Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997 GT3 Tequipment Rollbar / Euro GT3 Seats / Schroth seat belt.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 03:01 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Also with all due respect, what's wrong with informing the uninformed? I thought we are supposed to watch out for each other. I don't consider these information to be insulting to the seller. It is true factual information.
+1. I was in no way trying to be disrespectful or "uncool" with my comments. Simply giving those less informed a point of reference.

Originally Posted by RajGT3
Guys.....

Thanks for the kind words. I'm a big boy and like in anything else we sell in life.
Why not ask for all the money...... You never know.
That's just the problem though. You might actually have gotten ALL the money you were asking ($300 over what the seats cost new) to someone who didn't know any better. Which IMO is not right.

For as long as I've been reading this forum (the last 3 or so years), the spirit of RL has always been about helping those who are less informed, myself very much included. The guys here love to help others spend their money, but as I've seen, it's always in the best way possible. IMO by not giving those less informed as many facts as possible before buying is doing a dis-service to the spirit of RL. Just my .02
Old 11-30-2008, 08:32 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnerd
+1. I was in no way trying to be disrespectful or "uncool" with my comments. Simply giving those less informed a point of reference.

That's just the problem though. You might actually have gotten ALL the money you were asking ($300 over what the seats cost new) to someone who didn't know any better. Which IMO is not right.

For as long as I've been reading this forum (the last 3 or so years), the spirit of RL has always been about helping those who are less informed, myself very much included. The guys here love to help others spend their money, but as I've seen, it's always in the best way possible. IMO by not giving those less informed as many facts as possible before buying is doing a dis-service to the spirit of RL. Just my .02
I totally agree that we should look out for each other and the forum is here for just that; and to inform each other and have fun, etc... But he also is not asking an unreasonable price for the items; not at all.

I personally would not go on someone's reasonable "for sale" thread and post links and/or references to the same parts for sale somewhere else for a few hundred dollars less.

Besides, somone might live in his same area and get to look and touch the seats and not have to pay for shipping; that is worth something too.

A PM to the seller would be a better approach in my book.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 340Elise
I totally agree that we should look out for each other and the forum is here for just that; and to inform each other and have fun, etc... But he also is not asking an unreasonable price for the items; not at all.

I personally would not go on someone's reasonable "for sale" thread and post links and/or references to the same parts for sale somewhere else for a few hundred dollars less.

Besides, somone might live in his same area and get to look and touch the seats and not have to pay for shipping; that is worth something too.

A PM to the seller would be a better approach in my book.
IMO asking $300 over what they cost new for used seats is definitely approaching unreasonable. Especially considering the fact that most used euro shells sell close to 2k with hardware.

I agree that sending a pm to the seller would be a good approach, but it's only effective if the seller takes the advice. I'll do that next time and will get out of this sellers hair.

Again, no disrespect and all the best with the sale.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:55 PM
function_analysi
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:40 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by todinlaw
Now that you broke the ice, i bought the belts there for 330.00 each.
Where?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:59 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnerd

^ Agree 1000%. Colby you did right. The Rennlist spirit is to help out, not rip off, fellow enthusiasts. And bringing public attention to those who do attempt to rip off the innocent is a great service to the community here. No need to apologize!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BobbyC
^ Agree 1000%. Colby you did right. The Rennlist spirit is to help out, not rip off, fellow enthusiasts. And bringing public attention to those who do attempt to rip off the innocent is a great service to the community here. No need to apologize!
Glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way. Thanks Bobby
Old 12-01-2008, 11:21 PM
RajGT3
Advanced

Wow.....Am I sorry I even posted these.

You guys are incredible..........
Old 12-12-2008, 09:18 PM
RajGT3
Advanced

Seats sold!

Thanks everyone.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Seats sold!

Thanks everyone.
Glad to see things worked out.

Wow.....Am I sorry I even posted these.

You guys are incredible..........
Yes. Yes, we are.

Now if only you meant that in a good way.

As for you complaining at the same time as selling your own gear which you presumably got at a decent discount for working at a Porsche dealership at the same time as pimping your own franchised dealership, well, I think you're starting to annoy more than entertain. I suggest we all chip in a buck and pay back RajGT3 for his membership and bid him farewell.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:24 AM
RajGT3
Advanced

I meant it in the best of ways. I really mean well and don't intend on causing waves. And again I apologize for the plug.

If there is anything I can assist any of you with i.e questions/inside information being a franchised dealer, I would be happy to return the favor. Thank you once again.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:49 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^

Where do I send the $ to get rid of him (and others), I'll even contribute $10.

We need to clean up Rennlist and get rid of the the Shills.

I also think Sponsors should only be able to start topics in their own designated section, to avoid confusion, or the appearance of objectivity.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:07 AM
RajGT3
Advanced

clean up rennlist. Easy, stay on the topic.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

clean up rennlist. Easy, stay on the topic.
I think the point in "cleaning up Rennlist" is for members to identify unscrupulous sales staff purporting to be customers until they're caught and exposed.

The signature of "RajGT3" before being caught:

2008 BMW 750LiAlpine White/Creme-Blk lthr int. Sportpkg, 20" wheels etc...
... and after being caught:

General Sales Manager
Braman Porsche
I think the signature from day one could have been entirely anonymous, it's no business of Rennlist to know if any given member is a prince or a pauper, but not once the given Rennlister starts selling for their own gain (by employee discounts) or the gain of their employer (let alone posting blatant advertisements for the Porsche dealer where they're employed) then the full disclosure of affiliations is the only ethical way forward.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:31 AM
RajGT3
Advanced

dude....Let it go.....get a life. Sorry it bothers you so much.....Mr. Carrera GT. I'm not in it for personal gain. I have what I have and its been posted in pics above. Some Rennlist members have benefited from the belts/seats i sold at very reasonable prices. As for the personal gain its only the knowledge and information in conversations that I seek....which many of my client has urged me to explore. Not sure if I insulted you so blatently....but get over it. And lastly if I were soliciting business by posting discounts etc. I really would understand your point.....but I'm NOT.....So again get over it. Oh and for the parts I sold, they came in the GT3 I bought from SUNCOAST PORSCHE. Not employee discounts as you so eloquently put it. Pimping my store wasn't it but you carrying this on is certainly getting me the exposure so I suppose I ought to thank you.

Really ..... if I offended you Mr. Carrera GT...I apologize. Get over it and let it go.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 Tequipment Rollbar / Euro GT3 Seats / Schroth seat belt.