Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Black GT3 - PCCB's & Track Ready - A Beauty...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nat3970
Primary differences and only ones that matter are:
1) Bigger/different rear spoiler which provides considerably more downforce than regular GT3. Front is slightly different as well to balance with the rear. This likely only matters if you are on a track that has some high speed straightways
(well over 130+ mph)
2) Lightweight flywheel
3) Widder rear end footprint

That's it. First two out of three you can upgrade yourself on a regular GT3 for around $5-$6K and save a ton of $$$ since the difference between the two models at current market prices is at least $30-$35K. IMHO the wider rear end does not make that big a difference but RS owners may disagree. Hope this helps.

I agree that the GT3, for most drivers, is the better choice as well as being now at an insanely low price. I think the delta to the RS is down to the MSRP $17K +/- give or take the quality of the given example (a low mile, mint orange/green/white would surely still have a premium.)
Old 01-31-2009, 12:28 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

-- thanks for the concise reply !

-- what can either of you offer on the introduction of the new gt3 ? -- will it start gaining weight, as seemingly happens with 2nd and 3rd generation cars ? -- i did notice the power gets bumped, probaly more than required for the added weight (probably)
Old 01-31-2009, 12:29 PM
nat3970
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In reading Mooty's comments on other posts I think I undershot the estimated conversion cost. I know the LWFW can be done for around $2.5K so if rear wing runs closer to $10K (still sounds a little a high to me) but neverthless $12K should get you pretty darn close to an RS spec at a very considerable savings.

Originally Posted by nat3970
Primary differences and only ones that matter are:
1) Bigger/different rear spoiler which provides considerably more downforce than regular GT3. Front is slightly different as well to balance with the rear. This likely only matters if you are on a track that has some high speed straightways
(well over 130+ mph)
2) Lightweight flywheel
3) Widder rear end footprint

That's it. First two out of three you can upgrade yourself on a regular GT3 for around $5-$6K and save a ton of $$$ since the difference between the two models at current market prices is at least $30-$35K. IMHO the wider rear end does not make that big a difference but RS owners may disagree. Hope this helps.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:59 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

The wider track on the RS is considerably better on the track...I have alot of seat team in both. This is a beautiful GT3 maybe the best I have seen and it seems like a very fair price.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:19 PM
dagor6
Advanced

Originally Posted by RD16RR
-- thanks for the concise reply !

-- what can either of you offer on the introduction of the new gt3 ? -- will it start gaining weight, as seemingly happens with 2nd and 3rd generation cars ? -- i did notice the power gets bumped, probaly more than required for the added weight (probably)
Hmmm, a fellow desmosedici owner?

You know these cars are just toys comparatively! Use the GT3 for the grocery store runs, the track belongs to the desmo.

The GT3 in every form and year is a great car, but if you have what I think you have, it's all way too slow to notice the differences.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:43 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nick, is the car gone? it is perfect
Old 01-31-2009, 10:16 PM
nat3970
Advanced

Default Cage photos as requested...

Originally Posted by va122
Pics of the cage please.
As requested I took some additional shots of the rollbar. I did the best I could…it’s amazing how much harder it is to get a good photo of the rear area without removing the seats. I also included a couple of additional photos of the front interior, Rennline pedals, Porsche logo etc.

The rollbar was is made by Cantrell Motorsports in Seattle. They also installed it. Colin Cantrell and his team do top notch work and this rollbar was no exception. Cantrell's year round support of a Porsche racing team sure doesn’t hurt either in terms of firsthand experience in these matters....

Here are the rollbar specs and the quality and safety advantages of this rollbar:

#1 Rear braces locate to rear shock towers not to seatbelt mounts as many others do for extra protection. This is a true bolt-in roll bar and this is probably the most important feature in any quality rollbar installation. This is not a harness bar like others or Factory Tequipment bar.

#2 This bar works with factory seats as well as the Recaro’s of course and gives the travel distance. As you will notice in the photos there is extra clearance behind the driver seat, which will comfortably accommodate taller drivers (I’m 6 ft 3in )

#3 Smaller diameter tubing for better clearances yet stronger than others because of the .120 wall thickness. Others use .095 x 1 3/4 which is just too fat to properly fit into a 911 body.

#4 Cantrell paints the bars to match body color.

Last item, I failed to mention on original list of “extra options” on the car also has the GMG wire mesh installed on all air intakes on front bumper, which is a really nice option for anyone who has owned a GT3 and found that everything but the kitchen sink can get caught up in that front area not to mention potential damage to the radiator from flying debris.
Attached Images        
Old 02-01-2009, 01:03 AM
jenk12m
Banned

wow, if i didnt already have a gt3. i would seriously consider buying this with everything that you've done to the car
Old 02-01-2009, 06:31 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick...

I keep coming back to your thread

BUMP FOR A GREAT CAR AND SELLER
Old 02-01-2009, 10:44 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Default Good luck with the sale

This is probably the most beatiful gt3 i have seen. I wish I could buy this car right now...Good luck with the sale
Old 02-01-2009, 11:08 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Given I learned the new market the hard way (or my MB dealer did) this is the first GT3 I have seen priced below what I think its worth. This is a GREAT price for this car as it sits. Spectacular.
Mine just sold for 94K without all the goodies except for PCCB and Fikse wheels.
This will sell fast.
AGREED damn!!

What was I thinking ordering a new M3?!? For not much more I could have had one of these next to my GT2 dammit
Old 02-02-2009, 02:00 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,702 Likes on 2,342 Posts

^ right what were you thinking.
the only car i have ever owned that i dont detail and parked outside is my bmw.
not all that exciting to look at.
not all that exciting to drive.
kind of like an accord, but more $$$
Old 02-03-2009, 05:37 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So 95 with everything right? What tires are on the car now ? Come with Stock wheels or?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
MishaDesigns
Former Vendor

very nice
Old 02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
nat3970
Advanced

Originally Posted by iLLM3
So 95 with everything right? What tires are on the car now ? Come with Stock wheels or?
I no longer have the stock wheels (personally I found them to be too heavy and did not like them..). I can actually feel the steering response difference with the Champions...The car would therefore come with Champion RS-98 wheels as shown in the photos. Please ignore my avatar photo as it was taken before I made the wheel switch...

The asking price of $95K includes all the options listed at the beginning of this thread.

So far there are 3 people who have reached out with varying degrees of interest. No deposit yet, but one person is working on lining up financing and has indicated a final decision before the end of the week.

I structured this offer and price around the notion of a quick sale, so anyone who may still be interested you'll want to decide pretty soon. If the car has not moved within a week to 10 days, it will be taken back to stock to be traded or otherwise sold to someone with likely very different driving interests than most of us who frequent this site.

If I had to do it over again I would definitely have favored buying this car from someone like "yours truly" with all these great options already installed and with the prior owner going through the not inconsiderable time/effort as well as taking the depreciation hit...it would be real shame if someone from this forum does not take advantage of everything that has gone into bringing this car to its current wonderful state, but as the French would say "c'est la vie!"

My thanks to everyone for your positive feedback and comments. I know I'm going to really miss this car....

Quick Reply: Black GT3 - PCCB's & Track Ready - A Beauty...