Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3 allocations

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009 | 11:50 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roberga
my dealer expects no more than 3 cars. They have never sold a new car for over msrp. They took my money yesterday.
barrier?
Old 01-31-2009 | 12:02 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
barrier?
yep. They expect 2 and hope to get a third since they are still moving cars off the lot. I was the first to get my money down but time will tell.
Old 01-31-2009 | 01:07 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

lots of people had to pay over in California. I paid 5 over. There aint know way anyone is going to pay more than MSRP in this economy unless they are stupid. The demand wont be what it was last time.
I believe there are more than a few people that are mad given some posts here, that the GT3 is coming out so fast AND mad about the pricing and the screw you unless you have some serious dough attitude from the dealers. Thats still fresh in my mind. Like I have said before I couldnt get my dealer to email me last time and this time he has emailed ME 5 times unsolicited. its a buyers market this time and I dont think that out of the 1000 996 GT3 buyers and the 1000 997 GT3 buyers there are enough left over to make a demand on this 997.2 GT3
just my opinion.
Old 01-31-2009 | 01:12 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by OldGuy
lots of people had to pay over in California. I paid 5 over. There aint know way anyone is going to pay more than MSRP in this economy unless they are stupid. The demand wont be what it was last time.
I believe there are more than a few people that are mad given some posts here, that the GT3 is coming out so fast AND mad about the pricing and the screw you unless you have some serious dough attitude from the dealers. Thats still fresh in my mind. Like I have said before I couldnt get my dealer to email me last time and this time he has emailed ME 5 times unsolicited. its a buyers market this time and I dont think that out of the 1000 996 GT3 buyers and the 1000 997 GT3 buyers there are enough left over to make a demand on this 997.2 GT3
just my opinion.
I never understood paying over regardless. I do not need anything that badly. That and having a dealer that does not play the game. There are three in Western Washington and none bid the cars up.
Old 01-31-2009 | 01:25 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I looked at it like this. RS's were going for 100k over in some cases. My car had already applied clear bra
on the car. I figured the 5k over including clear bra was a small percentage compared to RS's and its the only GT silver one I could find at the time in the US, so I bit the bullet. Initially they wanted 15k over
so it was a victory for me. Anything more than 5k and I would have bowed out.
Old 01-31-2009 | 05:16 AM
dagor6
Advanced

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I looked at it like this. RS's were going for 100k over in some cases. My car had already applied clear bra
on the car. I figured the 5k over including clear bra was a small percentage compared to RS's and its the only GT silver one I could find at the time in the US, so I bit the bullet. Initially they wanted 15k over
so it was a victory for me. Anything more than 5k and I would have bowed out.
Are you saying you were on the list, waited patiently with a deposit and they wanted 5K over? Or that you went in and picked one out off the showroom floor and they wanted 5K over?

Because in CA a walk-up so to speak would be asked for 10-15K over no problem (not now of course!).

But if I ordered it and got on a wait list and deposit and they asked for an extra dollar I'd tell them to shove it.

Anyway, I'll be ordering my 2010 GT3 in Oregon, I'm not going to let CA take my damn tax refund, raise my income and property taxes and then hand them 10K in sales tax. Forget that. Nevermind the tags cost...

Overall, looks amazing. I have to hand it to them since it looks like they blew the current GT3 away and the new 997 is barely an improvement.
Old 01-31-2009 | 04:11 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

I miss those days when we all believe that paying MSRP is for suckers?
This is like what the gas company has done to de-sensitize us by bringing the gas prices to above $4.00 so when we see $3.50 we are all happy.

It is so true; "the Americans have very short memory."

We might as well go for "0 down, 0 interest" as long as you agreed to buy the car $50K over MSRP!
Old 01-31-2009 | 05:00 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
I miss those days when we all believe that paying MSRP is for suckers?
Agreed. I personally would not pay over MSRP (altho I do understand why others would in certain circumstances and do not begrudge them). I really dislike paying MSRP as well, as the "process" has negotiated profit factored in and MSRP strikes me as 'windfall'. That said, I think the "allocations" game will keep the FL GT3s from being discounted to any real degree. I think it will prob happen here and there but it will be the exception and not the rule. I also think discounts from MSRP will be unlikely for those placing deposits (that is, one or two deals will have to fall thru, floor plan payment time, etc., before discounting). If anyone has placed a deposit for a price less then MSRP - speak up please! Time, tho, will tell and we shall see.
Old 02-01-2009 | 10:26 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

MSRP; I do not see any discounts on GT3's and possibily a small over MSRP on the RS, maybe 5 or 10K, not the 50K from 2 years ago.
Old 02-01-2009 | 11:23 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

I don't think there will be much of a line. However, my dealer tells me that Porsches overall have been cut back 65% in production because of the economy!
Old 02-01-2009 | 11:32 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

I don't see any discounts or overpricing for the cars in Canada. I was down at our local dealer checking out a gorgeous GT3 Cup car that they have in the showroom and my salesperson mentioned that they have over a dozen deposits in hand.

Personally, I'm a fan of supply matching demand and the subsequent appropriate pricing so I don't mind the cars selling for MSRP. I'm not a fan of these cars selling above MSRP, and Canadian dealers have not priced above MSRP in the past, so I think we're in good shape up here in the cold north.
Old 02-02-2009 | 06:51 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I contacted Sonnen in Marin the day I saw the announcement. They claim that they had a lot of
interest and already had 2 people in line.

I want to do euro delivery in '10 so we will see what the market is like then

- Larry
Old 02-02-2009 | 12:21 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

It looks like Euro delivery for an RS in '10 or '11 for me.
Old 02-02-2009 | 12:51 PM
daytonaviolet
Racer

my name has been on the list for a while now, no deposit though. but im still hopefuly that there will be a RS
Old 02-05-2009 | 02:59 AM
///msw3
Advanced

I went down to a bay area dealer today, and they told me they expect to charge $50K over MSRP, are they full of it? And they want $25K for a deposit to get on the list. I couldn't help but laugh on the way out.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 allocations