seats are one of the most important aspects of a any car, since it's your main point of contact and ya gotta live with it every day

as far as a few extra pounds.you're correct (with apologies to leif997) most can't drive fast enough where it will make a difference. the GT-3,in the end, is a street car you can take to the track. if you want a track car, Porsche makes them too.

oh, one more thing... since you have PCCB, consider yellow seat belts!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:10 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by allegretto
congrats on your choices. with the addition of PCCB you now have about what I would order. but i'd probably add some dev. stich, carbon interior and in Basalt (the color of my C2S Cab) i might even be tempted (for the first time) to get exterior color on the console which i have always disliked in the past but i love this color!

as you, i really think seats are one of the most important aspects of a any car, since it's your main point of contact and ya gotta live with it every day

as far as a few extra pounds.you're correct (with apologies to leif997) most can't drive fast enough where it will make a difference. the GT-3,in the end, is a street car you can take to the track. if you want a track car, Porsche makes them too.

oh, one more thing... since you have PCCB, consider yellow seat belts!

Sound points...it would be interesting to have Porsche put throttle postion indicators in the software as in the MoTEC systems.....most are suprised to see that they are only a bit more thatn 50-60% of full throttle at any given point and wonder where their laps times can be improved....once that "little bit" of data is processed and managed; then the weight differentials can start to be noticed.

BTW...love how your car came out
Old 05-13-2009, 09:28 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,487 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
...the GT-3,in the end, is a street car you can take to the track. if you want a track car, Porsche makes them too.
it often takes ppl a LONG time to realize and truly understand what you just wrote. it took me 10 years. and until i had a dedicated track/race car (albeit a miata speed BSR) i would have thought you are totally wrong. but now i know i WAS totally moronic.

how's the cup?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,487 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
...only a bit more thatn 50-60% of full throttle at any given point and wonder where their laps times can be improved... :

heehee, you know it.
however, i am on the loud pedal pretty hard. 3 of my GT3s and my BSR's gas pedal broke right at the hinge! i push it down, mush it and make sure it's down....
Old 05-13-2009, 11:30 PM
flash1034
Pro

Originally Posted by leif997
Blah Blah Blah....you should have stopped at "get the car YOU want.".....so when was the last time you set a race class lap record at a given race track?? perhaps have been on a podium....ever??.....so; pray tell, give some details of your car weight, time saving differential expertise and the index parameters that enable you to make such a blanket statement...

by the way...I think he's gonna love his car with all the bells and whistles
Well, I wont debate my qualifications with you. I stand by what I said. I have raced in the VRL (Viper Racing League), The SCCA, The POC and the PCA on tracks like Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, and California Speedway. I think Im qualified to state my opinion.

Flash

Quick Reply: Yahooo!!! Just had a June build confirmed for a GT3.