Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Need a medical update on "Old Guy"

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:02 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Jack I was playing football and league BB until I was almost 46. Thats when I noticed the pain.
It wnet downhill from there. The vagaries of an athletic youth as Wayward put so well!
Luckily I had a surgical option.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
... or go buy your silver GT3 back. You can probably get it for less than they paid you for it!
If this is it at Fremont, it's now at 107k: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=20
Old 12-17-2008, 06:12 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
If this is it at Fremont, it's now at 107k: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=20
Did OG have Fiske wheels? I don't remember.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
Did OG have Fiske wheels? I don't remember.
I believe so, and they were originally asking 125k for that car... If it's the same car...
Old 12-17-2008, 06:56 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
Joe,

What are you waiting for? It has your name written all over it. You can always get it painted Black. Just like the 993 days.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

that was my car. thats less than they paid me for it. boy did I pull off a good deal!!
AND I am pretty happy with my AMG, the thing is just silly fun really!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
Joe,

What are you waiting for? It has your name written all over it. You can always get it painted Black. Just like the 993 days.
I actually looked at that one before OG bought it. But you know I need black.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:19 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Jack I was playing football and league BB until I was almost 46. Thats when I noticed the pain.
It wnet downhill from there. The vagaries of an athletic youth as Wayward put so well!
Luckily I had a surgical option.
Paul:

I will be 67 on my next birthday. I still walk several miles a day workout on a "Total Gym"play golf when i can. Of course there is always the yard and car work and then playing with the toys. Since the airplane left( the eye issue) I enjoy the Cayman S, the '83 track ready SC and looking forward to the '09 Carrera S with PDK. As the frame around my license plate says "Fighter pilots never grow up" my wife had that made for me .. any you know what I don't want to. My body may be aging but my mind, spirit and initiative are as young as anyone's and I plan to stay that way. Now where is the Bayer.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:14 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Get better soon Paul! And just in time for an 09 GT3 as well:P
Old 12-17-2008, 11:15 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Paul:

I will be 67 on my next birthday. I still walk several miles a day workout on a "Total Gym"play golf when i can. Of course there is always the yard and car work and then playing with the toys. Since the airplane left( the eye issue) I enjoy the Cayman S, the '83 track ready SC and looking forward to the '09 Carrera S with PDK. As the frame around my license plate says "Fighter pilots never grow up" my wife had that made for me .. any you know what I don't want to. My body may be aging but my mind, spirit and initiative are as young as anyone's and I plan to stay that way. Now where is the Bayer.
I can only hope to be half as nifty as you at 67 You'd run rings around me now! Never did see any pix of that SC of yours?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

OG

one thing for sure, PDK is a God send for spine damage. BTW, I go into Cedars early Jan!!
Old 12-17-2008, 11:24 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by watt
OG

one thing for sure, PDK is a God send for spine damage. BTW, I go into Cedars early Jan!!
Just got done having a fun drive with Dan (behind me) today down my favorite road. The PDK car is "intelligent" in the way it shifts. Uncanny... even if you don't use the paddles (or coin slot returns). It's going to win a lot of people over...
Old 12-18-2008, 12:16 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I havent had the honor yet to drive the PDK. However I am amazed at the Intuition of the AMG Speedshift tranny, really amazing.
Jack I wish we were close enough to hit the golf course together!!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:07 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I havent had the honor yet to drive the PDK. However I am amazed at the Intuition of the AMG Speedshift tranny, really amazing.
Jack I wish we were close enough to hit the golf course together!!
Paul:

I don't know how to post pictures here but let me have your e-mail and I will snd you some pictures of the SC. I'm doing anther mod. changing out rhe small whale tail for a duck tail, always liked the duck tail better. As for golf any time. I don't play very often because I have no one to play with but enjoy getting out. I would think you are still several months away from full swings, but putting and chipping will keep your game sharp and not hurt the back. Merry Christmas Jack
Old 12-18-2008, 11:20 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Paul:

I don't know how to post pictures here but let me have your e-mail and I will snd you some pictures of the SC. I'm doing anther mod. changing out rhe small whale tail for a duck tail, always liked the duck tail better. As for golf any time. I don't play very often because I have no one to play with but enjoy getting out. I would think you are still several months away from full swings, but putting and chipping will keep your game sharp and not hurt the back. Merry Christmas Jack
Jack,

Here are my "can't miss" instructions for posting a pic. These instructions have NEVER failed to help someone post pics, so the pressure is on YOU to keep my string alive!

All words shown in BOLD indicate buttons. If you are just doing a "Quick Reply" you will have to click on Go Advanced button. Then follow the steps below:

Down below the part of the screen where you type the text and below the Submit Reply, the Preview Post, and Spell Check buttons, there is a Miscellaneous Options section followed by an Attach Files section.

In the Attach Files section, click on the Manage Attachments button.

You will now get a pop-up window. There are 3 buttons Browse, Upload, and Close this Window.

Click on the Browse button and now (in a new pop-up window) you can search on your PC to locate the pic you want to attach. Click on the name of the file you want and then click the Open button. Now click on the Upload button. After the file has been uploaded, you can click on Browse button and repeat the process to upload another pic or click on the Close this Window button.

After you click on the Close this Window, you will be back to the original "message" screen. Your pic file should be listed just above the Manage Attachments button.

If you are finished typing the text, you can click on the Submit Reply button and everyone will be able to see your great looking P-car!

If your pics are too large, you can resize them with MS Paint, or PhotoShop software, or you can do it online at this web site. http://www.resize2mail.com/

Quick Reply: Need a medical update on "Old Guy"