2010 GT3 Wait List anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:31 AM
LeonardoC2S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 GT3 Wait List anyone?

Howdy friends -

Anyone here on a wait list for the new one?

I just called my dealership whose formalizing a list right now...I'm #3 and may be bumped up depending whether the first two gents are serious (ie. put down a deposit). Even at #3, the allocation is still sketchy so I'm crossing my fingers. I'm excited even at the prospect of getting to order one!

What's your situation?

Cheers,
Leo
Old 03-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Turboflyer
Pro

OMG, excited about being on a list to pay full price for the car. What is this world comming to. Congradulations.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

I am taking turboflyers position on this one..

My dealer recently called me about getting on the list, when in May they told me I was insane for even asking them because I had only purchased two previous Porsches from them.

Funny that they call the customers that still have money in their pockets this time of year..... I doubt I will be willing to even pay MSRP for the car at this point.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:53 PM
LeonardoC2S
Advanced

Whoops...just saw an earlier thread on this topic on about page 7. How do you get below MSRP and get to spec the car at the same time? Wouldn't that be just taking someone else's spec car who decided they didn't want it? (I'm asking for real...not a joke or being sarcastic )

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2009, 01:00 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Area of the country would be interesting to know where your list is?????

I'm on a list #3 in fact and have been there since early last year.

Lists will vary depending where you are located...So Cal is a popular place
Old 03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

Of the 3 dealerships in Houston, none of them had a "list" that was available to the general public. deposit or not, they claimed they would not start one until their allocation was received..

interesting that dealers in LA are more than happy to take your money before they know how many cars they'll be receiving.. or perhaps houston is just in the dark.

MJones, if you don't mind me asking since this is somewhat personal but I think it would help determine the character of the dealerships.. How many cars have you purchased from that dealer or did you pay way over sticker for each previous purchase or are you just a normal guy that asked early?

The houston dealers are famous for ordering cars to their specs (nav, stitching, crap seats, bi-xenons.. you know.. not a drivers gt3) and selling them through a 3rd party and having them returned to the show room with 200-300 miles a short time later with a 20% price increase. This goes for the turbo when it came out as well, you absolutely could not get a new one but they all magically had used ones some with less than 100 miles for well over sticker.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:38 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian S
I am taking turboflyers position on this one..

My dealer recently called me about getting on the list, when in May they told me I was insane for even asking them because I had only purchased two previous Porsches from them.

Funny that they call the customers that still have money in their pockets this time of year..... I doubt I will be willing to even pay MSRP for the car at this point.
LOL thats' what my local dealer said to me, unch of scumbags. So I called my old one in NY and am now #1 for the MKII and RS at MSRP
Old 03-27-2009, 02:26 PM
LeonardoC2S
Advanced

I live the DC Metro area, but my dealer is in lower Eastern region of PA (about 3 hours aways). Technically, they don't have their allocation yet. My trustworthy sales rep - which is why I going 150+ miles out of way - started a preliminary list, and is meeting with the regional rep in the next month to get an idea of their allocation. At that time, they will take $1000 deposit.

They only received two GT3's in 2007, and he expects a similar allocation - also depends on how well the dealership is doing. That's why I'm still hopeful although I'm third on the initial list. If the either or both #1 and 2 aren't serious, then I would get bumped up.

Good luck to us all!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:34 AM
datax
Burning Brakes

I'm also in DC Metro. Rockville Porsche is offering me the #1 spot for $1000 now. 10% down when you spec the car, I believe sometime in next few months but not sure. Still thinking whether I should take it or not because of the economy and how much I would lose on my current 6GT3 if I decide to sell.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

To top it off, the 997.2 GT3 is an improvement yes but I need to know a little more about this geometry change that people are talking about.. the 20hp is modest at best and not worth selling a 997.1 for 80-85k and buying a 997.2 for 120+k for me anyway. Perhaps if it had the new engines (and race proven) or something more dramatic than led tail lights..

The center locks are cool, but it makes finding that second set of center locking wheels expensive I'm sure. The rest of the new features are fluff, who needs the rise button..
Old 03-30-2009, 12:12 PM
LeonardoC2S
Advanced

Yep, I'm with you Brian. Looking forward to the in-depth test reviews. I'd get a .1, but it's more of a financial decision. Planning to do a business lease. Besides, I really like the new rear wing and the chance to spec out the car as I want it

What do you think of the following options (guessing here without spec sheet):
- PCCB
- No sunroof
- Carbon Fiber bits (center console, door inserts, etc.)
- Sport Bucket Seats (no sure if these are standard)

Also to note: No stereo upgrade or PCM nav
Old 03-30-2009, 12:16 PM
LeonardoC2S
Advanced

Thanks Datax - good to know! How are the Rockville guys? I'm working through Vision in Leesport, PA. It's a small P dealership, and the 2-3 guys who there are really into the marque...not the typical sales type. It's was the most casual, friendly experience when I got my C2S from them.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

I track my car, so PCCB is out for me. Sunroof delete shouldn't even be an option, it just shouldn't be there..

carbon bits, I'm not that flashy and I don't plan on having a roll bar so the bucket seats are not as ideal as the sport adaptive seats for me.

So really, my 997.1 gt3 (although red, which is growing on me but goes against my anti-flare nature) is just about perfect plus a sunroof but everything else is missing from it. 997.1 gt3's did have pcm/nav as an option, quite a few have it actually.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:29 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was on the list until Friday when I picked up my 997 GT3. I will wait until the 997.3 or 998.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:32 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My comments:
Originally Posted by LeonardoC2S
Yep, I'm with you Brian. Looking forward to the in-depth test reviews. I'd get a .1, but it's more of a financial decision. Planning to do a business lease. Besides, I really like the new rear wing and the chance to spec out the car as I want it

What do you think of the following options (guessing here without spec sheet):
- PCCB YES!!
- No sunroof Standard Not an option
- Carbon Fiber bits (center console, door inserts, etc.) Unnecessary Fluff
- Sport Bucket Seats (no sure if these are standard) Must have option

Also to note: No stereo upgrade or PCM nav

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 Wait List anyone?