Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Top Gear on BBC America: Stig's GT2 Lap Time?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 01:19 PM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

True. A lot of this times are in wet conditions. Good point, I didn't think about that.
Still impressive for the Cayman even if it's against a 996 GT3 (295hp vs 389hh). It says a lot about the little Cayman! It should be the platform receiving the GT3 engine...
Old 02-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to remember that the Stig is a professional stunt man now, not a race car driver. He isn't guaranteed to get 100% out of a rear engine 2wd, and then a front engine awd car. I don't think anybody can drive everything to a reliable 'best' time because alignment settings alone on a gt3 can drop your lap times by seconds and OEM tires are not comparable between manufacturers for the most part. The GT-R has runflats (apparently they are good runflats, but still)
Old 02-14-2009, 01:18 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

One thing that was funny was when they did the Lambo they said they used the Green one to keep the Stig from mounting the white one!! LOL!. (for those whom dont know the Stig always wears white(WHO on this board WOULND"T know!!!!))
Old 02-15-2009, 11:03 AM
flatspin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never understood why they do lap runs in the wet. I know its damp in England, but there must be enough lag time between filming and airing the shows to allow for finding a clear, dry day. I mean, how can there be any consistancy? Still a great show to watch (even though they seem to go out of their way to bash American cars).
Old 02-15-2009, 11:46 AM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flatspin
there must be enough lag time between filming and airing the shows to allow for finding a clear, dry day.
No! Dude it's England!
I've been in the UK since September for my job and we had a few clear dry days. Sometimes it's clear but the roads are still damp all day!

Quick Reply: Top Gear on BBC America: Stig's GT2 Lap Time?