Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3 June Build Allocation (Bay Area)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:30 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2010 GT3 June Build Allocation (Bay Area)

I have a 2010 GT3 June Build allocation available from a dealer in the Bay area. Car can be specced to order but needs to be acted on quickly. It is an MSRP deal. If anybody wants the allocation PM me here and I will give you the contact information.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:32 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't the dealers have their own list of deposits?

No offense, but why (given the above) would they let you assign your spot?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

It is quite interesting to see so many spots offered on Rennlist.. I was made out to believe that the list was 10 miles long when I even mentioned the words 2010 and gt3 in the same sentence and that perhaps if I was really lucky I could pay 20-30k over sticker for a used car.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
Don't the dealers have their own list of deposits?

No offense, but why (given the above) would they let you assign your spot?
No offense taken. I am not the dealer so I don't know if they have a list or not. I asked my contact if he had anybody behind me in case I decided to pass and he said not personally. I asked him if he wanted me to try and replace myself if I decided no and he said please do.

This guy was a man of his word to me and I feel bad hanging him out so I am trying to replace myself.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:01 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

If this was Stevens Creek Porsche, I feel for the poor sales guys, and understand why they don't know what is going on.

The GM there (IMO and experience) is an absolute "********" (his name is Dick by the way) so it is not surprising that your sales guy doesn't have the whole story.

Given his track record, the first allocations will not even make it to the sales guys.

He has ruined that Dealership for me. Too bad, since I like a lot of the guys there.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:12 AM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
If this was Stevens Creek Porsche, I feel for the poor sales guys, and understand why they don't know what is going on.

The GM there (IMO and experience) is an absolute "********" (his name is Dick by the way) so it is not surprising that your sales guy doesn't have the whole story.

Given his track record, the first allocations will not even make it to the sales guys.

He has ruined that Dealership for me. Too bad, since I like a lot of the guys there.
It is not Steven's Creek. I too feel bad for their sales guys.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:13 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

pogue, it really amazes me that the creek ppl would offend you. given your track record, they should really bend backward, roll into pretzels, doughnuts, meatballs...to accomodate you.... some ppl are really short sighted.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:27 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
pogue, it really amazes me that the creek ppl would offend you. given your track record, they should really bend backward, roll into pretzels, doughnuts, meatballs...to accomodate you.... some ppl are really short sighted.
The Dealership called me, proposed (and agreed) to sell me a car at MSRP, and when I went to pick it up, he over ruled the Sales Manager to sell it over sticker.

I talked to Roger Penkse directly about getting rid of him, so time will tell!

Roger denied that his Dealers marked the cars up over MSRP until I presented him the proof, but in the meantime they lost me and many others as customers.

I never cease to be amazed that these guys can get away with their antics and survive in business. Some customers must be living under rocks.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:29 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Robert, you are going to kick yourself for not taking it!!!!!!! Trust me
Old 04-13-2009, 12:31 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
That made me laugh out loud

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 June Build Allocation (Bay Area)