AT WHAT PRICE???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 01:45 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
I do apologize. What I have said was a guess and I have no experience in selling used cars. But my guess (not a theory) is based on the highest bid amount of other RS' on the eBay.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:05 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts

Well, i can tell you that dealer is doing nothing to help you.
I went in last week and no one would wait on me
After 15 minutes of looking at the car, a service rep asked if he could help
When I asked the price he and a salesman who finally strolled up argued over 2 very different prices
Seemed liked they could care less about a customer in their showroom.
BTW, I'm 49 years old with 29+ years of Porsche ownership

WSH
Old 04-10-2009, 03:23 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

perhaps take it back from the dealer, take new current photos and list it on ebay with fresh photos and new ad/discription approach.

enjoying driving the car while it is listed for sale too.

and rather then go into detail on the new engine, rather announce that all recalls/warranty issues are up to date fresh from the dealer and that an extended warranty is in place (bonus!).
(then for serious buyers you can let them know as part of the RMS issues in these cars you were one of only a lucky few to recieve a new updated engine!)

the two lowest price RS cars that i have seen sell this year sold for 99k and 105k
Both low option cars. one orange (with lotsa miles) , the other silver (tough color to sell).

a black RS with low options, clubsport bar, one owner and fresh engine should definitly fetch 110k for the summer market. Hell, there are other black RS's out there trying to fetch 120 which is fair too.
The market is just so cold right now.

I have noticed ultra low mile 08's are still getting good money however.......

i guess the $100k+ porsche buyers in the used market are very particular. They want as close to new as possible. Which appears that an almost new $150k RS is easier to sell then a used $120k RS......
Old 04-11-2009, 12:54 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
Well, i can tell you that dealer is doing nothing to help you.
I went in last week and no one would wait on me
After 15 minutes of looking at the car, a service rep asked if he could help
When I asked the price he and a salesman who finally strolled up argued over 2 very different prices
Seemed liked they could care less about a customer in their showroom.
BTW, I'm 49 years old with 29+ years of Porsche ownership

WSH
Please let me know who you talked to. Only Wally really knows that much about the car. I can tell that they have went way out of there way to accomodate me in several different situations...sales and especially service...even on a car I didn't buy from them. I've very sorry you had that experience.

BTW the price I'm giving people on RL IS different than what I'm putting out elsewhere.

UPDATE..I forwarded your comments to Wally. Please call him directly and he will make sure you get taken care of properly. This particular dealership maintains 98% Porsche customer satisfaction and they want to keep it that way. Can't say enough good things about those guys.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com

Last edited by TraqGear; 04-11-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply: AT WHAT PRICE???