Market on low miles '07 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 01:31 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
If I remember correctly, CJ and MJSpeed, have seen the car or touch the car or something along the line of that...

...bet 10 shares of GM with them?
Instead of chewing on popcorn.. tell us what you think! That way, when the result is known we can refer back to it, and establish your credibility (and influence).

Of course, an "I don't have a clue" gives you instant credibility.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
If I remember correctly, CJ and MJSpeed, have seen the car or touch the car or something along the line of that...

...bet 10 shares of GM with them?

When a plane gets into a Spin during the test flight, in theory, a series of control inputs are executed at the stick and rudder and hope to get back into control.

I would take 50/50 than eject.
It's close to being possible to bet ten million shares of GM (given any number multiplied by zero ...)

As you point out, some guys have great access to the factory when they're shopping for their race cars, but that's not to say what they see will show up in 2010 or even 2011. Imagine how excited we were when the father of my friend said he'd seen a Porsche speedster with mid engine that looked "futuristic" circa 1994 ... it was almost three years later (and that in itself is a flanking speed development of a car) before the Boxster showed up in Geneva.

As for your spin recovery analogy, setting aside the idea of this being some sort of "test flight," it's ironically perfect to my concerns -- the instructions for spin recovery are specific to the given aircraft and they are proven to be effective both empirically and in fundamental design. Of course, spin recovery is a matter of luck and judgment, but the point is perfectly clear cut: the aircraft was designed and built by engineers and its performance envelope is well understood and can be controlled by the trained pilot. The economy however was built by fuukking idiots and is in the hands of imbeciles, gluttonous morons and raving power-mad homicidal maniacs with nobody in control as the whole train careens downhill and over the edge of the cliff into the abyss. See the difference?
Old 03-06-2009, 01:55 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^

I have never seen a more perfect description for Obama and his Administration. Can I quote you?
Old 03-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
^

I have never seen a more perfect description for Obama and his Administration. Can I quote you?
I'm in the public domain. You're welcome to quote me up and until I'm wrong, at which point I'll sue for slander if you associate me with any such nonsense.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:41 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Wink

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
Instead of chewing on popcorn.. tell us what you think! That way, when the result is known we can refer back to it, and establish your credibility (and influence).

Of course, an "I don't have a clue" gives you instant credibility.
My gut feeling says there won't be RS MK2 but when 2 people have "touched" the car, what can I say? My reasons are that I have never seen 2 versions of RS in the history of 911 and if the 997 RS MK2 is to serve the purpose of homologation, bringing it out in 2011 or later will not coincide with the development of next RSR nor the updated current RSR needs another homologation.

With that said, who to say the history must repeat or the spirit must live on. (Let's see how good the RSR's do at Sebring in a few weeks! BMW M3 GTR and Ferrari 430 will be in the same class as RSR. V8s vs. Flat-6.)

Another point is that in a downturn like we are in at the moment, PAG might think that having more model choices (given that the inventory is kept low) should maintains a reasonable revenue.

P.S. A 997 GT2 RS makes more sense to me than GT3 RS. Just my crazy head clicking!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:04 AM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
. . . The economy however was built by f*****g idiots and is in the hands of imbeciles, gluttonous morons and raving power-mad homicidal maniacs with nobody in control as the whole train careens downhill and over the edge of the cliff into the abyss. . .

Aint' that the truth..... +100

Quick Reply: Market on low miles '07 GT3