Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 15 Varieties of 911 for 2009 Including GT3RS

Just got this email from my dealer

http://www.imakenews.com/billpearceb...6bw0b,b6BGNN2l
Old 02-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 141 Posts

Can't put any faith in that since there definitely won't be a GT3 for 2009, let alone an RS...
Old 02-11-2009, 12:25 AM
TripleM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The more i c it, i think the variants are way to many within 911 model

Turbos n GTs remain, the rest just ONE same engine.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

911 'versions' are really just option packages to me. rwd vs awd, hartop vs softtop, etc. they do same thing with boxster/cayman which are the same car
Old 02-12-2009, 12:23 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

If another RS comes out, some guys are going to be pissed. I am almost pissed and I didnt get
one. What I am pissed about is how the dealers preached exclusivity in this country and then not even two years and we have another. I wont ever trust another Porsche salesman (not that I have) again. But the most important thing I dont hold the 911 in the same place I have before. I still want one. But now its just a car. Its not the object of my dreams like when I was a kid. Its still the most important car I want now that I am fixed. But I am dissallusioned by the whole process. I am going to pursue my 911 that belongs in the garage. I can tell why so many guys like the early 65-69 911s.

Its boiled down to the fact the most special thing about the 911 is not the car. Its not even the company. Its the people and friends I have made HERE in the last 6 years. Thats the most rewarding
thing about this car.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
If another RS comes out, some guys are going to be pissed. I am almost pissed and I didnt get one. What I am pissed about is how the dealers preached exclusivity in this country and then not even two years and we have another.
There was a 996RS, a 993RS, 964RS, and Club Sport versions of all Porsche models in the 1990s and late 1980s. To think the 2007-2008 GT3RS was an exclusive 'lightweight' model built for investment purposes and never to be seen again is naivete along the same lines as those 'limited edition' 'first press' 'limit 5 per customer' non-negotiable 'collector' coins advertised in magazines.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:40 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,050 Likes on 575 Posts

OG- I'm with you...the friends I've been making in the last few years in the porsche and later in the racing community have been very rewarding
Old 02-12-2009, 11:42 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Alan you seem to have missed the words "in this country"
in my post.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Wayward
Advanced

Alan you seem to have missed the words "in this country"
in my post.
OG...

"in this country"...Are you sure you didn't mean to say "in this c$ntry"? As in the dried-up, smelly, c$nt of a f$cker intent on ruining the ahem, c$ntry for that of his and his deranged party's political aspirations?

Just askin'.

So we're down to the bottom line. The nitty gritty, if you will. That being said...send me your money. All of it. And I do mean all of it.

Democrats rule, as evidenced by their intrinsic need to ruin the country. As to honoring the past -- this is not to say that Abe Lincoln f$cked up -- since, well, afer his emancipation proclamation he was intent upon loading up boats of the freed for repatriotism back to, well, you know where, where they could fry, boil and eat each other in peace. Sadly, he was shot before he could follow though. Is it too late?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:50 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayward
OG...

"in this country"...Are you sure you didn't mean to say "in this c$ntry"? As in the dried-up, smelly, c$nt of a f$cker intent on ruining the ahem, c$ntry for that of his and his deranged party's political aspirations?

Just askin'.

So we're down to the bottom line. The nitty gritty, if you will. That being said...send me your money. All of it. And I do mean all of it.

Democrats rule, as evidenced by their intrinsic need to ruin the country. As to honoring the past -- this is not to say that Abe Lincoln f$cked up -- since, well, afer his emancipation proclamation he was intent upon loading up boats of the freed for repatriotism back to, well, you know where, where they could fry, boil and eat each other in peace. Sadly, he was shot before he could follow though. Is it too late?
Please post political opinions and commentary to the off-topic forum. It's just not useful here. I appreciate your posts on cars, driving, bad jokes. and even back surgery -- in context -- and I'm not inviting you to begin debate, but going from "country" to "Democrat" to "Lincoln" and meaningless invented words like "repatriotism" then to boiling each other?
Old 02-13-2009, 03:33 AM
triss
Track Day

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
There was a 996RS, a 993RS, 964RS, and Club Sport versions of all Porsche models in the 1990s and late 1980s. To think the 2007-2008 GT3RS was an exclusive 'lightweight' model built for investment purposes and never to be seen again is naivete along the same lines as those 'limited edition' 'first press' 'limit 5 per customer' non-negotiable 'collector' coins advertised in magazines.

There is still only one RS per 911-iteration and those hold their value. The 993 RS for example is still 90k Euros...
Old 02-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

If another RS comes out, some guys are going to be pissed. I am almost pissed and I didnt get
one. What I am pissed about is how the dealers preached exclusivity in this country and then not even two years and we have another. I wont ever trust another Porsche salesman (not that I have) again. But the most important thing I dont hold the 911 in the same place I have before. I still want one. But now its just a car. Its not the object of my dreams like when I was a kid. Its still the most important car I want now that I am fixed. But I am dissallusioned by the whole process. I am going to pursue my 911 that belongs in the garage. I can tell why so many guys like the early 65-69 911s.

Its boiled down to the fact the most special thing about the 911 is not the car. Its not even the company. Its the people and friends I have made HERE in the last 6 years. Thats the most rewarding
thing about this car.

Oh come on Paul- You can't blame the dealers- And Shame on YOU for believing them hook-line-and-sinker!

Look, last I checked , it was Porsche's name and crest on the car. They dictate what goes on.

Don't you guys get that? WTF; you think that your $150k car is REALLY that exclusive?

To get the type of exclusivity that one actually could be 'happy' with is; you'd have to spend TEN times the amount.

Personally, and maybe my song would change if I was in the financial position; but *if* I was LUCKY enough to be able to afford a car that only a few hundred could say they own in this Country; I'd be pretty happy.

Otherwise I better go get my priorities checked.

You wanna get PO'd off at someone? Go write Dr. Wendelin Wiedeking a nasty note. Or, don't buy a Porsche. You know I'm not picking fights with you guys; I'm simply making the point.

Everything must be taken with a grain of salt. Everything.

Oh, and btw; for a population of over 300 million, to be able to own a car that less .01% of that will get-

Is pretty damn good.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:31 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Chris I wasnt pissed at you. just some really inventive guys in California. In fact i would use you to help me find my truth.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Chris I wasnt pissed at you. just some really inventive guys in California. In fact i would use you to help me find my truth.
OHH I know! I Know! I wasn't taking it personal.

The whole car thing *can be* very very frustrating; especially if you're dealing with someone who views you as a $ sign; and not a potential life long client/friend.

How's your back?

Ps. You can always count on me to try and do my part in contributing.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:19 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Chris my back is so good its unreal. I am going to start riding my bicycle here soon Pretty much Pain free
anyway I am at least 90% pain free from a couple months ago. I am really excited about being my old self.
Now I am looking at getting my 911 back. Want to PM me some prices on C2S with PDK?
lease and buy?

Quick Reply: 15 Varieties of 911 for 2009 Including GT3RS