Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

How's the 997 GT3 market....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 10:04 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I fail to see how "member" becomes "sponsor" (and with it the privilege to advertise a business.) It seems to me you're employed by a franchised dealership and you're trying to use Rennlist to make some profit and doing so in a pretty unscrupulous way. When you write "my dealer" I think you need to explain whether you're an employee or a customer. If you're a customer, then fine, but if you're an employee, please make that clear in your posts.

ref:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...seat-belt.html
nice call....

Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I fail to see how "member" becomes "sponsor" (and with it the privilege to advertise a business.) It seems to me you're employed by a franchised dealership and you're trying to use Rennlist to make some profit and doing so in a pretty unscrupulous way. When you write "my dealer" I think you need to explain whether you're an employee or a customer. If you're a customer, then fine, but if you're an employee, please make that clear in your posts.

ref:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...seat-belt.html
Also the contact at Braman for this white GT3 is named "Raj"...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=310106590127
Old 12-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by am722
Also the contact at Braman for this white GT3 is named "Raj"...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=310106590127
I hadn't seen that listing on eBay and that could well be a customer getting a courtesy "consignment" (I've seen it at local dealers) but I didn't mean to start a "burn the witch" I just noticed an odd set of coincidences which seem to indicate that RajGT3 is not necessarily clear on how Rennlisters prefer to see things done. I believe everyone deserves a fair trial and good hanging. : )

Also from RajGT3:

https://rennlist.com/forums/6053460-post3.html

"
November was an interesting month. I am a Franchised Porsche Dealer in South Florida and we were is great shape compared to last year and last month. Some areas are more affected than others.

But despite the times......It is the best time for a BUYER in the Auto market.

2008 BMW 750LiAlpine White/Creme-Blk lthr int. Sportpkg, 20" wheels etc...
"
Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to a couple dealers toying with the idea of buying a GT-R and they explained to me how great the GT-R market is and how they can charge a premium up to 90k on one. I also found a car for 73k as well though so one place was closer to reasonable selling at the old MSRP partially because someone had backed out on a 5k deposit on that car already months ago and it's just sitting on his lot.

I had trade-in offers from 68k to 80k on a 2008 GT3 with 8000 miles. Not a great market for selling a GT3 at the moment.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:19 AM
RajGT3
Advanced

I'm a customer and an employee. I apologize for the plug.

I just had a friend pick up a GTR - Super Silver - with approx 1k miles well under MSRP. The Turbo's and GT3 are getting to a point of trading and selling at the 100k mark. The GT3RS cars can also be had in the 125-140k range.

I certainly agree as am owner and a porsche dealer that right now is a buyers market and that falls true for the car you are looking to buy......and also the one you are trading even if it is a GT3 or Turbo.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:35 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^
^
Likemystoppie will be pissed at you (as he is a paying Sponsor) and wants first dibs (entitlement?) on the lazy Rennlist Customers who think by asking a question here, or sending an email, gets them the best deal.

It is always fun to watch how the certain Sponsors try to manipulate the sites through the "periodic" introduction of topics.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:15 AM
RajGT3
Advanced

BACK TO THE TOPIC......

Gallardo's are a scary investment. A friend who was aggressively seeking an RS just traded his 08 Gallardo Spyder - 6-spd.....just traded the car for 140K with under 2500 miles on it.

I still lean on the RS as a better investment considering the supply of them in general and lack of production.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:44 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
^
^
Likemystoppie will be pissed at you (as he is a paying Sponsor) and wants first dibs (entitlement?) on the lazy Rennlist Customers who think by asking a question here, or sending an email, gets them the best deal.

It is always fun to watch how the certain Sponsors try to manipulate the sites through the "periodic" introduction of topics.

and it gets pretty tiresome the transparent agenda of their threads
Old 12-13-2008, 10:52 AM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default gt3 rs

I see very few if any pristine low mile good color combo and option 2008 gt3 rs for sale recently I think if you have one you can still get good money and sell them fairly easily. I am biased becuase thats what I own but that is my opinion
Old 12-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Tradical
AutoX

The car market including high end sports cars is frozen. Nothing is an easy sell these days. Dealers are not buying because they can not sell. The few cars selling are at below wholesale unless you can get lucky and find that "special buyer".
Old 12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tradical
The car market including high end sports cars is frozen. Nothing is an easy sell these days. Dealers are not buying because they can not sell. The few cars selling are at below wholesale unless you can get lucky and find that "special buyer".
.... or, that special Seller that's motivated to sell.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
the lazy Rennlist Customers who think by asking a question here, or sending an email, gets them the best deal.
Are you insinuating that he doesn't give the best deals? When I was shopping for a 997 Turbo, he was far and away the easiest to deal with, best value on my trades, and the most off sticker on a custom-ordered car. I'd say that's something to shout about... If that makes me lazy, then what's not lazy? Driving to every dealership in the country? Seems to me, checking all the Porsche dealer sites via internet is just as lazy (and I did that, too).
Old 12-14-2008, 05:19 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Are you insinuating that he doesn't give the best deals? When I was shopping for a 997 Turbo, he was far and away the easiest to deal with, best value on my trades, and the most off sticker on a custom-ordered car. I'd say that's something to shout about... If that makes me lazy, then what's not lazy? Driving to every dealership in the country? Seems to me, checking all the Porsche dealer sites via internet is just as lazy (and I did that, too).
There are some people here who think that if you're not paying under invoice and getting free breadsticks and salad at Olive Garden, you're getting screwed. I don't live in that town either.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by am722
There are some people here who think that if you're not paying under invoice and getting free breadsticks and salad at Olive Garden, you're getting screwed. I don't live in that town either.
Ha ha - that's funny... When I bought my Carrera S, I thought I got a good deal at sticker. Little did I know...
Old 12-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Ha ha - that's funny... When I bought my Carrera S, I thought I got a good deal at sticker. Little did I know...
Man I paid 15k over sticker my used gt3 with 800 miles on it and felt decent at the time, not so good now though.

Quick Reply: How's the 997 GT3 market....