Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Not OT: Audi guys love the Shark...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:31 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not OT: Audi guys love the Shark...

werks bypass....driving home yesterday at no less than 5K RPM in any gear (so as to properly let the cars around me know where I was) I noticed that I was being followed rather closely by two guys in an Audi RS for a few miles....finally; when traffic allowed him to pull up beside me, the driver had to tell me that the sound coming out of the car was the best sound he had ever heard from ANY vehicle and were wondering if I could really get on it for them. I was only to happy to oblige after telling them it was a SharkWerks bypass and where they could purchase one. Promptly did a 7500 rpm shift from 1st through 3rd as far as traffic would permit....they pulled up again and offered their thanks with ear to ear smiles and continued to trail me to further enjoy the song coming out of the GT3.

Earlier in the week; an Audi A8L also trailed me and gave me the thumbs up when he finally got beside me!!

Audi guys have good taste in exhaust systems

Best mod I have ever done to any street car. Period.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

I've had mine for a yr and agree completely. First and foremost, there is no drone what so ever. I have had other exhaust systems and all have had droning issues to some degree, but not the Sharkwerks. The sound is intoxicating and loud enough, but not so loud that it is ever annoying in sport or normal modes. I have a set of Cargraphic tips bolted on and it looks and sounds better than the stock exhaust.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:08 PM
DRG13
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer the sound of GMG's set up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-v1VLKnIWk
Old 03-15-2009, 06:10 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

The sharkwerks bypass is amazing...I am on my second RS and my second bypass!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:12 PM
YearOne
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my bypass it sounds so mean but as said, no droning. The best thing is I can plug the valves back in and back to quiet although no plans to do that yet!

See my Vid post for sound effects...
Old 03-15-2009, 07:13 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by YearOne
I love my bypass it sounds so mean but as said, no droning. The best thing is I can plug the valves back in and back to quiet although no plans to do that yet!

how would i go about unplugging the valves? ??
Old 03-15-2009, 08:21 PM
YearOne
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try a search on here but basically you just unplug a connector in the engine bay, you need a photo though to know which one but its so easy takes 10secs. Its worth it although can be a bit droney with standard system.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:59 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up plug...

Try a search on here but basically you just unplug a connector in the engine bay, you need a photo though to know which one but its so easy takes 10secs. Its worth it although can be a bit droney with standard system.

i got the Sharkwerks
Old 03-16-2009, 07:03 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
werks bypass....driving home yesterday at no less than 5K RPM in any gear (so as to properly let the cars around me know where I was) I noticed that I was being followed rather closely by two guys in an Audi RS for a few miles....finally; when traffic allowed him to pull up beside me, the driver had to tell me that the sound coming out of the car was the best sound he had ever heard from ANY vehicle and were wondering if I could really get on it for them. I was only to happy to oblige after telling them it was a SharkWerks bypass and where they could purchase one. Promptly did a 7500 rpm shift from 1st through 3rd as far as traffic would permit....they pulled up again and offered their thanks with ear to ear smiles and continued to trail me to further enjoy the song coming out of the GT3.

Earlier in the week; an Audi A8L also trailed me and gave me the thumbs up when he finally got beside me!!

Audi guys have good taste in exhaust systems

Best mod I have ever done to any street car. Period.
Aw shucks... seriously so glad you like it! I got to go for a drive this weekend through the woods (sorry for scaring the odd squirrel) as well

Originally Posted by Jon70
I've had mine for a yr and agree completely. First and foremost, there is no drone what so ever. I have had other exhaust systems and all have had droning issues to some degree, but not the Sharkwerks. The sound is intoxicating and loud enough, but not so loud that it is ever annoying in sport or normal modes. I have a set of Cargraphic tips bolted on and it looks and sounds better than the stock exhaust.
Cheer for the support Jon70, and I'm glad we're wife-approved on the lack of droning Keeping the diameter the same helped that...

Originally Posted by richk
The sharkwerks bypass is amazing...I am on my second RS and my second bypass!!!
Cheers RichkX2! And glad you're back in the RS....

Gotta check that out and again thanks!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:23 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hehe.. scaring the sheep:P

Just saw the video guys so check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Diatf3VHyNc
Old 03-16-2009, 09:11 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure it's amazing, still haven't heard it in person :/
Old 03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by iLLM3
I'm sure it's amazing, still haven't heard it in person :/
Doh... these are ok but you know how online vids go...
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=153

Quick Reply: Not OT: Audi guys love the Shark...