Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

TireRack Monopoly

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Carefree
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least Damon from TireRack saw this thread and did not "run and hide" he actually offered to help.
Question is, can and will he do anything for you? (keep us posted).

There are a lot of nice aftermarket wheels to choose from, so that is on your side. I really like my Champions, they look good and are 7 lbs lighter per wheel!

Late product is never any fun, especially when you feel like your in limbo.

Good luck.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

My OZs and those of a customer of ours took a long time to arrive.

They are worth the wait. Great, durable wheels.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:56 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine did too. Sucks.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 282 Posts

Being Italian, I feel I can say this fairly - their things are beautiful and worth the wait. Fast commerce just aint in the cards !
Old 01-13-2009, 04:20 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Hey what the H..ll... if a company came up to you and said i want you to be the sole supplier in the US.... wouldnt you do it??? but they still have to sell the product to make money... So I would assume that tire rack is doing the best they can with what they have to work with,,,, if they didnt people like myself who are on the fence would just order another brand rim and probably go order it somewhere else...

i have always had pretty good help from tire rack BTW
Old 01-13-2009, 04:20 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

oh yeah ... CCW,,,, works wonders
Old 01-14-2009, 01:31 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by 930man
oh yeah ... CCW,,,, works wonders
+1 for John @ CCW. Just ordered another set for the GT2 No Bling just great affordable track rims.

Peter
Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Peter i was wondering if i would get an email from you or not?????????
whats the deal!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:22 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

I can vouch for dealing with Italy -- I am dealing with MOMO Italy for a large batch of custom steering wheels that are taking FOREVER to ship. We built and shipped 24 complete racecars in less time than its taking MOMO Italy to finish these steering wheels.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:04 AM
MAB Badgerbimmer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam S, you sound like a petulant child who can’t wait for Christmas. Tirerack is in the business of selling as much product as they can, not making customers wait. My dealings with Tirerack have always been great & prompt, the same experience as virtually everyone hear I am sure.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:20 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,415 Likes on 2,027 Posts

I have to echo what Chris C. and Chris W. said. Having been to Italy several times, they work at a different pace than everyone else. Between the coffee breaks, strikes, afternoon naps, etc, things take a long time, BUT the build and finish quality is unbelievable. I'm afraid we've all become accustom to the "Made in China" syndrome of fast and cheap. Their wheels are worth the wait.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Adam S
Instructor

Already have CCWs... and they are not without flaw - PM me if u want to know.

As for the OZ wheels, I am still waiting with no response from 2 sales reps now....
I PMed Damon several days ago... maybe a week.. with no response either...
:-(

My point is, you may have delays, doesn't mean that entitles you to stop offering customer service because of it.

As for you MAB, not sure what is up with the name calling... maybe you just didn't get a Christmas gift at all?
Your logic that just because you are in business means you can do no wrong, well that simply naive and simplistic.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

+2 on CCW, strongest track wheels available for 996/997. They are not pretty, and definitely not for the poseur, but they are affordable and very strong.

OZ are decent looking wheels, but I have seen BMWs bending them with track use (personal experience).

BBS Racing wheels are great as well, but more expensive, my last set was close to $7k.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:08 PM
MAB Badgerbimmer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My point is that tirerack is not in business to purposely defer or delay sales. Of course they make errors, just like any business, they are human. However this situation is not an error on tirerack's part. They don't bill until shipped, you can't ask for anything more, you can always cancel. Whining about something tirerack has no control over on a public forum is, yes, childish and petulant. No name calling just describing the behavior, no different then you telling your kids no and having them whine and carry on.

Actually i got a really cool 32gig Itouch!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Adam S
Instructor

The point is not wether or not it is intentionally delayed, or un-intentinally delayed. That's the point you make in your head when you don't read what I wrote.

The point is, it sucks that it takes 3 & 1/2 months to get a product in today's lightning fast economy, regardless of what the reasons are.

The point is, if you deal with a country and supplier that has delays, take these into account in your delivery projections, and give your customers reasonable expectations.

The point is if you can't do that, you are not doing a good job.

The point is, even if you were of the opinion that me receiving a delay, then an unexpected delay extention is a good job (as you seem to think), then some people still would like to know it takes that long to get OZ wheels to the USA for their porsches, and that you cannot get them anywhere else.

The point is, their container being delayed does't prevent them from sending me a response, and that proper customer service is what I expect and all of us should get.

The point of my thread is not what experience you had when you ordered something that had no delay, or what experience I had when I ordered something that had no delay, the point is sharing my current experience with this delay.

The point is I have the right to complain about this experience, because, regardless of your understanding of my life and schedule, I have plans and dates that are inconvienced by this 2 time, unforseen delay.

As for your comments, since you are choosing to attack my character rather than giving constructive advice, let me then reply that you must be a bored jealous person who has nothing better to do than whine about my complaint.

And given that you do this from behind an anonymous username, in an anonymous location, with no picture or description of your ride or name, you can be proud of the fact that, given your post count, this writing of yours looks to be a good percentage of anything you've ever contributed on this site in almost 4 years of membership...

Going forward, and out of respect for this forum , I will just ignore you so as not to partake in your childsish name calling.

And for the record, I find your gift lame.

Last edited by Adam S; 01-22-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Quick Reply: TireRack Monopoly