Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rear Bumper Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 01:47 PM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear Bumper Removal

I just bought a GMG Sport Muffler center section and I need to remove the rear bumper.
The guys at GMG said I didn't need to , but I don't see how to do the install without removing the bumper.
Unlike Sharkwerks they don't supply DYI instructions on how to remove the bumper,so if anybody can help me with some basic instructions I would appreciate it.
Even if you could e-mail the bumper removal instructions via a PM that would be great.
Thanks in advance .
Tom B.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:18 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you search I am sure you can find a DIY with pictures. but I do have the sharkwerks instructions taking the bumper off is easy. I hope Alex does not get mad for me posting. Let me give him a plug, I have the sharkwerks bypass and the upgraded tips. I love it and so have everyone who has ever heard my car. Going under the Goodyear bridge at mid Ohio coming out of the pits is a sound to behold.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
gt3_muffler_bypass_ins.doc (25.0 KB, 504 views)
Old 04-19-2009, 10:55 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomburdge
I just bought a GMG Sport Muffler center section and I need to remove the rear bumper.
The guys at GMG said I didn't need to , but I don't see how to do the install without removing the bumper.
Unlike Sharkwerks they don't supply DYI instructions on how to remove the bumper,so if anybody can help me with some basic instructions I would appreciate it.
Even if you could e-mail the bumper removal instructions via a PM that would be great.
Thanks in advance .
Tom B.
Here you go. I posted this a little while back. GMG install

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...g-exhaust.html
Old 04-19-2009, 11:43 PM
zmann
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the Shark Werks bypass last week. It sounds sick. Like it should have from the factory. The install was easy. Alex's DIY instructions were spot on.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:03 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by todinlaw
If you search I am sure you can find a DIY with pictures. but I do have the sharkwerks instructions taking the bumper off is easy. I hope Alex does not get mad for me posting. Let me give him a plug, I have the sharkwerks bypass and the upgraded tips. I love it and so have everyone who has ever heard my car. Going under the Goodyear bridge at mid Ohio coming out of the pits is a sound to behold.
Hehe thanks Frank I was going to Email it to him too...

Originally Posted by zmann
I installed the Shark Werks bypass last week. It sounds sick. Like it should have from the factory. The install was easy. Alex's DIY instructions were spot on.
Cheers for the support (both of you) and so glad you like it:P
Old 04-20-2009, 04:53 PM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request.

Got the bumper off and got the system installed.Sounds great and I'm sure the Sharkwerks system is every bit as good.It was a toss up for me,but I happen to have something in common with Fabrece @ GMG as we both grew up in Jersey City,N.J.No other reason.

thanks to you guys at Sharkwerks.You are really a decent bunch.Will keep you in mind as I continue to develop the car.

Tom B.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:42 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by tomburdge
Thanks to everyone who responded to my request.

Got the bumper off and got the system installed.Sounds great and I'm sure the Sharkwerks system is every bit as good.It was a toss up for me,but I happen to have something in common with Fabrece @ GMG as we both grew up in Jersey City,N.J.No other reason.

thanks to you guys at Sharkwerks.You are really a decent bunch.Will keep you in mind as I continue to develop the car.

Tom B.
Hi Tom, thanks for the kind words and I'm sure you'll be happy and no worries on the instructions. Over the past couple of years Dan/James have watered down the "English" words to reflect a more US-Flavor so hopefully they're helpful

Quick Reply: Rear Bumper Removal