Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The GT2 left me and others I know disappointed. VS the RS
Old 05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by va122
The GT2 left me and others I know disappointed. VS the RS
i would have liked to see the 997 gt2 with fenders like the RGT and brakes from the cup car..... then it would be a more of a tempting package to me.....
Old 06-18-2009, 03:19 PM
RWK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spent 2 days at NHIS with the Rs and RSR. The rs is totally transformed from stock, absolutely a different car!!! Steering is lighter ( due to complete lack of rubber?) but the car is very well balanced and composed. Obviously the Hoosiers are also alot to do wth the transformatiuon.
Lapping with my partner ( pretty close abilities) in the race car, the Rs was not at a great dissadvantage in many places on the track. The RSR was obviously faster, but the Rs was an absoulte blast! Well balanced, intuitive
In fact the JRZ seem better than the motons on the race car, in the video / data you can see residual motion and oscilation on transition to / off the oval is beter )less) on the RS ( shocks have been set up on a dyno to be as close as possible.)

When I get a few minutes I will post a video of both cars lapping

Highly reccomend the full suspension mods! only downside is the cayman ($)stuffed under the car

can't wait for the composite body phase
Old 06-18-2009, 05:19 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RWK
Spent 2 days at NHIS with the Rs and RSR. The rs is totally transformed from stock, absolutely a different car!!! Steering is lighter ( due to complete lack of rubber?) but the car is very well balanced and composed. Obviously the Hoosiers are also alot to do wth the transformatiuon.
Lapping with my partner ( pretty close abilities) in the race car, the Rs was not at a great dissadvantage in many places on the track. The RSR was obviously faster, but the Rs was an absoulte blast! Well balanced, intuitive
In fact the JRZ seem better than the motons on the race car, in the video / data you can see residual motion and oscilation on transition to / off the oval is beter )less) on the RS ( shocks have been set up on a dyno to be as close as possible.)

When I get a few minutes I will post a video of both cars lapping

Highly reccomend the full suspension mods! only downside is the cayman ($)stuffed under the car

can't wait for the composite body phase
NICE man, congrats again, that's some serious hardware!!!

What spring setup did you go with, rate wise?? I have much of what you did, except the uprights and subframe reworking on my GT2... I also have Motons but think I need stiffer springs now a days from the 600-800, too soft for me :/ So here is my question, 800-1000, will it make my back end that much more snappy, some seem to think so??

Also funny you mention your steering feels lighter, so does mine.. I was expecting a tighter more direct feel, but it isn't which is very odd, anyone have the answer for that?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:17 PM
RWK
Instructor

I think that lowering the roll center of the car has alot to due with making the vehicle more neutral, and preventing snap oversteer. My builder insisted on this, and he has worked for major race teams in the past, so in an unusual move, I listend to him.
See above prior for spring rates installed, rates are totally acceptable, and could no doubt be heavier on a smoother track like WGI / LCMT, etc.
I will dial in additinal HS rebound damping, to slow the wheels return to earth on stutter-braking bumps a litttle.
Suspension has alot of adjustment to learn.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:23 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

we soooo got to see pictures of this car!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Red9
Racer

Can we get updates from all--very interesting thread .

Quick Reply: New Suspension for the RS