Thanks!
And OH YEAH! Modello!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:13 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How about this...

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I don't think I've been wrong in the last few weeks in the context of trading and ranges...
Below 6,000 points in 90 days of trading?
Old 03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
90 days? What does that mean; other than to give your "prediction" months of time. It's getting crowded under the apple tree, Chicken Little.

If you want to explain how the Dow would close 10% lower (which stocks and why) as well as the necessary changes in the S&P, then I'm happy to consider your thoughts.

For me, I'm still battling. And hoping my "month" time frame proves right (these "shake the money tree" whipsaw sessions surely spell trouble.) No question I've been entirely wrong about the overall direction for the last two weeks since the Dow collapsed to 6400. I was expecting the sudden intraday buying, but I wasn't expecting Obama and Geitner to come up with such a harebrained scheme.

On a lighter note -- did anyone see Jon Stewart tear CNBC to pieces last night? Good to see. CNBC is the hysterical home-shopping network for day traders and "self-directed" nincompoops. Rick Santelli should gulp down a pint of STFU. Hypocritical ***.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:42 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

90 days? What does that mean; other than to give your "prediction" months of time. It's getting crowded under the apple tree, Chicken Little.

If you want to explain how the Dow would close 10% lower (which stocks and why) as well as the necessary changes in the S&P, then I'm happy to consider your thoughts.

For me, I'm still battling. And hoping my "month" time frame proves right (these "shake the money tree" whipsaw sessions surely spell trouble.) No question I've been entirely wrong about the overall direction for the last two weeks since the Dow collapsed to 6400. I was expecting the sudden intraday buying, but I wasn't expecting Obama and Geitner to come up with such a harebrained scheme.

On a lighter note -- did anyone see Jon Stewart tear CNBC to pieces last night? Good to see. CNBC is the hysterical home-shopping network for day traders and "self-directed" nincompoops. Rick Santelli should gulp down a pint of STFU. Hypocritical ***.
That John Stewart piece was a crap up..
Old 03-05-2009, 05:29 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Dow below 6000 in 90 days?
I think the wobbly knees of the economy will see a Dow 4000.
I say this seriously.

I was expecting the sudden intraday buying, but I wasn't expecting Obama and Geitner to come up with such a harebrained scheme.
Our fearless leader Obama is spending money like a drunken sailor. His intentions are genuine, but ill placed.

You know who will pay for all the corporate bailouts. Yet these corporations continue to splurge on lavish expenses with our bailout money.

Regarding Rick Santelli, his expressions represent a large majority of Americans. Yes... the same Americans that are bailing out the irresponsible corporate CEO's with $10M salaries and all the sub-prime borrowers defaulting on their mortgages that had no financial ability to repay the loan in the first place.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:58 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Exclamation

90 days? What does that mean; other than to give your "prediction" months of time. It's getting crowded under the apple tree, Chicken Little...
It was a question. I am not an expert.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Wayward
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stratocaster
Uh.......Well, you got the "blur " part right at least..........
Originally Posted by mooty
huh? there are many many RS drivers who drive the living daylight of their RS.
Guys, I wasn't trying to flame.

My take (and of course y'all take what you will from my views) is that the car is meant for driving, and driving the non-RS is nearly as fine an experience as an RS -- this from one with an injury preventing him from practicing what he preaches. Perhaps therein lies the lesson. Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

To put it as plainly as I can, obtaining a GT3 is certainly as worthwhile as that of an RS, if even as an interim measure. For those who mourned missed opportunities in obtaining RS's, new versions will be forthcoming.

Think of that old proverb, "a bird in the hand". Tis better to have loved and lost...oops, wrong quote. 'Tis perhaps better to drive now than to sit back and wait it out for who knows what.

Hoping you all can relate to this.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:32 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^
Everything, but the comment that a new RS is forthcoming.

I challenge all the RS advocates to reveal their sources and reasoning, (without destroying confidentiality).

The way I see the stars lining up there will not be an RS version in the US this time, but I have (I believe) no special knowledge.

Now, if all those advocating the RS are just speculating, then mark your opinion that way.

PAG (or PCNA) is not in the business of creating special classes of Customers with particular insights, irrespective of what some might like to think.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

It was a question. I am not an expert.
My mistake.

I'm not into the "soothsaying" temptations of the market.

Cheers,
Old 03-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 282 Posts

I'd bet money there's no RS...no sunroof on the Gt3, lightweight options available - no way Porsche can justify 2 models in the reduced demand of this market.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George3
Regarding Rick Santelli, his expressions represent a large majority of Americans.
Let's start by agreeing that there are zero statistics, surveys, polls or any useful measurement of how many Americans consider themselves to be represented by what Santelli blurted out on the floor and incited a gaggle of traders to shout like drunken revelers.

Personally, if my taxes go to help people stay in their homes and pay their mortgages, that seems okay to me. Short term. Emergency measure. Like firefighting. Not something I'd want to be doing all the time, but when there's an emergency, you don't sit in your own home and watch the neighbor's house burn down. Or get flooded or shredded by a Tornado or whatever. But if the same thing happens next year, I'd say "build your house where it won't get flooded, I won't help you again if you keep making the same mistake." A sketchy analogy, but you get the idea.

What I'm not at all willing to do (or to participate in over the next few generations) is this "Bolsheviks and the Banks" program of "spend first, think later." What Obama proposes is unproven and by their own estimates has a less than 50:50 chance of success. Not okay. The leadership of the country needs the help of actual economists, not career bureaucrats detached from the reality of millions of Americans relying on food stamps. And tomorrow (Friday) we'll hear once again how many hundreds of thousands of Americans are unemployed for the first time this month and perhaps for the first time in their lives and surely through no fault of their own. Hundreds of billions of dollars disappearing into corporate black holes. Hundreds of thousands of people living a nightmare. It's been going on too long under Bush and now Obama seems to have lost his way. The priority is not these "too big to fail" banks and insurers, it's the people who can't sleep at night for worrying about bills and ruthless credit card companies, it's the kids afraid of having no home -- in this day and age, how the hell can we let that go on? This is not just a big accounting problem or a financial "slow down" its an emergency. If a wildfire or a war displaced this many people from their homes and their jobs, we'd take it seriously, but because it happens on paper and over the telephone, it seems that we can accept it and go about our day.

[rant not over]
Old 03-06-2009, 01:21 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Wink ... How about this

Originally Posted by Chris C.
I'd bet money there's no RS...
If I remember correctly, CJ and MJSpeed, have seen the car or touch the car or something along the line of that...

...bet 10 shares of GM with them?

What Obama proposes is unproven and by their own estimates has a less than 50:50 chance of success. Not okay.
When a plane gets into a Spin during the test flight, in theory, a series of control inputs are executed at the stick and rudder and hope to get back into control.

I would take 50/50 than eject.

Quick Reply: Market on low miles '07 GT3