Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3 allocations

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by ///msw3
I went down to a bay area dealer today, and they told me they expect to charge $50K over MSRP, are they full of it? And they want $25K for a deposit to get on the list. I couldn't help but laugh on the way out.
Let me guess Carlsen?

I had to put $25k down @ Beverley Hills in Jan of '07 for my car, but paid MSRP
(which is locked in via eur delievery)

while they may liketo get over MSRP I cannot imagine anyone who would part with such ...

wait until next years build and do a summer delivery ... or call around other dealers
Old 02-05-2009, 01:25 PM
dagor6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to my local and they wanted 5K/deposit (standard I think) and market pricing that they dictate the day the car arrives. Don't like that? Well you can pass on the car at that time and then just not be on anyone's list.

Their advice? Put deposits down everywhere so I'm on everyone's list. Morons.

I told them it was the last time I was coming in and I knew where to find a phonebook. I guarantee that if you start calling dealerships with 5K in hand right now, you'll find plenty that will be happy to take your deposit today and put you at the front of the line at MSRP with no B.S.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:28 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,058 Likes on 578 Posts

1k deposit is standard, anything more than that is out of the ordinary. I'd ask for interest on my 5k or 25k if they made you leave down that much. keep in mind they made almost 1000 mk1 997 GT3 and RS!
Old 02-05-2009, 01:30 PM
wbrownie
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I think most dealers at this point are thinking that they will try to extract the highest selling price possible since the run of the mill 997s are sitting on the lots.

Its a matter of survival at this point and if they can get someone to put a deposit down at over MSRP and can get it when the car comes, the profit offsets the cost of carrying the other inventory on the lot.

Can't say I would do anything different if in the same situation.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,058 Likes on 578 Posts

FWIW I was on the dealer list for the mk2 RS (3rd) and the GTXXX (2nd) back in january 08. As I was picking up my 08RS, I said I want to go on the list for the next RS as well as the next supercar. I don't know if my RS list spot is transferrable to the mk2 gt3 but I'll call my guy and find out. the real question is what is the magic GT2RS going to cost?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by dagor6
I talked to my local and they wanted 5K/deposit (standard I think) and market pricing that they dictate the day the car arrives. Don't like that? Well you can pass on the car at that time and then just not be on anyone's list.

Their advice? Put deposits down everywhere so I'm on everyone's list. Morons.

I told them it was the last time I was coming in and I knew where to find a phonebook. I guarantee that if you start calling dealerships with 5K in hand right now, you'll find plenty that will be happy to take your deposit today and put you at the front of the line at MSRP with no B.S.

My recommendation, request euro delivery of the car, while costing more this requires the dealer to surface the purchase price to PCNA and Porsche finance
(if used) which makes it a lot harder to hike the price over MSRP.

This is my experience from ordering an '07 back in Jan of that year when I
searched high and low for a build slot *and* I talked with the dealers
internet/fleet salesperson

Honestly I think it unlikely that in this climate that anyone can demand over MSRP especially since Porsche have experienced a 25%+ decrease in demand
so they will already be wondering if they can fill the demand for a production run of 1000+ cars over 2 years.

If the dealer will not agree to MSRP at time of deposit ... go elsewhere
Old 02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I can't believe you all are going to go through this same bull**** all over agian.This is getting so old people paying over sticker and the talk about it.This new car is a minor evolution of the 07-08.Not worth being the first on the block for this one.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:55 PM
alex pulver
5th Gear

I think people will be suprised at how few cars will be coming to the states. I would figure it will be half of the 2007-2008 cars - maybe 500 cars. I agree that paying over sticker is crazy but it will be a difficult car to get.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:56 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
I can't believe you all are going to go through this same bull**** all over agian.This is getting so old people paying over sticker and the talk about it.This new car is a minor evolution of the 07-08.Not worth being the first on the block for this one.

Werd.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:47 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

FYI, Beverly Hills Porsche wanted $25K deposit on my C2/C4s BTO order.

I just went through a broker which went through Beverly Hills' fleet manager and I put down $500 deposit.

I fell off the chair practically, when they asked for $25K deposit.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:56 PM
///msw3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Let me guess Carlsen?

I had to put $25k down @ Beverley Hills in Jan of '07 for my car, but paid MSRP
(which is locked in via eur delievery)

while they may liketo get over MSRP I cannot imagine anyone who would part with such ...

wait until next years build and do a summer delivery ... or call around other dealers
Stead in Walnut Creek. I have no problem waiting.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:23 PM
NJcroc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As with all things in life supply and demand will determine price. I really doubt that the wild ride of 07 will be repeated but I think that over MSRP has a better chance than a discounted GT3.

I do believe that loyal porsche customers should be able to order any car at msrp but flippers are the first ones to drive up prices not dealers
Old 02-05-2009, 07:52 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NJcroc
I do believe that loyal porsche customers should be able to order any car at msrp but flippers are the first ones to drive up prices not dealers
Amen, I can't tell you how many dealers laughed at me when i wanted an RS much less for MSRP, I was told I didn't buy enough cars from them to be considered.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NJcroc
^

2008 - Cayenne GTS bought from Princeton Porsche
2007 - 997 GT3RS bought from Princeton Porsche
2005 - 996 Turbo S bought fromn Princeton Porsche
2003 - 996 C4S bought from Princeton Porsche

Old 02-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Wayward
Advanced

Originally Posted by va122
Amen, I can't tell you how many dealers laughed at me when i wanted an RS much less for MSRP, I was told I didn't buy enough cars from them to be considered.
Ever consider that it might simply (er, simpsonly) be because of an obnoxious avatar?

Just askin'.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 allocations