Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 03:43 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AT WHAT PRICE???

Will my car sell to a fellow RLer?? Most of you know the history, new engine, extra warranty blah blah. So, how about some offers?? It is still at the dealership and I haven't driven it in a few months now. However, I'm getting tired of not having it and paying for insurance on it. Offers please!!

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still cant believe this car hasnt sold yet
Old 04-09-2009, 05:56 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

if i didnt buy NJ-GT's car, this would be my RS.

Black, Clubsport Bar, fresh engine, clean and awesome price!

If this car had a set of black RS wheels on it im willing to bet it would be sold by now. Some people just cant get around the orange wheel thing i think...
Old 04-09-2009, 10:50 PM
_rocket
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why did it need a new engine?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by _rocket
Why did it need a new engine?
I brought it in for the 3rd time for the RMS leak and they replaced the engine. It's brand spankin new. In fact, I haven't driven it since it was installed. It's been in the showroom at Porsche since.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:49 AM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

I do not have a horse in this, and please do not take what I say seriously!... But you did ask..

If the rarity of the RS is part of what makes it special for some people, then a car with a replaced engine, new/OEM or whatever, has probably lost that part of its allure for anyone who is buying it with that in mind (ie:"collectibility" - which makes about as much sense as "dinkability.") In short, at this point, it is a driver's car and not one for a collection or even a garage queen.

Ach, what do I know? - nothing, I tell you. And I couldn't afford it either way. But I bet that issue is holding some folks back. Why, when an RMS leak is the alternative? It makes no sense, but there it is.

You should keep it and drive the snot out of it.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:08 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

rog, chk your email.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:21 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by stedge
I do not have a horse in this, and please do not take what I say seriously!... But you did ask..

If the rarity of the RS is part of what makes it special for some people, then a car with a replaced engine, new/OEM or whatever, has probably lost that part of its allure for anyone who is buying it with that in mind (ie:"collectibility" - which makes about as much sense as "dinkability.") In short, at this point, it is a driver's car and not one for a collection or even a garage queen.

Ach, what do I know? - nothing, I tell you. And I couldn't afford it either way. But I bet that issue is holding some folks back. Why, when an RMS leak is the alternative? It makes no sense, but there it is.

You should keep it and drive the snot out of it.
No actually you bring up some good points about the engine. Here is what I've found through this experience:

People who have owned Porsches or are in the "know" generally don't have a problem with the new engine. In fact, the car was sold to a gentlemen in CA because of the new engine. When he compared my car to others in the same mileage range, mine was much more attractive to him, especially with the extended warranty. He has been a Porsche owner since the 70's. The only thing that killed the sale was that his down payment wasn't large enough to make the bank comfy.

People that don't know much about the cars or it is their first P car, usually are the ones with the most questions. Past experience or hear say make them think there is a deeper problem. With my car, they simply wanted to do more testing on an engine with a RMS leak. Again, someone that isn't in the loop will shy away.

Anyone looking for collection value, isn't looking for a car with over 1000 miles anyway. And, my numbers match so a gazillion years from now, when the car may become a bit of a collectors item, no one will care.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. If Porsche wasn't sure about the car, I'm sure they wouldn't have offered to give it a CPO. Maybe this is God's way of saying, "Rog, go pick up your car and drive the snot out of it!!"

I think it is the economy. People were standing in line for these cars 2 years ago. Now, it's hard to find someone that wants to spec a 2010 GT3 and they certainly aren't going for more than MSRP.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:23 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mooty
rog, chk your email.
Will do, thanks Moot!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on keeping the car and driving the snot out it!!! That's what their for folks!!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:49 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
I think it is the economy. People were standing in line for these cars 2 years ago. Now, it's hard to find someone that wants to spec a 2010 GT3 and they certainly aren't going for more than MSRP.
The 1,000 mileage is neither low enough to be a bubble nor high enough for the price to reflect for a "drive the snort outta it."

My guess is because of the MK2's, the asking price, the black color, the engine replacement and the economy. Yup; in that order.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:54 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
The 1,000 mileage is neither low enough to be a bubble nor high enough for the price to reflect for a "drive the snort outta it."

My guess is because of the MK2's, the asking price, the black color, the engine replacement and the economy. Yup; in that order.
What exactly are you basing this theory on? Sales are down on everything and so is the interest on the new GT3 (which I think RS will follow suit unless things change, economically) What is wrong with the asking price? It is lower than almost everything I've seen out there unless the car has 20k miles on it. Black color? How many engine replacement cars have you sold or seen sold? Man, people sure do link up stuff in their head that makes no sense whatsoever.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:06 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

if you put 2 black RS side by side with similar mileage/price, i would take the example with the fresh engine hands down.

the black RS looks hot with black RS wheels. And with decals deleted it takes on another whole new look!

the black RS's are hot!!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:20 PM
flash1034
Pro

So...what do ya want for it?

Flash
Old 04-10-2009, 01:35 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
if you put 2 black RS side by side with similar mileage/price, i would take the example with the fresh engine hands down.

the black RS looks hot with black RS wheels. And with decals deleted it takes on another whole new look!

the black RS's are hot!!
Yup, I like the black on black also with the ghost decals...very hawt! But, I like mine equally as well. Every time I drive it, it is simply a rock star! I did a car show last year and I had more people drool over my ride than the ferraris and it won it's class in the show. (Hilton Head Concours)

Originally Posted by flash1034
So...what do ya want for it?

Flash
I have it listed here, I believe, for $117K. But, willing to look at serious offers. Just want a fair price for a fantastic car.

Quick Reply: AT WHAT PRICE???